Old January 4th 07, 12:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default No More Element 1

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
From:
on Tues, Dec 19 2006 6:30 pm
From:
on Sun, Dec 17 2006 3:22 pm
an_old_friend wrote:
Jim Hampton wrote:
Perhaps now we can discuss N2EY's proposal for a No-Test service.
There was never any such proposal. You are mistaken, in error, and just
plain wrong.
sure there is you have often said
Jim/N2EY was the very first to roll that one out, at least that I am
aware of.
I am not in favor of a "No-Test" amateur radio service. Nor have I ever
advocated such.
Anyone who says I have is mistaken - in error - just plain wrong.
So when you trotted that one out way back when, it really was a
strawman as I described it then. Yet you said it wasn't.
Brian, we have to quit trying to make
admit to doing
wrong.

What "doing wrong" do you mean, Len?

Brian Burke says I came up with a proposal for a "No-Test" amateur
radio service. Yet nobody seems to be able to show us that alleged
proposal.

Brian and Len and Mark aren't the only ones who recall that you came up
with the idea.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...e=source&hl=en
Yet *none* of you have actually shown the posting where I allegedly did
this.

Anyone can go into google and delete one of their own postings.

Perhaps - if the person has a google account. But I have not done that.

Of course not.

Then why are you trying to suggest that he has? Why did you come right
out and state that I'd done so?

I'm being manipulated by some unknown, evil force.

Ahh. I see.

You couldn't. Its invisible.

All my old rrap postings are intact in the archives.
Of course.

Then why are you trying to suggest that he has? Why did you come right
out and state that I'd done so?

I'm being manipulated by some unknown, evil force.

I think he's pretty well known by now.

Who? Who?

And a person cannot delete the postings of another.

Didn't say they could.

So if A post
something, and A is quoted by B, the quote will still show up in B's
posting even if A deletes his post.

And if B deletes his post? Would that be a conspiracy?

This is getting interesting. If "A" states something that you believe
could be mined as a juicy nugget and "B", a person at odds with the
statement of "A", replies, you think "A" could convince "B" to cancel
his post? That sounds preposterous. There aren't many conspiracies in
which two parties with completely opposite views agree to conspire, are
there?

Are those the conditions of the conspiracy? Perhaps David Heil
responded to the initial no-test proposal...

...and you don't believe that any NCTA would respond to such a
statement? If any NCTA responded, he'd conspire to delete his own post
so that no such record would remain? How very, very odd.

Would you mind supplying the name or alias of said NCTA so I can do a
proper search?

That's
why I can't find the posting of Dave Heil/K8MN saying that Veteran's
always have their hands out.

How can you be sure?

Perhaps you did not correctly remember what was actually written.

Your memory of postings here has been proved to be selective and
inaccurate.

Ditto your remembrance of what valuable contributions the Amateur
Service made during WWII when the Amateur Service was shut down and you
weren't born yet.

I don't recall that Jim claimed such as his memories. He stated
historical fact.

Wow! Another delusional amateur.

I don't think you're delusional. I just think you're mistaken.

No, the amateur service really, really, really was shut down during
WWII. That's the historical fact that you're delusional over.

For example, recently you made some significant mistakes
in your account of FDR's treatment of veterans during the Great
Depression.

I wasn't alive then, how could I remember it?

Who said that you'd remember it? Did you ever take a history class?
Did you ever do any independent research on a subject?

Yes, of course. That doesn't mean that I lived it.

No, it seldom does. If you lived it, you might have gotten a really
good grade. In taking such a course, you might have retained some of
the facts, like who was President of the United States at the time of
the Bonus Marchers. Do you remember learning the name of the officer
charged with breaking things up?

Mac.

Shall I repost those mistakes of yours and the corrections?

Why not just repost your statements of a no-test amateur radio service.
You're beginning to act in a very peculiar manner, Brian.

Who is Brian?

See what I mean? That's very peculiar.

I'm anonymous. You said so yourself.

That's because you are mistaken.

Four people are mistaken.

That is correct. The truth is the truth, regardless of how many deny
it.

Yep. Four people are mistaken.

It would appear so. You've failed to come up with an archived post
which states what you claim. You've not been able to come up with any
replies to such a post, quoting Jim's words. Is there a conspiracy
between Jim and those who would be at odds with such a post to erase all
evidence that the post was ever made?

Is there?

I asked you.

Then you don't know much about conspiracies.

People sometimes "remember" things that did not happen.

Four people "remember" things which did not happen.

Yep. You're one of them. Deal with it.

