RadioBanter

-   -   Hong Kong drops code (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/27297-hong-kong-drops-code.html)

Bill Sohl February 14th 04 04:05 PM

Hong Kong drops code

Hong Kong has been added to the list of countires
dropping code testing.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

WA8ULX February 14th 04 04:10 PM

Hong Kong has been added to the list of countires
dropping code testing.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

WHO CARES, HAM RADIO IS NOTHING MORE THAN A GLOIRIFIED CB SERVICE ANYMORE.

Dave Heil February 14th 04 04:43 PM

Bill Sohl wrote:

Hong Kong has been added to the list of countires
dropping code testing.

I'm sure that your news will be greeted with great elation by the
roughly 360 radio amateurs (including club stations and those licensed
by, but no longer living in Hong Kong) of Hong Kong. The world is
slowly being freed from this morse testing oppression.

It is truly a great day for something-or-other.

Dave K8MN

N8IE February 14th 04 06:33 PM

Who cares?
The ARRL is a joke.
The hobby is a joke.

Ham Radio is dead, RIP.

"Bill Sohl" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hong Kong has been added to the list of countires
dropping code testing.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

---

Robert Casey February 14th 04 10:45 PM

Bill Sohl wrote:

Hong Kong has been added to the list of countires
dropping code testing.

I thought that Hong Kong is now ruled by communist China.
So HK is not a country.

Mark Little February 14th 04 10:47 PM

"N8IE" wrote in message
Who cares?

Since you cared enough to respond, I guess this is a rhetorical question?

The ARRL is a joke.

Even if that is true, what has that got to do with Hong Kong? You do know it
is part of China, not the USA, don't you?

The hobby is a joke.

Get another hobby if you don't like it.

Ham Radio is dead, RIP.

Luckily, sensible people know that this sort of change does not prevent them
from doing what interests them nor does it negate the personal satisfaction
anyone may get from learning/using Morse.

Mark

nk.net...

William February 15th 04 12:03 AM

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Bill Sohl wrote:

Hong Kong has been added to the list of countires
dropping code testing.

I'm sure that your news will be greeted with great elation by the
roughly 360 radio amateurs (including club stations and those licensed
by, but no longer living in Hong Kong) of Hong Kong. The world is
slowly being freed from this morse testing oppression.

It is truly a great day for something-or-other.

Dave K8MN

Did the Germans march on Hong Kong?

William February 15th 04 12:14 AM

"N8IE" wrote in message ...
Who cares?
The ARRL is a joke.
The hobby is a joke.

Ham Radio is dead, RIP.

Code Forever!!!

Right?

Damn near killed ham radio.
--------------------
Necrology from QRZ:
--------------------
I've been licensed since 1992, my old call was N8VZU. Currently I
operate 99% CW/QRP and can be found on or near 14.060, or 7.040 most
nights, if you hear me give me a call.
I do some contesting, (I took first place in the 2000 Ohio QSO Party
for QRP, and first place for Ohio/Great Lakes Division SSB/QRP in the
2000 ARRL Sweeps) but mostly enjoy ragchewing.

I belong to the Flying Pigs, #-6, FISTS, #4985, QRP-l, #1404, plus a
few more. Currently I manage the Sprints for FISTS.

I am a proud member and club call trustee for the Flying Pigs QRP
Club, International W8PIG. We are dedicated to promoting CW, QRP, and
most of all FUN! Our club motto: No Dues, No Rules, Just FUN.
Membership is open to everyone, drop by http://www.fpqrp.com and join
today.

72, oo Dan, N8IE

Bill Sohl February 15th 04 02:39 PM

"Robert Casey" wrote in message
Bill Sohl wrote:

Hong Kong has been added to the list of countires
dropping code testing.

I thought that Hong Kong is now ruled by communist China.
So HK is not a country.

Well it still acts like one in regards to having
separate amateur rules/regs as well as its
own separate callsign prefix.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

William February 15th 04 10:28 PM

Bill Sohl wrote:

Hong Kong has been added to the list of countires
dropping code testing.

I thought that Hong Kong is now ruled by communist China.

Hey, hey! Not supposed to know anything about their rules.

So HK is not a country.

Only the ARRL DXCC desk can make that determination.

bb