RadioBanter

-   -   ARRL you can Kiss my $39.00 a Year Good Bye (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/26840-re-arrl-you-can-kiss-my-%2439-00-year-good-bye.html)

Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL September 3rd 03 03:15 AM

ARRL you can Kiss my $39.00 a Year Good Bye

(WA8ULX) wrote in
:

ARRL you can Kiss my $39.00 a Year Good Bye. After reading Fists
proposal I have decided to send your $39.00 to them instead of you
fools. It appears Fist is the only real Group out there that really
cares.

The ARRL plan is to purge all the good hams from the organization. You're
just another one. With fewer good hams in the membership there will be
less opposition to the agenda of supporting and pushing policy to further
dumb down the Amateur Radio service. Hiram Maxim is turning over in his
grave.

Why is there never a wouff Hong around when you really need one?
KB7ADL

Vshah101 September 3rd 03 04:03 AM

From: "Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL"

With fewer good hams in the membership there will be
less opposition to the agenda of supporting and pushing policy to further
dumb down the Amateur Radio service.

How about those Hams that have a narrow focus on Morse code, HF, contesting,
and antennas at the exclusion of other activities.* Furthermore, these same
Hams have little interest in the technical aspect of amateur radio. Now, THATs
dumbing down the amateur radio service.

*For example, the person that leaves ARRL (which supports a wide range of
activities) and joins FISTs (which has a narrow focus of activities).

WA8ULX September 3rd 03 04:25 AM

*For example, the person that leaves ARRL (which supports a wide range of
activities) and joins FISTs (which has a narrow focus of activities).

My interest are varied, but ARRL is doing a lousy job of trying to stop this
Dumbing Down. My only reason for joining Fists is they have the guts to tell it
like its.

Steve Robeson, K4CAP September 4th 03 12:44 AM

"hiram's cat" wrote in message .. .

All the ARRL ever was, is, and ever will be is a
publishing company with a 501(c)3 tax exemption
that wraps itself in fake ivy leaves of academia.
Another typical "non-profit" that milks donations
from suckers with trinkets and who's Corporate
Board and Executive Staff members skim 50%
right-off-the-top for "administrative expenses".
I dropped them, my SCM, and my membership way back
in 1984 and I've never regreted my decision.

Yet another anonymous scumbag with libelous accusations and no
proof to offer.

Considering the IMPROVEMENTS that have occured in the ARRL since
1984, I'd say your departure was beneficial. Lord knows no one here
has missed you.

Back under your rock, worthless troll.

Steve, K4YZ

You're an idiot September 4th 03 05:21 PM

OK Dip****, List the improvements.

Steve Robeson, K4CAP September 4th 03 11:10 PM

(You're an idiot) wrote in message hlink.net...

OK Dip****, List the improvements.

After you post a name and can the profanity.

Steve, K4YZ

Brian September 4th 03 11:24 PM

(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message om...
"hiram's cat" wrote in message .. .

All the ARRL ever was, is, and ever will be is a
publishing company with a 501(c)3 tax exemption
that wraps itself in fake ivy leaves of academia.
Another typical "non-profit" that milks donations
from suckers with trinkets and who's Corporate
Board and Executive Staff members skim 50%
right-off-the-top for "administrative expenses".
I dropped them, my SCM, and my membership way back
in 1984 and I've never regreted my decision.

Yet another anonymous scumbag with libelous accusations and no
proof to offer.

Considering the IMPROVEMENTS that have occured in the ARRL since
1984, I'd say your departure was beneficial. Lord knows no one here
has missed you.

Back under your rock, worthless troll.

Steve, K4YZ

Wow, Steve.

An anonymous poster posts something you agree with and you act like
best friends. Another anonymous poster posts something you don't
agree with and you go psycho.

Why is that?

Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL September 5th 03 02:51 AM

(You're an idiot) wrote in news:xEJ5b.22694$EW1.6205
@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net:

In article ,
(Steve The dip****) wrote:

Considering the IMPROVEMENTS that have occured in the ARRL since
1984, I'd say your departure was beneficial. Lord knows no one here
has missed you.