That is correct. Four people remember things which did not happen.
Yep.

Where is the evidence that the "things" took place?

As you can see, there is none. Except that four people remember it.

Maybe your memories were changed during your visit to the mother ship.

You were protected by the foil hat. And we all laughed at you for
wearing that foil hat.

Bogart never says "Play it again, Sam" in "Casablanca", yet that
misquote became so popular that it became the title of another film.
If you could *show* where I supposedly came up with - originated - a
proposal for a no-test amateur service, you might be able to prove *me*
to be mistaken.

But so far you've not been able to do that, even though all my posts
are in Google, waiting for you.

Sure they are.

Yes, they are.

Sure.

You're one obstinate character, Brian.

Who is Brian?

Some character with an old chip on his shoulder.

Phew! I thought you meant me.

That's because you are mistaken. Or maybe even trying to deceive.

Four people are mistaken.

At least that many.

If more than four are mistaken, how many do you predict?

This is your charade, Brian. Why don't you do the predictions?

I've maintained that only four people are mistaken, you say more. How
many more?

You're mistaken about that too. I didn't say there were more, you did.

Dave K8MN

There you go again, making false accusations.

You said "At least that many" leaving room for more than four. So...
how many more?

Old January 4th 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
It seems that your "proof" isn't proof at all of what you claim. Aren't
your skills in creating a Google search up to the task at hand?
I can't google up something which has been deleted, such as your claim
that Veteran's always have their hands out.
I have never deleted the Google archive of any post I've made. Perhaps
you should examine the possibility that your memory is faulty. Do you
find a Google archive where you've made a claim that I said something
like that? Maybe that's what you remember.

Your thoughts seem to be straying all over the place, Brian.
Who the heck is Brian?

You said that I was anonymous, didn't you?

You post anonymously. You use neither your name nor your callsign in
your posts.

Kindly show me where in Part 97 that I must do so.

Now you're trying to change the game. I never said that we'd find
anything about it in Part 97. After all, usenet isn't amateur radio.
I said that you post anonymously and that neither your name nor your
call appear in your posts.

Didn't you?

Do I have to Google that?

I wouldn't be very optimistic about the outcome.

Dave, you've confused yourself. I'm either anonymous or I'm not. Make
up your mind.

I'm not confused, Brian. I think your track record with Google searches
leaves a lot to be desired.

Dave K8MN

Old January 5th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
[...]

You mean I'm not breaking FCC regulations?

What about usenet regulations?

I said that you post anonymously and that neither your name nor your
call appear in your posts.

Yet you know my name.

Yet you know my call.

And yet you still claim I'm anonymous.

Didn't you?

Do I have to Google that?

I wouldn't be very optimistic about the outcome.

Dave, you've confused yourself. I'm either anonymous or I'm not. Make
up your mind.

I'm not confused, Brian. I think your track record with Google searches
leaves a lot to be desired.

Dave K8MN

I think you should google up "definition: anonymous."

You seem to be having problems with it.

Old February 2nd 07, 04:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 1, 1:23 pm, wrote:
On 4 Jan 2007 03:41:05 wrote:

I wish they'd all leave. :-)

I just wish they'd behave.

"Behave" might be asking just too much. :-)

We'll all find out the effective date of FCC 07-178 after Tuesday.
The "fat lady" is coming to the microphone, music ready, the
orchestra warming up and soon she'll sing. It's almost a
Wagnerian Opera setting! :-)

Except there will be hecklers shouting STFU at the fat lady (borrowed
from a babs streisand concert) .

Heck yes, that's a given...with or without Streisand. :-)

What can you expect from the suddenly-deprived-of-federal-welfare-
emotional-food-stamps? They be HUNGRY and can no longer
crow about their being the top of the food chain in the ARS.

Would be nice if they could go and eat that crow instead.

[don't expect that, either...]

I'm sure that many of them are fair-minded about it. A few won't be.

it is the proportions of those 2 camps that concern me

Yep. One is a Brigade, the other a Division.

Guess which is which?

oh well nothing to do except wait and see

Hopefully there'll be nothing to see.

Who are the FISTS members on RRAP? William Policy 378 December 7th 04 12:25 PM
Simple practical designing with antenna modeling programs Richard Antenna 4 June 11th 04 02:19 AM
Scaling yagi antennas Richard Antenna 3 June 6th 04 12:38 PM
There is no International Code Requirement and techs can operate HF according to FCC Rules JJ General 159 August 12th 03 12:25 AM
Tech+ to General upgrade question N2EY Policy 5 July 6th 03 04:43 AM