Old January 14th 18, 10:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default QRZ Forums - Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors for Sunday 14 January 2018

Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors

Help me visualize tree mounted dipole at new QTH

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thr...ew-qth.595255/

I am using an end fed antenna currently but about to move to a new QTH in
March where I will have an opportunity to install a 20/40M dipole. I have
searched every nook and cranny of the web but cant find what I need to
understand. Please correct me where I am wrong or if there is a site on
the web I have missed I would appreciate a link

Shack will be on the 2nd floor - so coax will come down to ground level
I want to bury the cable for about a 100 foot run to the woods behind...

Help me visualize tree mounted dipole at new QTH

Switching Transmit/Receive Antennas

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thr...tennas.595261/

I need somebody to tell me what Im looking for! I have an IC-7200. Great
rig; love it. But it only has one antenna port.

What I want to know is: is there some automatic antenna switch or T/R
switch that can switch between transmit and receive antennas? Id like to
experiment with LoG receive antennas for MF, but that means Ill have to add
some box that can do the switching outside the rig and just use the one
port on the rig.

I need to know what its called so I have keywords to search...

Switching Transmit/Receive Antennas

Hustler antenna on boat

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thr...n-boat.595175/

I have a Hustler antenna that I want to install on my boat. The only place
for it really is beside the wheelhouse. The house is fiberglass and the
antenna is just be inches away. It will extend about 5’ above.

What are the thoughts on this?

Thanks for your help

160 meter trap

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thr...r-trap.595272/

IL looking for a better low band antenna solution. At my home, I dont have
too many things to hang an antenna on. Verticals seem to be a good option
here.

DX Engineering ha an interesting and sturdy 80/40 antenna. I think that it
might be cool to put a trap on the top and run a wire to facilitate 160
meters.

Would any of you have any suggestions for a trap design?

Is there a process for tuning an OCF dipole?

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thr...dipole.594574/

Hi all,

Ill be building an 80 meter OCF later this Spring when it dries out a
bit, and I am wondering if there is a certain process for tuning the legs
of the dipole since they are different lengths? For an 80 meter OCF thats
137 feet long would have one leg 45.667 feet long, and the other leg 91.333
feet long. Should I make it longer proportionally a bit and shorten one leg
1 inch and the other 2 inches then? Any suggestions appreciated!

Ill also have a balun...

Is there a process for tuning an OCF dipole?

Question regarding adding antenna to roof

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thr...o-roof.594778/

I have a Comet GP3 antenna coming that I want to add to the roof. My plan
is to add a fake roof jack. The vent pipe on the fake jack would run from
the attic floor, where it would be secured, out through the roof. I was
planning on using PVC pipe and I would need a little more than 1 length of
10 pvc pipe. Its 14 from the attic floor to the bottom of the room where I
plan on putting the antenna. The antenna would mount on top of the fake
roof jack with the coax running down the...

Question regarding adding antenna to roof

Anyone have experience with Loop On Ground receive antenna

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thr...ntenna.595179/

Ive been looking for ideas for receive only antennas for the low bands and
stumbled across an article for a LOG (Loop On Ground). This one looks
intriguing to me because supposedly it can give good performance with a
square loop of only 15 ft. per side. Im wondering if anyone here as any
experience with these - ultimately Id like to improve s/n ratio on 40 and
80 (and ultimately 160 if I can ever get a transmit antenna up).

(If I had the space Id try some beverage antennas but I just...

Anyone have experience with Loop On Ground receive antenna

Need help to install a station in apartment

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thr...rtment.595211/

Hello everyone

I had to move into an apartment take care my mother with Alzheimer. At
first i said super second floor and attic.

In phoenix I bought SK station which include Icom 706 so I figured Ill buy
ah4 do a loop in the attic. But found no one to help had to wait for
friend come out from phoenix. took several trip since I also had to add
CCTV system watch my mother.

Finally made 140 ft loop in attic. Well here is when problems started.

Loop is about 140 ft #12 stranded cooper...

Need help to install a station in apartment

My final(?) attempt to improve Cobweb bandwidth

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thr...dwidth.573588/

I described some modifications of the G3TXQ Cobweb in the other thread. I
called them Mark 1 and Mark 2. I built Cobweb Mk.1 myself and Elias, EB5KT,
built Cobweb Mk.2. Mark 2 was better because it had wider bandwidth on the
10 m band. However, bandwidth improvement came at a cost. The radiation
patterns of the modified Cobwebs were closer to a bidirectional dipole-like
pattern. Since that time, I modeled a number of other modified Cobwebs but
until recently all my ideas did work very well....

My final(?) attempt to improve Cobweb bandwidth