RadioBanter

-   Moderated (https://www.radiobanter.com/moderated/)
-   -   [KE9V] Art Bell Hangs it Up (https://www.radiobanter.com/moderated/237960-%5Bke9v%5D-art-bell-hangs-up.html)

KE9V via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin December 13th 15 05:10 PM

[KE9V] Art Bell Hangs it Up

Perturbation

Art Bell Hangs it Up

http://ke9v.net/2015/12/12/art-bell-hangs-it-up/

Art Bell, W6OBB has abruptly terminatedÂ*the latest incarnation of his radio
program, Midnight in the Desert.

The entertainer claims that someone has been stalking him and his family
around their home in the high desert” of Pahrump, Nevada and that his
shutting down is out of concern for his family’s safety. This time around,
he managed to “broadcast” his program for about five months before pulling
the plug. He’s become as well known for retiring as for his unusual program
which focused on world events, UFO’s, aliens, and the paranormal.

Some listeners claim they have checked police records for that area and can
find no police reports filed leading to speculation that either the new
program wasn’t doing as well as Bell had hoped, or that he simply had grown
bored with the latest effort.

I think he may not have been enamored with the Internet podcast format used
and that he continues to pine for the magic of real radio broadcasting. We
may never know the truth behind the latest shutdown, but Art Bell has
always been entertaining and one of the best broadcasters of all time.

Though disappointed to see him go, again, it’s always been a great ride!

Here’s the complete announcement from his Web site:

I am sorry to have to announce this but I will not be on Tonight or any
other night, yes I am going to hang it up. Whoever this crazy person is,
they are not stopping and it has come to the point that we as a Family do
not feel it is worth the risk. While I think the person or persons are
after me, my Wife and now my Daughter are really scared, the other night
after the latest incident my Daughter was off in the corner of her bed
scared to death as the Police cars came screaming up. I will not put my
Family through this. As you all know I dearly love what I do but not at the
expense of never ending Terrorism. I want to thank those of you who have
shown so much support and it has been my joy, short as it has been to have
cracked that Mic open for a last time. This was a Family decision. The
girls stuck with me and still would but if one of them were harmed because
of what I love doing my life would be over.

Art

Filed under: Life Tagged: w6obb