Old July 19th 16, 06:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default [KB6NU] From my Twitter feed: 50 ohms, harmonic oscillators, TV series features ham radio

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

From my Twitter feed: 50 ohms, harmonic oscillators, TV series features ham
radio

Â*Laurent Haas F6FVY @f6fvy

50 Ohms: The Forgotten Impedance belden.com/blog/broadcast… #hamradio

WIRED Science @WIREDScience

Everything is a harmonic oscillator wired.com/2016/07/everyt…

Essex Ham @EssexHam
Ham radio to feature heavily in new US crime drama. Watch the trailer for
Frequency he youtu.be/BL8Rl2n2C6Y

The post From my Twitter feed: 50 ohms, harmonic oscillators, TV series
features ham radio appeared first on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.

Tech study guide audiobook now available

The audiobook version of the Technician Class study guide becameÂ*available
on Audible/Amazon over theÂ*weekend. Im not exactly 100% thrilled by this,
though. In fact, I was even thinking of pulling it from Audible.

The biggest reason for this is that Audible does not let you set the price
of your own audiobook! Instead, they say, Each retailer of your Audiobook
independently prices your product and determines such price in their sole
discretion. They then give a table listing approximate prices for various
lengths. My book is approximately two and a quarter hours long, and the
table lists an approximate price of $7 $10. Buying the book from
Audible.Com costs $6.95, while buying it from Amazon.Com costs only $6.08.

This is really amazing to me because when you publish and e-book with
Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) and print versions with CreateSpace, both
Amazon companies, you have the complete freedom to set whatever price you
want.

In addition, the royalties arent as generous as with KDP or CreateSpace.
With KDP, if youre book is priced $9.95 or less, you receive a 70% royalty.
CreateSpace isnt quite so generous, but its still pretty good. Audible only
gives you a 40% royalty, and you only get that if you agree to let
Audible/Amazon be the exclusive distributor.

Since its done, Ill probably just let it ride. Im seriously considering not
doing audio versions of the General Class and Extra Class study guides,
though. Its a lot of work, and if the sales dont materialize, Id probably
be better off writing a different book. On the flip side, I have already
sold three copies without any promotion whatsoever.

What do you think? Id appreciate any thoughts you might have on this.

The post Tech study guide audiobook now available appeared first on KB6NUs
Ham Radio Blog.