Old July 5th 03, 12:20 AM
Dan/W4NTI

Default 40 meters fixed, sort of

Will all the hubub about dropping CW. The change in six years on 40 meters
will be very important to ham radio.

We in region 2 (North/South America) stay the same. BUT Region 1 and 3
moves the broadcast crap above 7200. AND Europe gets another 100 kc. From
7.0 to 7.2.

About time.

Dan/W4NTI

Old July 5th 03, 03:23 AM
N2EY

In article , "Dan/W4NTI"
writes:

The change in six years on 40 meters
will be very important to ham radio.

We in region 2 (North/South America) stay the same. BUT Region 1 and 3
moves the broadcast crap above 7200. AND Europe gets another 100 kc. From

7.0 to 7.2.

FANTASTIC! This effectively doubles the amount of 7 MHz spectrum available to
amateurs on a worldwide basis!

40 is one of the best all-around bands. It's good for domestic and DX work. You
can get out with limited power, and the antennas aren't too big. Almost always
usable around the clock and around the sunspot cycle.

The only thing wrong with 40 is there isn't enough of it.

About time

Dang straight. The nonsense of sharing with megawatt SWBC has gone on since
before WW2.

Now to get the resto of the band for regions 1 and 3.

73 de Jim, N2EY
Old July 6th 03, 04:44 AM
Jim Hampton

I wonder if they eliminate CW (all but certain, but not to as when), will
they expand the phone bands downward a bit?

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

---

Old July 6th 03, 12:17 PM

"Jim Hampton" writes:

I wonder if they eliminate CW (all but certain, but not to as when),
will they expand the phone bands downward a bit?

I hope not. If they do, I hope the band plans still reserve the CW
spectrum, and hams obey them.

Regards,
Len.

Old July 6th 03, 09:46 PM
Scott Unit 69

From everyhting I've read on the subject, it's clear to me that as soon as the
revised treaty is ratified, FCC could just drop Element 1. No NPRM, no NOI, no
comments, nothing, zip, nil, nada. FCC could honestly and accurately say that
the whole issue had been debated and dealt with back in 1998-99 restructuring
and again in the Wormsey-Adsit-Dinelli Petition for Reconsideration.

Suits me just fine. Today, I passed element 3 by two questions, and missed
element 4 by two questions. Not one minute of study time, yet. Tomorrow
calls for a trip to the library to 621.38 for that extra test book they had...

Saving my pennies for that IC706MKIIG.

-Scott, a dual part operator, 95 & 97. (With the right radio for the band.)
Old July 5th 03, 10:51 AM
Brian Kelly

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message ...
Will all the hubub about dropping CW. The change in six years on 40 meters
will be very important to ham radio.

We in region 2 (North/South America) stay the same. BUT Region 1 and 3
moves the broadcast crap above 7200.

Moving the BC signals out of the 7.000-7.100 Region 2 CW and digital
haunts and into motormouth country above 7.200 oughta draw a
discussion or two about who really gains what with this move.

AND Europe gets another 100 kc. From
7.0 to 7.2.

About time.

Amen.