Old March 9th 04, 11:44 PM
William Warren

"- - ex - -" wrote in message
[snippage]
You're having way too much fun with this topic and clearly you have the
ability to rant much better than I so I'm going to bow out now. Maybe
Stinson will continue to give you more rant opportunities. I think
you're a nut and I'm going back to messing with radios.

-Adios,
Bill M

If expecting those who write here to back up their posts with facts,
attribution to verifiable names, and/or citations from reputable sources is
insane, then call me a nut. If I'm having fun exposing GOP FUD for what it
is, then I'll keep laughing while the voters - you really _can't_ fool all
the people all the time - send the junior Bush back to the farm.

Just remember that I didn't start it, have never pretended to be anything I
wasn't, and have never started ad hominem attacks on those not in the
limelight. Please feel free to come back and stand on the soapbox anytime
you can support yourself with resonable and well-researched argument.

I'd say I support your right to do so, but I think that's already obvious.

Bill Warren

Old March 10th 04, 12:14 AM
David Ragsdale

JJ wrote:

If Kerry should be elected president (God forbid!!!), and we have
another 9/11 type attack, Kerry will be leading the anti-war protest.

Absolutely. In fact, Kerry, in a speech to the Council on Foreign
Relations last October, stated that he would cease the war on
terrorists, would negotiate with terrorist states, would APOLOGIZE for
the actions of the United States so far, and would return terrorism to a
"law enforcement issue" rather than the declaration of war it rightfully
is.

This is the exact policy followed by the Clinton Administration, which
led to the events of Sept. 11, 2001.

The safety of my family is far too important to risk ever voting for a
demonstrable ignorant buffoon like Kerry. President Bush has taken
exactly the correct path in fighting the war on terror.

--
David Ragsdale, R.E.H.S.
Old March 10th 04, 12:53 AM
Argus

I am a conservative. Yet, I have respect for John Kerry's war record. I am
troubled because I don't believe he respects his war record.

Argus

Old March 10th 04, 01:46 AM
Dan/W4NTI

"Argus" wrote in message
y.com...
I am a conservative. Yet, I have respect for John Kerry's war record. I

am
troubled because I don't believe he respects his war record.

Argus

Kerry lost most right thinking peoples respect when he joined up with Hanoi
Jane.

Dan/W4NTI

Old March 10th 04, 03:34 AM

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 12:28:11 -0400, - - ex - -
wrote:

William Warren wrote:

Mostly, I'm "not fond of" Shrub's attitude that not being caught in a lie is
the same thing as telling the truth. What I am especially "not fond of" is
unattributed slander, quotes-out-of-context (as you did to me), nameless and
unverifiable attacks, or the attitude some people take that it's OK to
question Senator Kerry's courage while forgetting George Bush, Junior's
cowardice.

Ok, then, take Kerry's own quotes and ask why he refuses to release his
military medical records to the pundits to 'prove' the PHs that got him
out of Nam in four months.

Taking a page from Shrub, maybe? Bush wants all kinds of
"transparency" and "accountability" for everyone except the swells who
surround him. Try getting transcripts of Cheney's meetings with the
energy industry when our national enregy policy was being written.
That's at least as relevant to his fitness to govern as whatever went
on thirty years ago.

Old March 10th 04, 05:26 AM
Ed Zeranski

I happened across this thread then read all the posts. Not much on radios
but I did use radio to kill communists during those years, 1967-1968.

I was there, too: and everything John Kerry said is true.

I think the problem with Mr. Kerry is he testified he'd seen atrocities then
later admited he had not.

That Mr. Bendell didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen: he is

entitled
to support and protect the memory of his comrades, as am I - but not at

the
expense of whitewashing what others have documented. Yes, some soldiers
_did_ cut the ears off VC dead. Yes, some soldiers did other unspeakable
things: just ask Rusty Calley if you don't believe me. Some of it, I saw
with my own eyes, some I read in the courts-martial and/or arrest reports

saw as a Military Policeman.

That Calley trial was a biggie but a biggie because his act was so rare.
Given the political climate after I got home, if there were other such
events they would have been jumped on by the press and Service. If you were
military police attending Courts Martial of people who did bad things that
is also a statement that soldiers were monitored and if they f'd up they
..were brought up on charges. The remains of people, men, women, children
horrendously murdered by the VC-NVA represent actions never addressed, and
they represent many MANY Mai Lais.

That was over for me on 5 May 1968, Hue, Dong Ha , Qua Viet, discharge
in San Francisco. Today, however, as a lifelong registered Democrat I will
not-can not vote for Kerry. I feel no trust. He represents a very left
highjacking of my party by '60s types who hate the Constitution, Bill of
Rights, fellow citizens, and America in general. Sorry, Kerry and his ilk
would not be good for our country or any other country'
EZ

Old March 10th 04, 10:47 AM
Ed Price

"William Warren" wrote in message
"- - ex - -" wrote in message
William Warren wrote:

At a time in our nation's history when the rich and well connected
were scurrying to park their sons' yachts in safe backwaters, a well
connected young man raised his hand, took an oath, and took
everything that came with it. You can't fake that kind of courage,
and you can't spin his opponent's kind of cowardice. John Kerry was
there.

