Old March 1st 21, 06:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio

Default [M0IAX] Setup Icom Remote Utility (part of RS-BA1) with IC-705

M0IAX

Setup Icom Remote Utility (part of RS-BA1) with IC-705

https://m0iax.com/2021/03/01/setup-i...1-with-ic-705/

In the pervious article I went through the settings in the Icom IC-705 to
enable operation over WLAN (Wireless Lan) , in this one I will go through
the sodtware settings in the Icom Remote Utrility which is part of the Icom
RS-BA software suit.

The pre-requisite for this is to buy a copy of the RS-BA1 version 2
software, its important that you get Version 2, the IC-705 is not supported
in Version 1. You can buy this software from many suppliers, I bought my
copy from an ebay shop. Note that you dont have to buy the expensive
version that comes in the RC-28 remote control system, the hardware is not
required. All you need is the software.

When you install the RS-BA1 Version 2 software you will find 2 new icons in
your start menu/on your desktop. One for RS-BA1 and another for Icom Remote
Utility. We do not need to run RS-BA1 to set up for digital modes so we can
ignore that for now.

1, Double click the Icom Remote Utility icon to start the software.

2., Click the top left panel, Setup for a Remote PC

3. Click the Next Button

4. Enter the IP Address of your radio OR enter the network Name and click
Next.

5. Enter the username and password. We set this for the Network User 1 (or
Network User 2) in the IC-705 settings

6. Enter a name for this radio. You can enter multiple configurations and
radios so if you need to set up on separate networks or IP addresses enter
a name so that you can easily identify each one. Note that if you entered
the Network Name for your IC-705 in the previous screen then the software
should find the radio no matter what its IP address is.

7. The radio will now be listed in the Icom Remote software serer list. If
the radio is already connected to the network then the software will
automatically connect to it at this stage and create an entry in the Radio
List tab.

8. Select the Radio List tab and click on the entry in the list for your
radio to select it. Now click Settings

9. We can now set the COM port number that will be used for CAT control. It
doesnt matter what number you pick but make sure you can remeber which one
it is. you will need this to set up your digital mode software.

10. Pick your selection of com port name from the list, Ive picked COM70
and click OK to save the settings.

11. Icom Remote will show you your selected com port number. Click OK. Now
to connect to the radio (if not already connected) Select the entry in the
list for your radio and click connect.

12 If all if OK your Icom Remote software will show that you are connected
and tell you the CI-V address, COM port and Virtual Audio Devices.

You are now ready to setup your favourite digital mode software. Treat the
Icom remote software like it is your radio. So for example if your software
has a list of radios select the Icom IC-705 as the rig and the COM port you
set in the Icom Remote as the port for CAT control. Select the Icom Virtual
Audio as your sound input/output. Remember you do not need to run the
RS-BA1 software to use Icom Remote with digital mode software, just run the
Icom Remote. if you run RS-BA1 it will prevent you from using the Icom
Remote.

I will produce some guides for individual software later if anyone needs
them.

Hope this is of use, let me know if there is anything specific you need
help with. https://m0iax.com/findme

73

Mark M0IAX