RadioBanter

-   -   Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of ham radio? (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/104052-code-requirement-really-keeping-good-people-out-ham-radio.html)

jawod September 23rd 06 02:58 PM

Gee...What A Coincidence, Lennie...

K4YZ wrote:
wrote:

Opus- wrote:

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:19:27 -0400, jawod spake
thusly:

Who the #### are YOU to make such a statement? You snot nosed,
arrogant #####! You do NOT know the kind of person that I am!! Wake up
and smell the cappuccino! Code is obsolete! Knowing code does NOTHING
to make somebody an "asset to the service". And, could you explain
what makes a person an "asset to the service"?

Jeez,
Chill out, eh?

Sorry, but I get upset with people who make statements that are easily
taken as personal insults.

"Stuff happens."

BTW, this "Jawod" signed a message on rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
as "AB8O." I found a blank on that call sign at QRZ.

What a coincidence...I used QRZ's database search engine and found
a blank when I entered "Leonard H. Anderson".

Funny, eh...?!?!

Steve, K4YZ

I am not "Leonard H. Anderson"

K4YZ September 23rd 06 05:28 PM

jawod wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
wrote:

BTW, this "Jawod" signed a message on rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
as "AB8O." I found a blank on that call sign at QRZ.

What a coincidence...I used QRZ's database search engine and found
a blank when I entered "Leonard H. Anderson".

Funny, eh...?!?!

I am not "Leonard H. Anderson"

I know you're not.

I was jabbing Lennie in the ribs about supposedly not finding
someone (you?) under a certain call when HE'S not in there either.
Never has been.

Sorry for the confusion.

Steve, K4YZ

[email protected] September 23rd 06 09:51 PM

Gee... Robesin wastes system resources on futile QRZ searches...

K4YZ wrote:
wrote:
Opus- wrote:
[...]

Funny? No.

Stupid? Yes.

I guess the only excercise you ever get is your exercise in futility.
Even Len will tell you that he's not a ham, but you knew that already.

jawod September 24th 06 12:55 AM

K4YZ wrote:
jawod wrote:

K4YZ wrote:

wrote:

BTW, this "Jawod" signed a message on rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
as "AB8O." I found a blank on that call sign at QRZ.

What a coincidence...I used QRZ's database search engine and found
a blank when I entered "Leonard H. Anderson".

Funny, eh...?!?!

I am not "Leonard H. Anderson"

I know you're not.

I was jabbing Lennie in the ribs about supposedly not finding
someone (you?) under a certain call when HE'S not in there either.
Never has been.

Sorry for the confusion.

Steve, K4YZ

I'm not in hiding.

No worries.

73,

John
AB8O

[email protected] September 24th 06 05:20 PM

Gee... Robesin wastes system resources on futile QRZ searches...

From: on Sat, Sep 23 2006 1:51 pm

K4YZ wrote:
wrote:
Opus- wrote:
On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:19:27 -0400, jawod spake

What a coincidence...I used QRZ's database search engine and found
a blank when I entered "Leonard H. Anderson".

Funny, eh...?!?!

Funny? No.

Stupid? Yes.

I guess the only excercise you ever get is your exercise in futility.
Even Len will tell you that he's not a ham, but you knew that already.

The USMC imposter feels compelled to vent hate against
all who disbelieve him. shrug Never mind that he has
NEVER made available ANY third-party proof of his alleged
18-year USMC career. He feels that everyone "must"
believe his words and never mind any proof.

Back in 1998-1999 on FCC 98-143 ("Reconstruction NPRM)
there DID exist a licensed radio amateur named Leonard
H. Anderson...but his mailing address was in Montana,
not California where I've been since 1956.

When I checked QRZ under AB8O, the bio page was there but
all response data had been deleted. Why I have no idea.
One will have to ask John (AB8O, "Jawod") about that.

Out of curiosity last year ( two years ago?) I did a
Search for my name. It is somewhat common, surname
certainly, given name slightly. Interesting results:

A USMC Major (a real one) with the Navy's Blue Angels
was named Leonard Anderson. :-) Think about that:
USMC, a real commissioned officer, and good enough to
fly as part of the Blue Angels! Kind of beats this
"CAP Captain" posing in a used poopy suit with snot on
his moustache. Poor CAP man is only single-engine
rated yet loved to say he was "pilot in command!" :-)

There was a black actor in an entertainment registry
named Leonard Anderson. Buff, hunky guy maybe 30.
There was a white music teacher named Leonard Anderson,
maybe coming up on 50, not a "hunk" but appreciated by
his school and community.

A quick name search at QRZ this morning turns up three
licensed US radio amateurs named Leonard Anderson, but
none of them have the same middle initial.

Now all that is really irrelevant except to members
of the morseketeers in here, namely Heil. In order not
to offend his apparent sensibilities, one MUST have a
valid amateur radio license in order to talk about
obtaining an amateur radio license! That is to avoid
"telling him what to do!" :-)

NB: NO ONE can tell Heil what to do. He tells all
others what to do. :-)

This is all so hilarious! :-)

[email protected] September 24th 06 10:38 PM

Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of ham radio?

wrote:
On 22 Sep 2006 20:46:15 -0700, "
wrote:

Opus- wrote:

If it is eliminated, will that change the "Service"? Maybe.

