RadioBanter

-   -   Australian CBers better than US technicians (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/27178-re-australian-cbers-better-than-us-technicians.html)

WA8ULX December 29th 03 12:42 AM

Australian CBers better than US technicians

Now you understand lately why it was
necessary to remove totally CW in the
S.25-5 .

Yea we understand, its the only way the Knuckle Draggin CBplussers could get on
HF.

Dan/W4NTI December 29th 03 05:56 PM

"WA8ULX" wrote in message
Now you understand lately why it was
necessary to remove totally CW in the
S.25-5 .

Yea we understand, its the only way the Knuckle Draggin CBplussers could

get on
HF.

At one time I was seriously considering immigrating to VK land. Glad I
didn't now. First off the take all the guns from its citizens and the crime
rate tripples. Now they put unqualified operators on HF.

What does a roger beep sound like down under?

Dan/W4NTI

VA7LNX December 29th 03 08:20 PM

Dan/W4NTI wrote:

"WA8ULX" wrote in message
Now you understand lately why it was
necessary to remove totally CW in the
S.25-5 .

Yea we understand, its the only way the Knuckle Draggin CBplussers could

get on
HF.

At one time I was seriously considering immigrating to VK land. Glad I
didn't now. First off the take all the guns from its citizens and the
crime
rate tripples. Now they put unqualified operators on HF.

What does a roger beep sound like down under?

Dan/W4NTI

regor ;-)

Seriously though.... I wish they wouldn't remove the code requirement on HF.
It creates a new goal to get onto those bands. (Admittedly, I don't have
code either).

--
Donovan Hill
VA7LNX (Basic, Advanced)

Dan/W4NTI December 29th 03 10:24 PM

"VA7LNX" wrote in message
Dan/W4NTI wrote:

"WA8ULX" wrote in message
[...]

Obviously most of you blokes decided otherwise. Working DX into VK will be
a lot harder now. 40 meter SSB sucks on that path.

Dan/W4NTI

Brian December 30th 03 12:03 AM

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message thlink.net...

What does a roger beep sound like down under?

Dan/W4NTI

Sounds just like your microphone.

Robert Casey December 30th 03 03:44 AM

What does a roger beep sound like down under?

Dan/W4NTI

Like that "sproing" sound the baby kangaroo in the Warner Bros
cartoons makes?

VA7LNX December 30th 03 05:41 AM

Dan/W4NTI wrote:

"WA8ULX" wrote in message
[...]

I'm in Canada. The RAC and IC are pushing to remove the code requirement for
HF.

--
Donovan Hill
VA7LNX (Basic, Advanced)

Dan/W4NTI December 30th 03 07:08 PM

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message

thlink.net...

What does a roger beep sound like down under?

Dan/W4NTI

Sounds just like your microphone.

I don't have a microphone like that. I use a MD-100 by Yaesu on the MP. U
use a MC-50 on my TS-530s. Can you recommend a better kind ? I am all ears
good buddy...come back.

Dan/W4NTI

Dan/W4NTI December 30th 03 07:09 PM

"VA7LNX" wrote in message

Dan/W4NTI wrote:

"WA8ULX" wrote in message
[...]

I know you are....but since your part of the 'commonwealth' I figured its
all the same arguement.

Dan/W4NTI

Jim Hampton December 31st 03 08:54 PM

Dan,

Look at the bright side; all of the qrm will be on voice. Drop down to the
bottom of 40 and life will be beautiful :)

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
link.net...

[...]