RadioBanter

-   -   Wrong Again, Len! (Communicator Power) (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/27376-wrong-again-len-communicator-power.html)

Len Over 21 March 20th 04 11:48 PM

In article , "Arnie Macy"
writes:

"Len Over 21" wrote in part ...

"Sorry to not bow and scrape to your most esteemed worthiness, but if you
ever got down from your high horse, you might be tolerable to other
civilized humans."
_________________________________________________ ____________

Sounds like good self-advice, Leonard. Why don't you try it? And if you
can't, just do your best impression of a human being. It would certainly be
an improvement over what we've seen here from you in the past.

Poor baby. No one giving you the love, attention, and respect you
richly deserve?

Darn shame that is.

Okay everybody...one...two...three...all respect Arnie!

Wonderful human being and champion 1930s radio operator!

Yay!

sound of one hand clapping...

LHA / WMD

Steve Robeson, K4CAP March 21st 04 12:27 AM

"Arnie Macy" wrote in message ...
"Len Over 21" wrote in part ...

"Sorry to not bow and scrape to your most esteemed worthiness, but if you
ever got down from your high horse, you might be tolerable to other
civilized humans."

Sounds like good self-advice, Leonard. Why don't you try it? And if you
can't, just do your best impression of a human being. It would certainly be
an improvement over what we've seen here from you in the past.

Personally, I think it's arrogance to the Nth degree that Lennie
even remotely PRESUMES himself to be "civilized"...especially when
it's his profane, untruthful rantings herein that so lovingly endeear
him to us all.

BTW, we put our Amateur Radio gear on-line for the first time in the Mobile
Incident Command Center the other day. First contact was via CW with a
station in Iowa. Conditions for SSB were just not up to par. We just love
having all those tools in our communications kit.

We also tested our state of the art sat-phone/VTCs and wireless VOIP
network. They worked flawlessly -- what wonderful pieces of gear. We are
now completely wireless (including phone lines) so we can go wherever
needed. 21st Century comms at its best -- which means a mixture of the old
and new together to give us the strongest redundancy possible.

I spent the day at TEMA (Tennessee Emergency Management Agency)
EOC and GUESS what I found...?!?!

A rack of R F Harris gear DEDICATED to Amateur HF nets. Also, the
EOC has two operating positions for V/UHF, as well as a packet station
and a seperate UHF rig dedicated to the SKYWARN net.

Seems that TEMA and FEMA don't have the same cavalier attitude
about Amateur Radio that Lennie insists such governmental agencies do.

In the course of the discussion the California ACS came up.
Seems Lennie doesn't have all his facts together there, either...And
THAT came from the mouth of a FEMA officer...Not that I doubted Lennie
was wrong.

"I'm laughing at the superior intellect..." Again.

73

Steve, K4YZ

Arnie Macy March 21st 04 01:37 AM

"Len Over 21" wrote ...

Poor baby. No one giving you the love, attention, and respect you richly
deserve? Darn shame that is. Okay everybody...one...two...three...all
respect Arnie! Wonderful human being and champion 1930s radio operator! Yay!
sound of one hand clapping...

No -- actually I get a lot of respect in my job, so I don't need any from
you whatever as my ego is just fine.

As to the 1930s radio comment. You seem to be caught in a 1950's time warp,
Leonard (Hell, no surprise there). The great gear that we have in our MICP
is more akin to the 2030s -- We are well ahead of the curve. I'll bet you
don't even know what a "Scotty" does? Again, no surprise if you don't. A
quick Yahoo search to save face if you do.

Arnie -

William March 21st 04 02:33 AM

"Arnie Macy" wrote in message ...
"Len Over 21" wrote in part ...

"Sorry to not bow and scrape to your most esteemed worthiness, but if you
ever got down from your high horse, you might be tolerable to other
civilized humans."

Sounds like good self-advice, Leonard. Why don't you try it?

Arnie, sounds like good advice for lots of folks on here, doesn't it?

And if you
can't, just do your best impression of a human being.

Wow. Warms the heart to see such humanity on the group.

It would certainly be
an improvement over what we've seen here from you in the past.

Arn, ever see what Steve posts?

BTW, we put our Amateur Radio gear on-line for the first time in the Mobile
Incident Command Center the other day.

