RadioBanter

-   -   Farewell Amateur Radio and CB (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/27691-re-farewell-amateur-radio-cb.html)

Steveo September 2nd 04 03:22 AM

Farewell Amateur Radio and CB

(Hans K0HB) wrote:
"Me" wrote

it is with a heavy heart that I write this message.

.
.
.

-Chuck Adkins
K8CPA (Hopefully for a little while longer...)

Chuck,

I read your jeremiad with interest .....

Interest in why it was in a CB newsgroup, not a ham radio newsgroup.

Interest in why you disavow further participation in ham radio, yet
sign with you call sign "Hopefully for a little while longer..."

Interest in why you even bothered to post the message.

CUL OM,

de Hans, K0HB

Hey Hans, does that hook in your mouth hurt much?

Micro MegaWatt September 2nd 04 04:57 PM

When (if) the restructuring program goes thru and everyone and his dog can
get on HF without code.

Hello Amateur Radio ZOOOMMM on HF rig sales and band use.

See proposed restructuring at URL:
http://www.arrl.org/news/restructuring2/faq.html#1

--
One Watt

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism;
to steal from many is research.
-- Comedian Steven Wright

Robert Casey September 3rd 04 10:29 PM

Hello Amateur Radio ZOOOMMM on HF rig sales and band use.

Doubt it.

Afraid you may be right. It didn't happen with code free
VHF. We'll need better advertising of ham radio in the
electronics press, and various radio rags. (even CB, eeeeK!)
I'm an ex-CBer from 1976. Decided I liked 2 way radio enough
to step up to a ham license.

Mention that the prospective ham should visit several ham
clubs to find one he feels comfortable with.