Old June 13th 21, 06:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [W2LJ] Impossible? Or am I hearing what I want to hear?

W2LJ QRP - When you care to send the very least!

Impossible? Or am I hearing what I want to hear?

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

Maybe this should be part of "The Things I Never Noticed Before"
department.
Someone posted about this on Facebook the other day and I had to take a
listen. Lalo Schifrin was tasked back in the 1960's with coming up for the
opening theme song for the TV show "Mission Impossible". So the story goes
that given the premise of the show, he thought it would be good spycraft to
incorporate some Morse Code. So... if you listen to that opening
beat ......dah dah, di dit ........ dah dah, di dit ....... dah dah, di
dit.
You get "M" and "I" for "Mission Impossible". The timing is not perfect,
but the discerning ear should be able to make it out. How many times I have
heard that theme song and never noticed it before!
There you go. Tell me what you hear. Is it just me, could it possibly just
another example of "urban myth"? Am I just hearing what I want to hear or
is it there?
72 de Larry W2LJQRP - When you care to send the very least!