Back under your rock, worthless troll.

Steve, K4YZ

OK Dip****, List the improvements.

I'm sure he won't be able to come up with anything unless he was thinking
of counting raising dues, and pushing for lower standards as
improvements.

KB7ADL

Steve Robeson, K4CAP September 5th 03 11:23 AM

"hiram's cat" wrote in message .. .

[...]

What's "psycho" about it, Brain, or are you simply working off of
the same correspondence school degree that Lennie does?

Why is that?

Perhaps because the other poster didn't make a lot of assinine
assertions that are not substantiated by facts, Brain.

You may refer to "fact" in Websters to find out what they are,
Brain...You DO seem to have a problem with the concept.

Steve, K4YZ

Steve Robeson, K4CAP September 5th 03 11:30 AM

"Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL" wrote in message news:v_R5b.268780$Oz4.71087@rwcrnsc54...

I'm sure he won't be able to come up with anything unless he was thinking
of counting raising dues, and pushing for lower standards as
improvements.

I'll watch while you TRY to show us where the ARRL has been
"pushing for lower standards as improvements", Vince.

Or shall I heap that expectation on the same pile of unanswered
questions along with all of Lennie's...?!?!

There's the Special Services Clubs, numerous scholarships for
youth and educational programs.

The recent Emergency Services programs that are not only being
funded but RE-approved for even further funding in the Homeland
Defense role bear even further evidence of the support that ARRL has
provided Amateur Radio.

So...Thee's three right off the top of my head. I don't see any
other Amateur "organization" that is promoting these programs as
aggressively as the ARRL.

Steve, K4YZ

Brian September 7th 03 03:06 AM

(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message om...
"Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL" wrote in message news:v_R5b.268780$Oz4.71087@rwcrnsc54...

I'm sure he won't be able to come up with anything unless he was thinking
of counting raising dues, and pushing for lower standards as
improvements.

I'll watch while you TRY to show us where the ARRL has been
"pushing for lower standards as improvements", Vince.

Jim has repeatedly pointed out where the ARRL proposed fewer license
classes and a lower code speed for full priveleges during the last
restructuring, which he always equates with lower standards.

Steve Robeson, K4CAP September 12th 03 09:14 PM

(Brian) wrote in message . com...

Jim has repeatedly pointed out where the ARRL proposed fewer license
classes and a lower code speed for full priveleges during the last
restructuring, which he always equates with lower standards.

That's Jim;s OPINION, Brain. Other than that, you have not
satisfied the question of how the ARRL has allegedly pushed for "lower
standards".

Steve, K4YZ

Brian September 13th 03 02:25 PM

(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message . com...
(Brian) wrote in message . com...

Jim has repeatedly pointed out where the ARRL proposed fewer license
classes and a lower code speed for full priveleges during the last
restructuring, which he always equates with lower standards.

That's Jim;s OPINION, Brain. Other than that, you have not
satisfied the question of how the ARRL has allegedly pushed for "lower
standards".

Steve, K4YZ

I don't necessarily understand how Jim arrived at his OPINION, but
you're welcome to ask him, if you've the guts to do so.

I'm always amazed at how you PCTA give each other passes on every
damned thing.

Go ahead, ask him.

Clint September 13th 03 02:47 PM

I heard from the latest audio news that more nations
around the world are dropping thier morse code
testing requirements.

makes you wonder if the VEC's who petitioned
to return a higher code speed test for extra class
hams are just doing so to fight the tide.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Former New York Mayor Ed Koch,
self proclaimed DEMOCRAT,
SHORTLY after the 9/11 attack-

"...everybody has a right to have thier own
oppinion... ...i'm even a Democrat... ...but
in this time of trouble, we need to show the
world our resolve and we're united, and we
should NOT denigrate the president."

--

Tom Daschle believes in the rich paying taxes....
....um, except for HIMSELF...

http://sibbyonline.blogspot.com/2003...e_archive.html

--

If you sympathize with terrorists & middle eastern tyrants,
vote for liberals...

--

"Steve Robeson, K4CAP" wrote in message
om...

. com...

