RadioBanter

-   Moderated (https://www.radiobanter.com/moderated/)
-   -   [KB6NU] From my inbox: Worlds smallest keyer and generating Morse Code with Javascript (https://www.radiobanter.com/moderated/239405-%5Bkb6nu%5D-my-inbox-worlds-smallest-keyer-generating-morse-code-javascript.html)

KB6NU via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin October 10th 16 06:19 PM

[KB6NU] From my inbox: Worlds smallest keyer and generating Morse Code with Javascript

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

From my inbox: Worlds smallest keyer and generating Morse Code with
Javascript

On the CWOps mailing list, Martin, OK1RR, introduced hisÂ*TinyKeyer, which
he claims is the worlds smallest keyer. He writes:

This keyer, the (possibly) Worlds Smallest Fully-Featured CW Keyer
withÂ*Computer Support, based on Arduino design, employs the famous K3NG
code.Â*It can be used with any Windows/Linux/Mac logging or contesting
softwareÂ*with Winkeyer USB (K1EL) support. The credit & big kudos goes to
AnthonyÂ*Good (Goody), K3NG, who did the tremendous work. It is a very small
unitÂ*(outer dimensions 45 x 45 x 18.6 mm, appx. 1.8 x 1.8 x 0.73 in)
whichÂ*does not have any fancy options (a zillion of buttons,
psychedelicÂ*flashing LED lights or cockatoo colored displays). It is
intended forÂ*regular CW work and contesting with computer support, most of
functions should be adjusted and operated via the computer. PCB or kits can
be available depending on interest.

Theres even a Yahoo Group for support. To get on the list, send a
.
Generate Morse Code with Javascript
My old friend, Jack Vaughan, sent me aÂ*link to a blog page titled,
Generating Morse Code With JavaScript.Â* Eric Holk, the author, notes that
theÂ*whole programÂ*is less than 100 lines of code and uses the Web Audio
API. This might be useful if any of you are thinking of developing an
online CW tutor.

The post From my inbox: Worlds smallest keyer and generating Morse Code
with Javascript appeared first on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.