RadioBanter

-   -   An Apology To Hans (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/27854-apology-hans.html)

Steve Robeson K4CAP October 25th 04 03:40 PM

An Apology To Hans

OK, here it is...

I haven't gotten a response from the League, and since all evidence is
that I jumped the gun, I was admittedly wrong in my accusation over Hans'
authorship of the article I was questioning him on.

Hans, I was wrong, I stand corrected, and hereby offer my apology.

Respectfully submitted,

Steve Robeson, LPN K4YZ

Bert Craig October 25th 04 03:52 PM

"Steve Robeson K4CAP" wrote in message
OK, here it is...

I haven't gotten a response from the League, and since all evidence is
that I jumped the gun, I was admittedly wrong in my accusation over Hans'
authorship of the article I was questioning him on.

Hans, I was wrong, I stand corrected, and hereby offer my apology.

Respectfully submitted,

Steve Robeson, LPN K4YZ

Spoken like a gentleman.

--
Vy 73 de Bert
WA2SI

Steve Robeson K4CAP October 25th 04 05:25 PM

Subject: An Apology To Hans
From: "Bert Craig" OSPAM
Date: 10/25/2004 9:52 AM Central Standard Time

Spoken like a gentleman.

Thanks, Bert.

73

Steve, K4YZ

Hans K0HB October 26th 04 01:37 AM

(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote

Hans, I was wrong, I stand corrected, and hereby offer my apology.

Apology accepted. Thank you.

de Hans, K0HB

Steve Robeson K4CAP October 26th 04 09:43 AM

From: (Hans K0HB)
Date: 10/25/2004 7:37 PM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote

Hans, I was wrong, I stand corrected, and hereby offer my apology.

Apology accepted. Thank you.

You're welcome.

73

Steve, K4YZ

Dan/W4NTI October 26th 04 09:10 PM

From: (Hans K0HB)
Date: 10/25/2004 7:37 PM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote

Hans, I was wrong, I stand corrected, and hereby offer my apology.

Apology accepted. Thank you.

You're welcome.

73

Steve, K4YZ

Good show gents.

Dan/W4NTI

William October 27th 04 03:23 AM

From: (Hans K0HB)
Date: 10/25/2004 7:37 PM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote

Hans, I was wrong, I stand corrected, and hereby offer my apology.

Apology accepted. Thank you.

You're welcome.

73

Steve, K4YZ

Good show gents.

Dan/W4NTI

Indeed. An extremely rare occassion that makes the word "all" and
"always" no longer applicable. Maybe yesterday, but not after today.

Or is it just a hedge?

After all, the ARRL has yet to respond. Then there is 73 Magazine,
the defunct Ham Radio magazine, World Radio, Nuts & Volts, and the
JARL publications.

Maybe it's time to explore all of the historical RSBG letters to the
editor.

Leave no stone unturned.

"I've never apologized in my life, EXCEPT that one time to Hans..."

Shamed into it by the NCTA. I guess we do have a use.

Hi, hi!

Steve Robeson K4CAP October 27th 04 09:45 AM

From: (William)
Date: 10/26/2004 9:23 PM Central Standard Time
"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
link.net...
From:
(Hans K0HB)
Date: 10/25/2004 7:37 PM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote

Hans, I was wrong, I stand corrected, and hereby offer my apology.

Apology accepted. Thank you.

You're welcome.

73

Steve, K4YZ

Good show gents.

Dan/W4NTI

Indeed. An extremely rare occassion that makes the word "all" and
"always" no longer applicable. Maybe yesterday, but not after today.

Or is it just a hedge?

After all, the ARRL has yet to respond.

Yes, they have, actually:

QUOTE

Steve,

I have a couple of possibilities for you:

Jul 1992 QST p 40--Wally and Mike: The Podunk Repeater Club--Kearman, Jim, KR1S

May 2000, “Correspondence,” “No Lids, No Kids, No Space Cadets” by Dave
Mitchell, K8DM

If that particular installment of "Wally and Mike" isn't the one you remember,
it may have been another in the series. Search the on-line index for author
KR1S and you'll find the others.

Hope this is helpful.

73, Joel
Joel P. Kleinman, N1BKE
Managing Editor, QST

UNQUOTE

You'd do well to NOT make assertions of fact for those things which you do
not KNOW to be fact, Brain.

Shamed into it by the NCTA. I guess we do have a use.

You have shamed NO ONE, least of all me, into anything, Brain.

Hi, hi!

You SHOULD laugh, Brain.

You've been chastising OTHERS for a week now over "apologizing" for making
errors, etc, however YOU have yet to make good on assertions and mistruths that
were uttered AFTER comments were made that made your assertions utterly
rediculous.

So when are we going to see what kind of man YOU are, Brain...???

Or have we already seen it?

Steve, K4YZ

William October 27th 04 04:23 PM

From:
(William)
Date: 10/26/2004 9:23 PM Central Standard Time
"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
link.net...
From:
(Hans K0HB)
Date: 10/25/2004 7:37 PM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote

[...]

So which one of the above did Hans plagiarize? Or should Hans have
sent a clarifying note to the ARRL also?

You'd do well to NOT make assertions of fact for those things which you do
not KNOW to be fact, Brain.

"Sorry Hans, MARS IS Amateur Radio!" is not an apology, and it's
not even a fact.

You'd do well to take your own advice.

Shamed into it by the NCTA. I guess we do have a use.

You have shamed NO ONE, least of all me, into anything, Brain.

Then you have no shame, a'la Clinton.

Hi, hi!

You SHOULD laugh, Brain.

Hi, hi, again!

You've been chastising OTHERS for a week now over "apologizing" for making
errors, etc, however YOU have yet to make good on assertions and mistruths that
were uttered AFTER comments were made that made your assertions utterly
rediculous.

That old song and dance is getting, well, older. But it's good to see
you apologize for making such stupid accusations at least this time.

You have mountains of stupid accusations to work on. Best of Luck.

William October 29th 04 03:09 PM

"Lloyd" wrote in message ...
"Steve Robeson K4CAP" wrote in message
OK, here it is...

I haven't gotten a response from the League, and since all evidence is
that I jumped the gun, I was admittedly wrong in my accusation over Hans'
authorship of the article I was questioning him on.

Hans, I was wrong, I stand corrected, and hereby offer my apology.

Respectfully submitted,

Steve Robeson, LPN K4YZ

YAWWWWWWWWWWWWN!

Same group of four-year-olds who have been fighting and
making up in r.r.a.p. for the last eight years. No life,
absolutely no life. Only one missing is Phil.

73,

Lloyd

Nope. We've got some new interlopers: Quitefine and Darkguard.