Brian September 13th 03 08:47 PM

"hiram's cat" wrote in message .. .

[...]

One is wholesome and righteous, the other is scum that should slither
back under a rock. That's psycho.

Why is that?

Perhaps because the other poster didn't make a lot of assinine
assertions that are not substantiated by facts, Brain.

The ARS has improved since 1984. That's plain for everyone to see.

You may refer to "fact" in Websters to find out what they are,
Brain...You DO seem to have a problem with the concept.

Not at all. As Ronald Reagan said, "Facts are stupid things."

Bill Sohl September 14th 03 11:47 PM

"Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL" wrote in message
et...
"Clint" rattlehead@computronDOTnet wrote in
:

I heard from the latest audio news that more nations
around the world are dropping thier morse code
testing requirements.

makes you wonder if the VEC's who petitioned
to return a higher code speed test for extra class
hams are just doing so to fight the tide.
Clint
KB5ZHT

The ARRL has a destructive agenda. If they cared about amateur radio as
much as for the amount of money their bank account, they would have said
something at the last world conference. It's all lip service and lies to
try and get hams like me to hold our piece and hope we don't feel like
we're being lied to again.

Lied to about what?
As to the last "world conference" (presumably meaning WRC2003),
you should know the ARRL had NO voice in the conference as
they could only be there as an observer. The conference was
a representation of individual country's regulatory
administrations.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

Bill Sohl September 14th 03 11:48 PM

"Dick Carroll" wrote in message

"Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL" wrote:

"Clint" rattlehead@computronDOTnet wrote in
:

I heard from the latest audio news that more nations
around the world are dropping thier morse code
testing requirements.

makes you wonder if the VEC's who petitioned
to return a higher code speed test for extra class
hams are just doing so to fight the tide.

Clint
KB5ZHT

The ARRL has a destructive agenda. If they cared about amateur radio as
much as for the amount of money their bank account, they would have said
something at the last world conference. It's all lip service and lies

try and get hams like me to hold our piece and hope we don't feel like
we're being lied to again.

No, Vince, I believe you're way off base here. ARRL has a real problem-It
wants to do what is best for ham radio, and divining what that is is not a
simple chore, by any means. Then you have the other facets of the problem,
which include but certainly are not limited to, the vast array of opinions
among hams, members and otherwise, then there's the FCC and their own
budget constraints, etc, etc etc.

But NO, you'll never get me to believe that ARRL as an organization has
anything but the best interests of ham radio at heart. I do believe that

at
times they get a little off course, but they seem to manage to make the
necessary corrections.

Dick

I'm in shock, as I fully agree with Dick on that.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

Dee D. Flint September 15th 03 12:16 AM

"Clint" rattlehead@computronDOTnet wrote in message
well, I was speaking mostly about the nations that seem to
fight us tooth-and-nail on most issues we bring before them,
particularly the UN... my point was that I wouldn't expect
a sympathetic ear on thier end if they all have come to
an agreement amongst themselves and WE are the
outstanding oppinion. That is to say, if the reports i've heard
and that are echoed in here that many nations are dropping
thier code requirements, and more are planning on doing the
same, and of ALL countries to fight it the USA tries,
I wouldn't hold my breath.

Each country is free to do as their respective governing bodies wish to do.
There is no "fighting" involved.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Steve Robeson, K4CAP September 17th 03 10:47 PM

(Brian) wrote in message . com...
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message

Perhaps because the other poster didn't make a lot of assinine
assertions that are not substantiated by facts, Brain.

The ARS has improved since 1984. That's plain for everyone to see.

Then where does all this "Ham Radio Is Going To Hell" traffic
come from, Brain? Mostly from trolls, you and Lennie.

You may refer to "fact" in Websters to find out what they are,
Brain...You DO seem to have a problem with the concept.

Not at all. As Ronald Reagan said, "Facts are stupid things."

I'd expect notning less from you, Brain...You're nothing if not
consistent.

Thanks.

Steve, K4YZ

Brian September 19th 03 07:30 PM

(Brian) wrote in message . com...
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message

Perhaps because the other poster didn't make a lot of assinine
assertions that are not substantiated by facts, Brain.