But 9/11 was more than 2.5 years ago.

First contact was via CW with a
station in Iowa.

Was it Iowa that you needed to contact? I'm trying to think what an
East Coast military installation might need with Iowa? Looking for
obsolete Collins parts?

Conditions for SSB were just not up to par.

For a contact with Iowa? Did you try a band higher? Did you try a
band lower? Again, what was the reason Iowa was needed for a contact?

We just love
having all those tools in our communications kit.

Wow. Me too.

We also tested our state of the art sat-phone/VTCs and wireless VOIP
network. They worked flawlessly -- what wonderful pieces of gear. We are
now completely wireless (including phone lines) so we can go wherever
needed.

So you really didn't need to contact Iowa with amateur radio. I was
wondering about that.

21st Century comms at its best -- which means a mixture of the old
and new together to give us the strongest redundancy possible.

Strong redundancy equals GAO audits. They don't like redundancy even
if it means survivability. They'd rather have the money spent on food
stamps and WIC.

Arnie, its always great to read one of you posts. Thanks for stopping
in.

Arnie Macy March 21st 04 03:40 AM

"William" wrote ...

Wow. Warms the heart to see such humanity on the group.

Apparently you've never been on the end of a personal attack from Leonard.
I have. He deserves a lot harsher language than I have ever sent his way.

It would certainly be
an improvement over what we've seen here from you in the past.

Arn, ever see what Steve posts?

Sure. They are usually in response to a first strike from Leonard. What's
your point?

BTW, we put our Amateur Radio gear on-line for the first time in the

Mobile
Incident Command Center the other day.

But 9/11 was more than 2.5 years ago.

We've had plenty of comms ability since then, but put the gear in the MICP
as a means of improvement. Improvement of comms systems is a good thing,
right William?

First contact was via CW with a
station in Iowa.

Was it Iowa that you needed to contact? I'm trying to think what an
East Coast military installation might need with Iowa? Looking for
obsolete Collins parts?

Conditions for SSB were just not up to par.

For a contact with Iowa? Did you try a band higher? Did you try a
band lower? Again, what was the reason Iowa was needed for a contact?

We tested the gear on ALL bands (and both modes). And Iowa was the place we
happened to contact first. If I need to contact FEMA via HF in another
state (including IOWA) I think I have proven that it can be done by this
test. And that, after all, was the purpose to begin with.

We just love
having all those tools in our communications kit.

Wow. Me too.

We also tested our state of the art sat-phone/VTCs and wireless VOIP
network. They worked flawlessly -- what wonderful pieces of gear. We

are
now completely wireless (including phone lines) so we can go wherever
needed.

So you really didn't need to contact Iowa with amateur radio. I was
wondering about that.

Sure we did. The Ham gear is for redundancy. That's why we have it. A
test of it's HF capability was important. Test complete, test successful.

21st Century comms at its best -- which means a mixture of the old
and new together to give us the strongest redundancy possible.

Strong redundancy equals GAO audits. They don't like redundancy even
if it means survivability. They'd rather have the money spent on food
stamps and WIC.

Strong redundancy equals uninterrupted communications in an emergency. The
GAO cares not as long as we spend the money appropriately. Since the
purchases were pre-approved, I guess we already did that.

Arnie, its always great to read one of you posts. Thanks for stopping
in.

And you too William.

Arnie -

Len Over 21 March 21st 04 06:33 AM

In article , "Arnie Macy"
writes:

"William" wrote ...

Wow. Warms the heart to see such humanity on the group.

Apparently you've never been on the end of a personal attack from Leonard.
I have. He deserves a lot harsher language than I have ever sent his way.

I'm sure you think so. You have a terrible ego problem in that
you need to have agreement from everyone that your viewpoint
is the only possible "correct" one. It isn't, and you don't like
certain folks who won't kiss your [expletive deleted].

You managed a personal attack on me some time back via a
web page with my allege "photo" on there. Beat the gunnery
nurse by months.

I've been up-front in public in all these arguments. I didn't try
to sneak behind any backs to defame another like you or the
gunnery nurse did.

It would certainly be
an improvement over what we've seen here from you in the past.

Arn, ever see what Steve posts?

