Old January 12th 07, 12:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Well, Morse Code *is* Digital...

Western Digital 500 GB external USB hard drive - note the ventilation
holes:

http://regmedia.co.uk/2006/06/06/wes...tal_mybook.jpg

73 es KC de N2EY

Old January 12th 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Hmmm... subliminal advertising... wonder what it spells out... "buy our
products, they are great"

Old January 12th 07, 03:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

KH6HZ wrote:
Hmmm... subliminal advertising... wonder what it spells out... "buy our
products, they are great"

It says something different depending upon which
way is up. :-) I think I see "person" in there.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old January 12th 07, 06:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Well, Morse Code *is* Digital... hey mod will this sort of troling be premited

wrote:
Western Digital 500 GB external USB hard drive - note the ventilation
holes:

http://regmedia.co.uk/2006/06/06/wes...tal_mybook.jpg

73 es KC de N2EY

th seemingly on topic but clearly when you get into it off topic and
misleading article

it might well be premited since in this case it is funny, in which I
must ask if pointing out that it is misleading and (depending on the
example) anoying or offensive to someone that mods did not consider be
permited

as I have said I not altogther opposed to the proposal but the decision
is IN the details and we are not getting the details

Old January 12th 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

an_old_friendless_homo wrote:
snip

BYE-BYE MORK!

Old January 13th 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

KH6HZ wrote:
Hmmm... subliminal advertising... wonder what it spells out... "buy our
products, they are great"

Somebody who has one and who knows Morse Code tells me it says:

"PERSONAL RELIABLE INNOVATIVE SIMPLE INNOVATIVE PERSONAL DESIGN
RELIABLE INNOVATIVE DESIGN PERSONAL DESIGN SIMPLE INNOVATIVE SIMPLE
RELIABLE DESIG"

There was no room for the final "N" in "DESIGN".

Hmmmm....

"PERSONAL RELIABLE INNOVATIVE SIMPLE DESIGN" - applies to both the
product and Morse Code!

73 es KC de Jim, N2EY

Old January 13th 07, 01:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Morse Code also has artistic and architectural uses.

The Canadian War Museum in Ottawa has Morse Code on and in the
building:

http://noignorance.com/images/OTTAWA...war-museum.jpg

http://www.legionmagazine.com/img/05...-05museum2.jpg

In a series of small windows, the building spells out in Morse code:

"Lest We Forget / N'oublions jamais".

http://www.gaywired.com/images/conte...s2005/1214.jpg

Morse code is also reflected through the walls from the Open Storage
Facility leading to the foyer, spelling out the museum initials in
English and French. On sunny days, "CWM" and "MCG" will be projected
in Morse code into the building, visible to all.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/feature...arm/warm12.jpg

73 es KC de Jim, N2EY