The ARS has improved since 1984. That's plain for everyone to see.

Then where does all this "Ham Radio Is Going To Hell" traffic
come from, Brain? Mostly from trolls, you and Lennie.

You may refer to "fact" in Websters to find out what they are,
Brain...You DO seem to have a problem with the concept.

Not at all. As Ronald Reagan said, "Facts are stupid things."

I'd expect notning less from you, Brain...You're nothing if not
consistent.

Thanks.

Steve, K4YZ

Steve, not my fault that Ron said it, and I liked Ron. But his quote
applied in your declaration that amateur radio has not improved since
1984.

That is not fact.

Steve Robeson K4CAP October 12th 03 05:31 PM

Subject: ARRL you can Kiss my $39.00 a Year Good Bye
From: (Brian)
Date: 9/13/03 8:25 AM Central Daylight Time
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message
.com...
(Brian) wrote in message
.com...

Jim has repeatedly pointed out where the ARRL proposed fewer license
classes and a lower code speed for full priveleges during the last
restructuring, which he always equates with lower standards.

That's Jim;s OPINION, Brain. Other than that, you have not
satisfied the question of how the ARRL has allegedly pushed for "lower
standards".

Steve, K4YZ

I don't necessarily understand how Jim arrived at his OPINION, but
you're welcome to ask him, if you've the guts to do so.

Plenty of "guts" here, Brain, and I have re-read many of Jim's posts
looking for something that equates to "no code = lower standards".

Haven't found it yet.

I'm always amazed at how you PCTA give each other passes on every
damned thing.

What "pass", Brain...?!?! Mean like how YOU let LENNIE "pass" with use of
snide remarks, blatant lies, profanity and obvious misdirection of his posts,
but then accuse others of the same thing without comment...?!?!

Go ahead, ask him.

Why do I need to ask him anything when his comments are archived for all
to read...?!?!

Now...about those T5 logs and your "authorization" to oeprate in Somalia?

Steve, K4YZ

Brian October 14th 03 02:28 PM

From:
(Brian)
Date: 9/13/03 8:25 AM Central Daylight Time
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message
.com...
(Brian) wrote in message

. com...

Jim has repeatedly pointed out where the ARRL proposed fewer license
classes and a lower code speed for full priveleges during the last
restructuring, which he always equates with lower standards.

That's Jim;s OPINION, Brain. Other than that, you have not
satisfied the question of how the ARRL has allegedly pushed for "lower
standards".

Steve, K4YZ

I don't necessarily understand how Jim arrived at his OPINION, but
you're welcome to ask him, if you've the guts to do so.

Plenty of "guts" here, Brain, and I have re-read many of Jim's posts
looking for something that equates to "no code = lower standards".

Haven't found it yet.

Selective reading.

I'm always amazed at how you PCTA give each other passes on every
damned thing.

What "pass", Brain...?!?!

Like, "I have re-read many of Jim's posts looking for something that
equates to "no code = lower standards"."

That pass.

Haven't found it yet.

Mean like how YOU let LENNIE "pass" with use of
snide remarks, blatant lies, profanity and obvious misdirection of his posts,
but then accuse others of the same thing without comment...?!?!

You don't seem to like that much, do you?

Go ahead, ask him.

Why do I need to ask him anything when his comments are archived for all
to read...?!?!

Since you appear unable to find it on your own, you might want to
check with Jim.

Now...about those T5 logs and your "authorization" to oeprate in Somalia?

Correct. I was authorized.

Steve Robeson, K4CAP October 17th 03 06:46 AM

(Brian) wrote in message . com...
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message ...

Mean like how YOU let LENNIE "pass" with use of
snide remarks, blatant lies, profanity and obvious misdirection of his posts,
but then accuse others of the same thing without comment...?!?!

You don't seem to like that much, do you?

It's not a matter of what I like or don't like, MinnieLennie.
You are a person wrought with confusion and an odd sense of what you
consider appropriate.

You publically announce your afinity for a person known to be a
pathological liar and then go about calling other people names and
making unsubstantiated allegations about them. Pretty silly, Brain.