Bill Warren

THE FOLLOWING ITEM APPEARED IN A NON-PARTISAN (BUT EXTREMELY
CYNICAL) NEWSLETTER FOR INVESTORS. THE NEWSLETTER HAS BEEN RELENTLESSLY
CRITICAL OF BUSH ADMINISTRATION ECONOMIC POLICIES.

(unatributed rant snipped)

They really ought to give you GOP PR types

Thus far, the name-calling has been initiated by WW. He has chosen to use
the term "Shrub", so I suppose we are now free to degenerate to his level
and refer to Mr. Kerry as The Curr. Further, anyone who disagrees with WW
will be given the label of a "GOP PR type." Yes, WW seems quite adept and at
ease wielding a smear technique

It's unfortunate that the Democratic machine has chosen to conduct the
initial 2004 campaign by attacking the President's moral credentials.
Desperation and hatred color and distort their entire position.

Ed
wb6wsn

Old March 10th 04, 10:57 AM
Ed Price

"William Warren" wrote in message
newsFs3c.510102$I06.5567389@attbi_s01...
"- - ex - -" wrote in message
[...]

So why do you think an ad hominem attack against a public figure is
acceptable?

Ed
wb6wsn

Old March 10th 04, 02:01 PM
William Warren

"- - ex - -" wrote in message
William Warren wrote:

At a time in our nation's history when the rich and well connected
were scurrying to park their sons' yachts in safe backwaters, a well
connected young man raised his hand, took an oath, and took
everything that came with it. You can't fake that kind of courage,
and you can't spin his opponent's kind of cowardice. John Kerry was
there.

Bill Warren

[snip]
They really ought to give you GOP PR types

Thus far, the name-calling has been initiated by WW. He has chosen to use
the term "Shrub", so I suppose we are now free to degenerate to his level
and refer to Mr. Kerry as The Curr. Further, anyone who disagrees with WW
will be given the label of a "GOP PR type." Yes, WW seems quite adept and

at
ease wielding a smear technique

You are free to call John Kerry whatever you like: it's a free country,
after all. :-) I am free to call George Bush whatever I like, so long as
it's clear that I'm voicing my personal opinion. Both men are standing for
election to public office, and it's not a game for the faint-hearted.

I don't label "anyone who disagrees" with me: I used the "GOP PR" metaphor
as a sarcastic reply to an unattributed, and untracable, piece of
disinformation. If it wasn't clear to you that I was being sarcastic, then I
suggest you need to get out mo please recall that within 24 hours it had
gone from being the alleged report of a "Retired Rear Admiral" to being a
putative contribution by "Marine Master Sergeant" in a chat room, and I
think I was able to shoot _that_ nonsense down as well.

I don't, and haven't, smeared anyone: I've never lied and I never invented
tall tales about George Bush, but if I call him by a nickname you don't
like, well, as I said, it's not a game for the faint-hearted. I think he
_is_ a Shrub compared to his father, and I think his father was a dwarf pine
to begin with.

As I said, I don't attack those "not in the limelight". You, for example,
are simply a ham operator with an opinion to share.

Me too.

It's unfortunate that the Democratic machine has chosen to conduct the
initial 2004 campaign by attacking the President's moral credentials.
Desperation and hatred color and distort their entire position.

Ed
wb6wsn

How? In what way? _WHAT_ moral credentials?

Have at it. Bring it on. Stand up and be counted.

You have the right. ;-)

Bill

(Modify my return address in an obvious way for direct replies)

Old March 10th 04, 05:55 PM
JJ

William Warren wrote:

I don't label "anyone who disagrees" with me: I used the "GOP PR" metaphor
as a sarcastic reply to an unattributed, and untracable, piece of
disinformation. If it wasn't clear to you that I was being sarcastic, then I
suggest you need to get out mo please recall that within 24 hours it had
gone from being the alleged report of a "Retired Rear Admiral" to being a
putative contribution by "Marine Master Sergeant" in a chat room, and I
think I was able to shoot _that_ nonsense down as well.

Go read this, it even gives the Marine Master Sargent's name, you can
call him and verify it yourself.

http://www.keepingapace.com/blogarch...ontroversy.php

John Cahill Ei7V KCarroll General 0 October 4th 04 07:49 PM
[OT] Smear campaign against John Kerry William Warren Boatanchors 23 March 11th 04 02:02 AM
Open Letter from a Green Beret to John Kerry Boatanchors 0 March 10th 04 03:22 AM