RadioBanter

-   -   SW broadcaster at 3965, should it be there? (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/27755-sw-broadcaster-3965-should-there.html)

Robert Casey October 3rd 04 05:26 AM

SW broadcaster at 3965, should it be there?

Assuming that my receiver (a TS440SAT) isn't giving
me an image, why is there a SW broadcaster at 3965 KHz?
In some foreign language, maybe French. It's not a ham
"broadcaster" selling the Bible or such. But an AM
SW station. Is 80M turning into 40M?

Location: NNJ, time 4:26 zulu on Oct 3rd.

Steve Robeson, K4CAP October 3rd 04 11:31 AM

Robert Casey wrote in message ...
Assuming that my receiver (a TS440SAT) isn't giving
me an image, why is there a SW broadcaster at 3965 KHz?
In some foreign language, maybe French. It's not a ham
"broadcaster" selling the Bible or such. But an AM
SW station. Is 80M turning into 40M?

Location: NNJ, time 4:26 zulu on Oct 3rd.

I am not sure how far down into the Amateur allocation it goes,
but there is broadcasting allowed on that end of the band outside of
Region 2.

73

Steve, K4YZ