Sure. They are usually in response to a first strike from Leonard.

Wayyyyy incorrect, inspector clueless.

Want proof? Go to Google. Start looking. It will take days.

But, if past is prologue, you will see only what you WANT to see.

What's
your point?

BTW, we put our Amateur Radio gear on-line for the first time in the

Mobile
Incident Command Center the other day.

But 9/11 was more than 2.5 years ago.

We've had plenty of comms ability since then, but put the gear in the MICP
as a means of improvement. Improvement of comms systems is a good thing,
right William?

Work on your SSB equipment some more. You couldn't reach Iowa.

First contact was via CW with a
station in Iowa.

Was it Iowa that you needed to contact? I'm trying to think what an
East Coast military installation might need with Iowa? Looking for
obsolete Collins parts?

Conditions for SSB were just not up to par.

For a contact with Iowa? Did you try a band higher? Did you try a
band lower? Again, what was the reason Iowa was needed for a contact?

We tested the gear on ALL bands (and both modes). And Iowa was the place we
happened to contact first. If I need to contact FEMA via HF in another
state (including IOWA) I think I have proven that it can be done by this
test. And that, after all, was the purpose to begin with.

But, you couldn't make there and had to resort to CW.

We just love
having all those tools in our communications kit.

Wow. Me too.

We also tested our state of the art sat-phone/VTCs and wireless VOIP
network. They worked flawlessly -- what wonderful pieces of gear. We

are
now completely wireless (including phone lines) so we can go wherever
needed.

So you really didn't need to contact Iowa with amateur radio. I was
wondering about that.

Sure we did. The Ham gear is for redundancy. That's why we have it. A
test of it's HF capability was important. Test complete, test successful.

But, you said you only got Iowa by CW. Only one mode.

21st Century comms at its best -- which means a mixture of the old
and new together to give us the strongest redundancy possible.

Strong redundancy equals GAO audits. They don't like redundancy even
if it means survivability. They'd rather have the money spent on food
stamps and WIC.

Strong redundancy equals uninterrupted communications in an emergency. The
GAO cares not as long as we spend the money appropriately. Since the
purchases were pre-approved, I guess we already did that.

Riiight...you got it through the bureaocracy. :-)

Is the General Accounting Office (GAO) staffed with radio experts?

LHA / WMD

Len Over 21 March 21st 04 06:33 AM

In article , "Arnie Macy"
writes:

No -- actually I get a lot of respect in my job, so I don't need any from
you whatever as my ego is just fine.

Not believable. You've been absent from public view in this newsgroup
for months. The first post you make is a direct attack against me.
Not about amateur radio policy, but about me.

You still have a bruised and sore ego from long-ago go-arounds
in here. You need better treatment for those self-perceived wounds.

As to the 1930s radio comment. You seem to be caught in a 1950's time warp,
Leonard (Hell, no surprise there). The great gear that we have in our MICP
is more akin to the 2030s -- We are well ahead of the curve.

You are now working in the electronics industry too? Amazing.

Even the electronics industry can't predict what is coming in
25 years from now.

I'll bet you don't even know what a "Scotty" does?

In reference to what? A Scotsman? A doggie? An old tissue?

Maybe you've been into the Black and White too much and
are seeing a future that isn't there...like in the year 2030.

Don't drink and derive.

Again, no surprise if you don't. A
quick Yahoo search to save face if you do.

I care nothing about your "quizzes."

You aren't into the NCVEC proposal, just your own nasty little ego
wanting vengence for perceived past wrongs in a newsgroup.

Did you ever get a chance to see a U.S. Army Regimental Signal
Center in operation when you were employed by the Army?
I'll bet you didn't and probably didn't even try.

Did you ever get a chance to look at FM 24-24 back when you
were an Army dick? [excuse me, "investigator"] I guess not.

We could have had a decent, civil discussion back then but, no,
you had to assert yourself and make like an "expert" with all the
"Army uses CW" talk. Tsk, tsk, tsk...all that time and wounds
still fester in you.

LHA / WMD

Arnie Macy March 21st 04 06:51 AM

"Len Over 21" wrote ...

The rest of Leonard's usual drivel snipped ...

"You are now working in the electronics industry too? Amazing."

