Old June 20th 18, 08:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default [KD8CEC] uBITX Firmware CEC Version 1.094Beta Release(Include Nextion, TJC GUI Firmware)

KD8CEC Amateur Radio

uBITX Firmware CEC Version 1.094Beta Release(Include Nextion, TJC GUI
Firmware)

http://www.hamskey.com/2018/06/ubitx...-1094beta.html

uBITX Firmware CEC Version 1.094Beta Release(Include Nextion LCD and TJC
LCD GUI Firmware)
uBITX firmware CEC Version is based on uBITX which has not modified
anything. Prior to deployment, the 16x02 LCD with built-in is tested first.
Nextion LCD, TJC LCD, 20x04 LCD and I2C LCD are not essential for using
uBITX Firmware CEC version.
This version is not significantly different from version 1.08. Nextion LCD
and TJC LCD is added to 1.09x version

1.Installation and Introduction
The link below contains installation instructions and basic usage, so this
post will briefly explain the changes.
http://www.hamskey.com/2018/06/ubitx...-firmware.html

In addition, the video below shows the features added in this version.
This video was once again linked to the bottom of this document. You do not
have to watching twice.

2.uBITX Firmware CEC Version 1.094 and Nextion, TJC LCD GUI File Download

Precompiled .HEX files
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dV...H-3Kwi_u93fEhL
Nextion LCD GUI Files (include gui sourcefile (.hmi), precompiled
(.tft))Officaial Support 2.4", 2.8", but include 3.2, 3.5 for test (just
converted from 2.8")
I have added 2.4".TFT files and uploaded again. If you are using 2.4",
download
again.https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KT...ZbeMXf2mH-duN9
TJC LCD GUI Files (include gui sourcefile (.hmi), precompiled
(.tft))Officaial Support 2.4", 2.8", but include 3.2, 3.5 for test (just
converted from
2.8")https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U3...AYhbLZLx3Y07Yo
Nextion LCD GUI Template file for
Developerhttps://drive.google.com/open?id=1H-gYuvpujc1MJn85wBA5YCpMp1dzaB27
Since uBITX firmware source files will continue to change, we will push to
github when the beta period ends.

3.What is different from Link
belowhttp://www.hamskey.com/2018/06/ubitx-with-nextion-lcd-cec-firmware.html
Please refer to the above link for installation method and introduction.
Please read it first.
3.1 Support TJC LCDI bought it because it was Nextion LCD, but another box
was shipped as below.
(Left : TJC, Right : Nextion)
Since the protocols are the same, you only need to use GUI for TJC.
You will download the following files.If you have Nextion LCD, use
UBITX_Nextion_GUI_V1.zip.If you have TJC LCD, use UBITX_TJC_GUI_V1.zip.
I was pretty tough to convert to TJC. This is because the TJC development
tool is in Chinese. If you are not proficient in Chinese, I strongly
recommend Nextion LCD.
This document uses TJC LCD. The functions implemented in TJC LCD GUI and
Nextion LCD GUI are the same. I always recommend the cheapest ones. I
purchased TJC LCD 2.8 ", including shipping, for about $ 1, But as I said
above, TJC LCD is not good for development. (Because the development tool
is Chinese), It is recommended for applications that are not used for
development.
Nextion LCD is highly recommended for use in development.

3.2 Instant reaction of ATT and IF-ShiftIn previous versions, it was
reflected when ATT's Slide was moved and released, It was hard to find the
exact ATT value.Version 1.094 applies ATT immediately when you move your
finger.
IF-Shift is similar to ATT above.When you move your finger, the IF-Shift
value is applied immediately.
3.3 IF-Shift RelatedFixed a bug that changed Visible property of IFS when
moving page.The range of values has been reduced. I know that most users
who use IF Shift have a range of values from -1500 to +1500, so I've
narrowed the range of values.changed the value change to 10 units. This
will reduce touch malfunctions
3.4 Add Control Menu PageTouch the CW information panel(In the figure
below, the red circle) to display the Control Menu.
Tou the CW information panel

3.5 ADC MonitoringTo improve the CW Key or to mount an External Switch, we
measure the value, Of course, it can be measured conveniently in uBITX
Manager.
If you are using Nextion LCD and TJC LCD, you can check it directly.Touch
the 'ADC Monitoring' in Control Menu
Touch the 'Start'
When ADC monitoring starts, the status indicator changes to red.The graph
is displayed as the 4-channel ADC is being measured.
I pressed the PTT for testing, The value of A3 to which PTT is connected is
changed and displayed on the graph.
Release the PTT switch.
Touch the 'End' (Is the word 'Stop' more appropriate?)The 'Home' button
does not work in the ADC measurement state anyway. Be sure to complete the
ADC measurement and touch the Home button.

3.6 Read & Backup uBITXTouch the 'Read uBITX Config' in Control Menu
Touch the 'Read'The LCD will read the uBITX EEProm data and display it on
the screen.
Touch the 'QR' BackupThe following screen will appear.Please read the QR
code on your cell phone.When you search for QR codes in the App Store, you
have a variety of apps.(QR code function is not made by me. Nextion LCD or
TJC LCD built-in function)
If you read QR code, it will be displayed as below.I'll talk about what
happened next, in the next post.(Your uBITX configuration information has
been backed up to the server, but uBITX Manager has not yet been modified)
3.7 LCD SettingYou can set the brightness of the LCD and turn off the
backlight automatically (Screen saver)Touch the 'LCD Setting in Control Menu
Try moving the Slide Bar above.The screen brightness will change.
Turn the power of the uBITX off and on again after making a dark change.The
Current Backlight setting is reset when the power is turned on and off.
Try changing the Stored Backlight.
Turn the power of the uBITX off and on again after making a dark
change.'Stored backlight' the set value even when the power is turned off
and on again.
If you watched the video above, did you feel the noise?
There is no noise at 100% and 0% of backlight, but other noise occurs.
Maybe this can be solved through Shield.

Auto Backlight off is supported from Version 1.094
Backlight turns off when the frequency does not change for a specified
period of time.
The default is that the LCD is always on. If the backlight is off, do not
panic, move the frequency dial. It will turn itself on.
3.8 Spectrum - This is for just experimentation and testing (it's fun)UBITX
does not require modification when using CEC firmware. Just select the .Hex
file according to the LCD you are using.
but, This function requires a Sensor for Signal Metor. Signal-Meter Sensors
can be produced for less than about $ 1.Most signal-meter sensors will only
work if you lower the Capactor value.
I want to make the simplest S-Meter with the least expensive OP-AMP for
this function. I will post relevant posts soon.
Maybe it will be a fun experiment.
3.9 uBITX ResetIf you touch 'Reboot uBITX', uBITX reboots.We have to think
about when to use this function.I used it when I needed to initialize uBITX
and Nextion LCD communication at the firmware development point, but I do
not know if it is necessary in actual operation.
3.10 Factory ResetFactory reset is supported from CEC Firmware Version
1.08.In 20x04 LCD including uBITX basic LCD, when uBITX is turned on while
pressing function switch, it enters Factory Reset mode.
On Nextion LCD, you can perform Factory Reset directly by touch.

For details on Factory Reset, refer to the link below
http://www.hamskey.com/2018/05/intro...libration.html

Touch the 'Factory Reset', If you continue to touch it, it will be Factory
Reset.
It will continue to ask you to prevent accidental initialization of the
settings.
(Really? - 3 - 2 - 1 - Last)
You do not have to experiment with this.
The video below shows a Factory Reset test with a demonstration of the
changed functionality.It is the same as the linked video at the top of this
document.

Thanks for readingIan KD8CEC