Old July 13th 16, 05:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.info

Default FCC Daily Digest 07/13/2016

(Moderator's Note: Only FCC Part 97 Amateur Radio related actions are shown below.)

Daily Digest

Vol. 35 No. 132 July 13, 2
016

[...]

NATTAPONG CHUAMUANGPHAN. Modified the license for Amateur Radio Service
Station KCIDWD. Action by: Deputy Chief, Mobility Division, Wireless Telec
ommunications Bureau. Adopted: 07/08/2016 by ORDER. (DA No. 16-793). WTB
https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/at...A-16-793A1.doc
https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/at...A-16-793A1.pdf

(Moderator's Note:

Amateur or Part 97 match found in contents linked at URL:

)
Licensee of Amateur Service Station KC1DWD )

[...]

1. Introduction. In this Order of Modification, we modify the operator privileges of Nattapong
Chuamuangphan (Chuamuangphan), licensee of Amateur Radio Service Station KC1DWD, by replacing
Amateur Extra operator privileges with General Class operator privileges. As explained below, we take
this action pursuant to an earlier order proposing to modify Chuamuangphan's license.1

[...]

Coordinator (ARRL VEC) sent an electronic data file to the Commission requesting that
Chuamuangphan's operator license for amateur Station KC1DWD be modified to upgrade from General
Class to Amateur Extra Class amateur radio operator privileges.2 Based on this application, the
Commission granted Chuamuangphan an Amateur Extra Class amateur service operator license on
January 29, 2016. This license authorizes Chuamuangphan to be the control operator of an amateur
station transmitting on frequency bands authorized by Section 97.301(b) of our rules.3

[...]

made an error in the January 29, 2016, data file and that Chuamuangphan had not qualified for an
Amateur Extra Class operator license.4 Therefore, ARRL VEC urged us to modify Chuamuangphan's
license to correct the operator privileges authorized. Consequently, we proposed to modify the license

[...]

Based on the record before us, we conclude that it is in the public interest to modify Chuamuangphan's
license for Station KC1DWD by replacing Amateur Extra Class operator privileges with General Class
operator privileges.

[...]

4(i) and 316(a) of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, 47 U.S.C. §§ 154(i), 316(a), and
Section 1.87 of Commission's Rules, 47 C.F.R. § 1.87, the license for Amateur Radio Service Station
KC1DWD BE MODIFIED by replacing Amateur Extra Class operator privileges with General Class
operator privileges.

)

[...]