If you enjoy placing your private parts in publically operated
pencil sharpeners, be my guest...but don't whine about it when your
parts get ground up when someone else turns the crank (pun intended)

Now...about those T5 logs and your "authorization" to operate in Somalia?

Correct. I was authorized.

Not according to the evidence you've supplied, you weren't.

Steve, K4YZ

Brian October 20th 03 03:44 AM

(Brian) wrote in message . com...
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message ...

Mean like how YOU let LENNIE "pass" with use of
snide remarks, blatant lies, profanity and obvious misdirection of his posts,
but then accuse others of the same thing without comment...?!?!

You don't seem to like that much, do you?

It's not a matter of what I like or don't like, MinnieLennie.

Ahem, that would be MinnieStebie.

You are a person wrought with confusion and an odd sense of what you
consider appropriate.

You are inappropriate, Mentor Stebe.

You publically announce your afinity for a person known to be a
pathological liar and then go about calling other people names and
making unsubstantiated allegations about them. Pretty silly, Brain.

Stebe.

If you enjoy placing your private parts in publically operated
pencil sharpeners, be my guest...but don't whine about it when your
parts get ground up when someone else turns the crank (pun intended)

So do you wear a nurses dress when you play masochist?

Now...about those T5 logs and your "authorization" to operate in Somalia?

Correct. I was authorized.

Not according to the evidence you've supplied, you weren't.

What evidence have I supplied?

Steve Robeson, K4CAP October 21st 03 03:06 AM

(Brian) wrote in message . com...
[...]

Exactly...No Evidence = No Proof = Brian's Lying. No problem.

Steve, K4YZ

Brian October 21st 03 12:16 PM

(Brian) wrote in message . com...
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message om...

Not according to the evidence you've supplied, you weren't.

What evidence have I supplied?

Exactly...No Evidence = No Proof = Brian's Lying. No problem.

Steve, K4YZ

Such a paradox. Robo-Angel wants so badly to avenge his anger, that
he asserts "no proof" = guilty.

Even MinnieStebie sees through his Mentor's weakness.

ho ho

Len Over 21 October 21st 03 09:04 PM

In article ,
(Brian) writes:

Exactly...No Evidence = No Proof = Brian's Lying. No problem.

Steve, K4YZ

Such a paradox. Robo-Angel wants so badly to avenge his anger, that
he asserts "no proof" = guilty.

Even MinnieStebie sees through his Mentor's weakness.

ho ho

Brian, if you need "mentors," I'd suggest John T. "Tad" Burik,
K3QC on the basis of his blanket comments to RM-10805
through RM-10811. He's a true Gunnery Sergeant type Dill
Instructor who makes Stebe look like a new Lance Corporal. :-)

Look in the FCC ECFS listing around 20 October 2003.

QED

LHA

Jimmy Dean November 6th 03 06:02 PM

If I were to give the world an enema... 225 Main Street Newington, CT is
where I'd stick the hose.

Steve Silverwood November 25th 03 09:04 AM

In article ,
says...

If I were to give the world an enema... 225 Main Street Newington, CT is
where I'd stick the hose.

OK, I missed the earlier part of this thread, and I'm probably opening a
huge can of worms by asking this, but....

What do you have against the ARRL? I've had nothing but good
experiences with them, both at HQ and with their representatives
locally.

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS
Fountain Valley, CA
Email:

Web:
http://home.earthlink.net/~kb6ojs_steve

Bill Newkirk November 26th 03 04:14 AM

Probably thinks they're responsible for the demise of 73 magazine...

even tho Wayne's traditional subjects (keeping call sign when moving, etc.)
pretty much have all been addressed and even Wayne at the end was stuck for
editorials for amateur radio - resorting to pushing quack medicine and other
crap..

"Steve Silverwood" wrote in message
k.net...
In article ,
says...

Steve Silverwood December 1st 03 06:03 AM

In article ,
says...
When did this happen. I got my 73 in Oct as usual, and my subscription runs
out in 2006!

The news just came out this month that Wayne Green was closing down the
magazine.

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS