RadioBanter

-   Moderated (https://www.radiobanter.com/moderated/)
-   -   [W2LJ] Oh, wow! (https://www.radiobanter.com/moderated/238822-%5Bw2lj%5D-oh-wow.html)

W2LJ via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin June 8th 16 05:11 AM

[W2LJ] Oh, wow!

W2LJ's Blog - QRP - Do More With Less.

Oh, wow!

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

That about says it all, doesn't it? And here I was, wondering why I've
been hearing so little on the bands. Looks like, even though we'd be
battling summer static, 80 and 40 Meters in the evenings might be the best
bet for decent QSOs.

It might also do me in good stead to get something decent up in the air for
6 Meters, to take advantage of this time of year. I think that in my close
to 40 years in Amateur Radio, that you can count on one hand, the number of
QSOs that I've made on 6 Meters. Admittedly, up until owning my KX3, I
never had 6 Meter capability before. Add to that, that I've never had a
decent antenna for 6 Meters, either. I'll have to Google the subject to
see if I can't homebrew something decent. Anyone have suggestions?

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!