Probably not.

Heh heh...if the test is eliminated the expressed outrage,
anguish, and horror will be a horrendous wail never to be
silenced until the last code key is pried from cold, dead
fingers! :-)

well I am hopeing some of them will be silenced chlucting at their
hearts when they read the R&O

Careful, Mark, we can't say such things due to "threats" against
the pro-coders. :-) They are muy touchy about threats against
Them.

That sounds fair. In general I've approved what Industry Canada
does on communications regulations...a bit more than what the
FCC does for US civil radio services.

indeed if they had been willing say 10 years ago to go along with what
Canada has now (which was proposed by members of NCI) this would be
over long since

Well, Mark, it is like this: Some of those who have the cool
HOBBY of amateur radio think they are "servicemen" in the
"service of their country" for having that hobby. We can't say
nasty to them because that is not "nice." They rank
themselves as equivalent to soldiers, sailors, and airmen.

They want the ILLUSION that they are doing great and
meritorious SERVICE. Especially the morseketeers. That is
important to them. The illusion, that is. Screw the reality
part of it, that doesn't apply to them (they think).

Never mind that US amateur radio licensee numbers are holding
static with a slight downturn over the past three years. Oldsters
are signing off permanently and newcomers are going in through
the no-code-test Technician class. Most of the latter are STAYING
no-code. [General Of The Amateurs Miccolis says otherwise but
then he loves cooking the stats to suit his own taste]

As time goes on with the code test gone, the amateur bands
WILL change. But, it will be slow since humans are living longer
now. Human attrition will, nonetheless, happen. Oldsters don't
want to think about that but it is inevitable to all of us. The
oldsters want to preserve the illusion that they are still "young,"
believing in the old, antiquated ways they were impressed with.
Why some even believe they are a "service to the country" by
having that hobby.

There's no argument with those ancient morseketeers, certainly
no "discussion." To them, all must be preserved. [read
mummified] Ptui.

Dave Heil September 24th 06 11:03 PM

wrote:

Now all that is really irrelevant except to members
of the morseketeers in here, namely Heil. In order not
to offend his apparent sensibilities, one MUST have a
valid amateur radio license in order to talk about
obtaining an amateur radio license! That is to avoid
"telling him what to do!" :-)

You don't have an amateur radio license. I have taken no action in
attempting to prevent you from posting here. I have taken no action to
preclude your comments to the FCC. Therefore, your statement is false.
I am not bound to accept your often outrageous statements without
responding. Ridiculing you or laughing at you is not forbidden. Deal
with it.

NB: NO ONE can tell Heil what to do.

You certainly may not tell me what to do. You have no power over me at
all. Deal with it.

He tells all
others what to do. :-)

That, like the balance of your statement above, is an untruth.

This is all so hilarious! :-)

It certainly is, especially when you think that others are laughing
*with* you.

Slow Code September 26th 06 12:59 AM

Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of ham radio?

Opus- wrote in
:

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:19:27 -0400, jawod spake
thusly:

Who the **** are YOU to make such a statement? You snot nosed,
arrogant PRICK! You do NOT know the kind of person that I am!! Wake up
and smell the cappuccino! Code is obsolete! Knowing code does NOTHING
to make somebody an "asset to the service". And, could you explain
what makes a person an "asset to the service"?

Jeez,
Chill out, eh?

Sorry, but I get upset with people who make statements that are easily
taken as personal insults.

SNIP

It's hilarious watching how violent CB'er hams get. ROFL.

How's your Code practice coming along?

SC

Opus- September 26th 06 02:21 AM

Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of ham radio?

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 23:59:03 GMT, Slow Code spake
thusly:

Opus- wrote in
:

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:19:27 -0400, jawod spake
thusly:

Who the **** are YOU to make such a statement? You snot nosed,
arrogant PRICK! You do NOT know the kind of person that I am!! Wake up
and smell the cappuccino! Code is obsolete! Knowing code does NOTHING
to make somebody an "asset to the service". And, could you explain
what makes a person an "asset to the service"?

Jeez,
Chill out, eh?

Sorry, but I get upset with people who make statements that are easily
taken as personal insults.

SNIP

It's hilarious watching how violent CB'er hams get. ROFL.

****, but you're stupid. Where is the violence? But that is typical of
bigots. Always deflecting, never answering..usually because they lack
the ability.

How's your Code practice coming along?

I'm not, nor will I ever. If code means associating with bigots like
you, then I want no part of it. Much rather talk to civilized people.

K4YZ September 26th 06 10:14 AM

KB9RQZ Says Learning Code is EASY!

wrote:

More Morkie Mularkie

Why does Morkie insist that I am lying about HIS insistance that
Learning Code is EASY...?!?!?

I'm not.

Here's YOUR words AGAIN, Morkie:

KB9RQZ Said: "oh learning code is easy"

There you have it, folks! Morkie says learning code is easy!

Quoted Word For Word!

Steve, K4YZ