RadioBanter

-   -   export cb radios (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/27417-re-export-cb-radios.html)

Robert Casey March 30th 04 03:30 AM

Alun wrote:

This is being crossposted to rec.radio.amateur.policy, where a 10 meter
radio really is a 10 meter radio.

Some "10 meter radios" have strange features like echo boxes, roger
beeps, and channelized
tuning that no normal HF ham radio set ever has.

It's perfectly fine if a ham takes a CB set and modifies it for use on
10 meters. But
it can no longer be used on the CB band, so adding a switch to create a
dual band
dual service radio is not allowed.

Alun March 30th 04 10:58 AM

Robert Casey wrote in news:4068DBCB.9030308
@ix.netcom.com:

Alun wrote:

This is being crossposted to rec.radio.amateur.policy, where a 10 meter
radio really is a 10 meter radio.

Some "10 meter radios" have strange features like echo boxes, roger
beeps, and channelized
tuning that no normal HF ham radio set ever has.

I know. However, it's confusing to post to both groups and use a term that
means different things in each place.

It's perfectly fine if a ham takes a CB set and modifies it for use on
10 meters. But
it can no longer be used on the CB band, so adding a switch to create a
dual band
dual service radio is not allowed.

I confess I didn't know that. I own a Ham Major M588 that someone else
converted from CB to 10m, but it doesn't cover anything below 28 MHz now,
so I guess it's OK. Mind you, it's rated at 10W on AM/FM and 20W on SSB, so
it wasn't legal before it was converted! I think it originally had 'high'
channels too.

Steveo March 30th 04 12:44 PM

Alun wrote:
(I Am Not George) wrote in
this is a CB radio newsgroup dip**** we are not talking about hams
using 10 meters the subject is export cb radios. Sound like you are
trying to confuse people like the export dealers do by calling them 10
meter radios LOL

This is being crossposted to rec.radio.amateur.policy, where a 10 meter
radio really is a 10 meter radio. Too much to expect you to check the
header I suppose.

That's wa3moj, the resident CB group dip**** troll. He only posts
in rec.radio.cb to flame CBer's.