RadioBanter

-   -   Help on calculations (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/26846-help-calculations.html)

Paul September 4th 03 05:56 PM

Help on calculations

For U.S. Extra exam are any formulas or tutorials online? I need help
with E5C, E5D, E5E, E9C groups for example. I can barely pass the sample
exam now, and would very much like to be able to calculate a few more
answers. I can't get a current exam manual by the test time this
Saturday. All my radio books are ancient or don't cover this stuff
clearly. Thanks.

Radioman September 4th 03 06:05 PM

Paul wrote:

For U.S. Extra exam are any formulas or tutorials online? I need help
with E5C, E5D, E5E, E9C groups for example. I can barely pass the sample
exam now, and would very much like to be able to calculate a few more
answers. I can't get a current exam manual by the test time this
Saturday. All my radio books are ancient or don't cover this stuff
clearly. Thanks.

Did you check your local library? 621.38

Paul September 4th 03 06:16 PM

Radioman wrote:

Paul wrote:

For U.S. Extra exam are any formulas or tutorials online? I need help
with E5C, E5D, E5E, E9C groups for example. I can barely pass the sample
exam now, and would very much like to be able to calculate a few more
answers. I can't get a current exam manual by the test time this
Saturday. All my radio books are ancient or don't cover this stuff
clearly. Thanks.

Did you check your local library? 621.38

Yes, but the version is vintage 1990 and the library branch is way
across town. Would the ARRL 1990 extra class license manual be good
enough in these areas in your opinion? I don't need the exact answers by
exam number, just the appropriate formula.

Caveat Lector September 4th 03 06:38 PM

Any ARRL handbook will have a multitude of formulas for you
http://www.booksunderreview.com/Recr...izations/ARRL/

Or Check used book stores or local library

P.S. Formulas don't age so any ARRL Handbook ought to do.

--
73 From The Signal In The Noise
Caveat Lector Ya All