Post : GMRS: The Other UHF Band
Author : Bob K0NR
Categories : GMRS

I've always had a liking for the General Mobile Radio Service (GMRS). It's a
licensed radio service but does not require a technical exam so it works
great for basic personal communications. When our kids were young we made
good use of GMRS communications. This was back in the Pre-Cellphone Era,
shortly after the dinosaurs left the earth. I still have my GMRS license:
KAF1068 (
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/lett...icId=199228&le
tterVersionId=55&autoLetterId=0&letterCode=AZ&radi oServiceCode=ZA&op=LetterPd
f&licSide=Y&letterTo=L%20%20%20%20&archive=null )

http://www.k0nr.com/wordpress/wp-con...0-with-mic.jpg

[...]