RadioBanter

-   -   If I had a Wouff Hong. (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/26810-re-if-i-had-wouff-hong.html)

Web August 26th 03 06:38 PM

If I had a Wouff Hong.

Sell the Wouff Hong.....become a member with the money and vote them out or
run for their offices

Web

"Disgusted" wrote in message

I'd take it to the next ARRL Board of Directors meeting and beat the ****
out of them!

Robert Casey August 27th 03 05:39 AM

Disgusted wrote:

I'd take it to the next ARRL Board of Directors meeting and beat the ****
out of them!

IIRC the only Wouff Hong in existence is in the ARRL's museum. I doubt
that they'd
let you borrow it......

Hiram's Wingnut August 27th 03 07:41 AM

"Disgusted" wrote in message

I'd take it to the next ARRL Board of Directors meeting and beat the ****
out of them!

It's MUCH more effective if you DO NOT subscribe
to QST, support their advertisers, and discourage any
potential membersfrom joining. Deprive them of their
dues paying members and watch em' scream. Make sure
you tell the ham stores that you will not patronize them
if they appear in QST or support ARRL, and tell them
why. The days of the Wouff Hong are LONG GONE.
Denying them their primary sources of revenue is FAR
MORE EFFECTIVE!

charlesb August 27th 03 11:31 AM

****
out of them!

It's MUCH more effective if you DO NOT subscribe
to QST, support their advertisers, and discourage any
potential membersfrom joining. Deprive them of their
dues paying members and watch em' scream. Make sure
you tell the ham stores that you will not patronize them
if they appear in QST or support ARRL, and tell them
why. The days of the Wouff Hong are LONG GONE.
Denying them their primary sources of revenue is FAR
MORE EFFECTIVE!

And while you are at it, don't forget to return your liscense to the FCC!
THAT will teach 'em!

;-)

Charles, N5PVL

Mark Keith August 27th 03 06:07 PM

Robert Casey wrote in message ...
Disgusted wrote:

I'd take it to the next ARRL Board of Directors meeting and beat the ****
out of them!

IIRC the only Wouff Hong in existence is in the ARRL's museum. I doubt
that they'd
let you borrow it......

One could easily be fabricated from a piece of old wood. "Old plow
handles" etc.. I would not sand the device. It's much more effective
when the splinters are functional. I've heard tell fleet brand enemas
are based on the original Wouff Hong design. Not as glamorous as
machine gun design, but useful none the less. MK

Real Ham August 28th 03 04:26 PM

In article , Disgusted wrote:

I'd take it to the next ARRL Board of Directors meeting and beat the ****
out of them!

I have a baseball bat, can I join you? HA

I bailed out of the ARRL 14 years ago when it started to become clear that the
Leagues agenda was tending more toward a policy of supporting lower licensing
stardards (CB'er Ham). A pool of trained, capable radio operators means
something to me and I could no longer stand to be a part of an organization
that was moving to disregard that section of Part 97.

It was a life membership too.

Robert Casey August 28th 03 11:20 PM

I bailed out of the ARRL 14 years ago when it started to become clear that the
Leagues agenda was tending more toward a policy of supporting lower licensing
stardards (CB'er Ham). A pool of trained, capable radio operators means
something to me and I could no longer stand to be a part of an organization
that was moving to disregard that section of Part 97.

It was a life membership too.

I thought the only way to cancel a life membership was to electrocute
yourself
on the power supply of your linear amplifier....... ;-)

Ross Archer August 29th 03 03:17 AM

Disgusted wrote:

I'd take it to the next ARRL Board of Directors meeting and beat the ****
out of them!

IIRC the only Wouff Hong in existence is in the ARRL's museum. I doubt
that they'd
let you borrow it......

One could easily be fabricated from a piece of old wood. "Old plow
handles" etc.. I would not sand the device. It's much more effective
when the splinters are functional. I've heard tell fleet brand enemas
are based on the original Wouff Hong design. Not as glamorous as
machine gun design, but useful none the less. MK

A pointy 2x4 soaked for a week in a bucket of Dave's Insanity Sauce
might get some attention . .

Depends on whether there are splinters on it to break the
skin and inject the Sauce of Death.
Yowww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend makes a Habanero chili to die for. No, really die
for. Or at least wish you had. :)

Robert Casey August 29th 03 04:51 AM

N8KDV wrote:

Disgusted wrote:

I'd take it to the next ARRL Board of Directors meeting and beat the ****
out of them!

Would someone please make up a set of lyrics please? I imagine something
along the lines of 'If I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning....'

"I'd wouff hong in the morning, wouff hong in the evening,......"

Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL August 29th 03 01:32 PM

(Real Ham) wrote in :

I bailed out of the ARRL 14 years ago when it started to become clear
that the Leagues agenda was tending more toward a policy of supporting
lower licensing stardards (CB'er Ham). A pool of trained, capable
radio operators means something to me and I could no longer stand to
be a part of an organization that was moving to disregard that section
of Part 97.

It was a life membership too.

You beat me by 10 years. I bailed out about four years ago. Mine wasn't a
life membership, but you didn't loose much considering what the ARRL has
become. Still, I miss the technical articles in QST. Now days the
technical articles are probably geared to the new style ham like, how to
hook an antenna to a rig, or which side of a microphone you should talk
into. I was hoping the ghost of Hiram Percy Maxim was still hanging around
ol Newington guiding the League in some small secret way. But the ghost is
dead.