What? The amazing Leonard not familiar with current technology? I'm
shocked. You mean to tell me that this lowly Amateur Radio Op knows more
about cutting edge technology than the Wizard of Electronics? Say it ain't
so, Leonard.

Arnie -

Arnie Macy March 21st 04 06:57 AM

"Len Over 21" wrote in part ...

Work on your SSB equipment some more. You couldn't reach Iowa.

Only God can improve atmospheric conditions. That's why we used CW. We
couldn't reach squat on SSB that day. Next test might show an improvement
in SSB capability. Sure hope so, it is our primary Ham mode.

Riiight...you got it through the bureaocracy. :-)

Is the General Accounting Office (GAO) staffed with radio experts?

Actually, they have some very knowledgeable folks in their tech area.
Thanks for asking.

Arnie -

William March 21st 04 04:12 PM

"Arnie Macy" wrote in message ...
"William" wrote ...

Wow. Warms the heart to see such humanity on the group.

Apparently you've never been on the end of a personal attack from Leonard.
I have. He deserves a lot harsher language than I have ever sent his way.

Perhaps. Hang in there with your semi-civil tongue. We may yet get
to civil debate.

It would certainly be
an improvement over what we've seen here from you in the past.

Arn, ever see what Steve posts?

Sure. They are usually in response to a first strike from Leonard. What's
your point?

No, no, no. You're just enabling Steve with such a an attitude.

Others in here appear to be able to withstand a "first strike" from
Len. Let's use you as an example. You said above that "He deserves a
lot harsher language than I have ever sent his way." So why didn't
you?

Do you have self-control? Self-respect?

Are you emotionally balanced?

Did Mark Morgan "deserve a lot harsher language than I have ever sent
his way?"

BTW, we put our Amateur Radio gear on-line for the first time in the

Mobile
Incident Command Center the other day.

But 9/11 was more than 2.5 years ago.

We've had plenty of comms ability since then, but put the gear in the MICP
as a means of improvement. Improvement of comms systems is a good thing,
right William?

Always.

First contact was via CW with a
station in Iowa.

Was it Iowa that you needed to contact? I'm trying to think what an
East Coast military installation might need with Iowa? Looking for
obsolete Collins parts?

Conditions for SSB were just not up to par.

For a contact with Iowa? Did you try a band higher? Did you try a
band lower? Again, what was the reason Iowa was needed for a contact?

We tested the gear on ALL bands (and both modes). And Iowa was the place we
happened to contact first.

And that is the amateur's attitude to communications. I flipped on
the radio and talked to Costa Rica! Everythings great, I got
Emergency Comms!

If I need to contact FEMA via HF in another
state (including IOWA) I think I have proven that it can be done by this
test. And that, after all, was the purpose to begin with.

I don't. The true measure of a test is the test. As an IG augmentee,
I lay down a card, and Capt Soso reads it and say, "I can do that."

Do I mark down 100% on his say so, or do I say, "So let me see you do
it, Capt Soso."

We just love
having all those tools in our communications kit.

Wow. Me too.

We also tested our state of the art sat-phone/VTCs and wireless VOIP
network. They worked flawlessly -- what wonderful pieces of gear. We

are
now completely wireless (including phone lines) so we can go wherever
needed.

So you really didn't need to contact Iowa with amateur radio. I was
wondering about that.

Sure we did. The Ham gear is for redundancy.

Sort of. It's there for when your primary and secondary gear doesn't
do what its supposed to do. You still have a mission, and it's not
talking to a ham in Iowa.

That's why we have it. A
test of it's HF capability was important. Test complete, test successful.

In other words, you tested that the radio worked. You could have done
that with a dummy load and not wasted that Iowa ham's time.

Next time you inadvertantly contact an amateur in another state, ask
him to phone patch you through to that state's EMA or State Police.
That at least would be worth noting.

21st Century comms at its best -- which means a mixture of the old
and new together to give us the strongest redundancy possible.

Strong redundancy equals GAO audits. They don't like redundancy even
if it means survivability. They'd rather have the money spent on food
stamps and WIC.

Strong redundancy equals uninterrupted communications in an emergency. The
GAO cares not as long as we spend the money appropriately. Since the
purchases were pre-approved, I guess we already did that.

Which model HF radio did you get?