Old December 3rd 04, 10:12 PM
robert casey

Randy A. Hefner wrote:
The problem with many (not all) ham radio operators is that they think they
own the frequencies assigned to them and they have a "right" to use them.

Neither is true!

In one sense we hams all "own the ham band frequencies", ie,
the FCC allocated them for us to use. But no one ham has
exclusive right to any one frequency. You first check that
the frequency is clear, then use it, then when you're done
give it up for others to use.
Old December 3rd 04, 10:15 PM
robert casey

Also, Baxter is a felonious lawbreaker. He's a criminal and a punk. No
more...No less.

Aside from violating a few FCC part 97 rules, what did
he do?
Old December 3rd 04, 10:48 PM
KØHB

"Charles Brabham" wrote

This is because CW uses prosigns and abbreviations (such as the Q-Code) which
mean the same thing world
wide regardless of language. Now, what other mode allows you to do that?

Pretty much any mode. The "Q-code" is the same in CW, spoken, ASCII, Baudot, or
even waved with semaphore flags.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old December 3rd 04, 11:32 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Alun" wrote in message
"Randy A. Hefner" wrote in
:

The problem with many (not all) ham radio operators is that they think
they own the frequencies assigned to them and they have a "right" to
use them.

Neither is true!

Randy
KD4OWL

"Psychiatrist to Hams" wrote in message

"HammComm" wrote in message
. com...
K1MAN does it he's a jammer and a lid.

W1AW does it it's a service to the amateur radio community.

Hams are hypocrites, just little whiners who got their asses kick at
school everyday now they think they're something.

Hams like to whine & cry.
To wit:

-A.M. guys whined & cried about how sideband was the ruin of ham
radio. -Incentive licensing ruined ham radio.
-No code licenses will ruin ham radio.
-ARRL is ruining ham radio.
-KV4FZ will ruin ham radio.
-K1MAN will ruin ham radio.
-(this space reserved for future whining & crying.)

---

This whole thread so far seems like a troll, but if it is it's not really
working, because you're right.

There is a large contingent of hams who don't want anything to change,
ever. For a technology based hobby that's a seriously weird POV, as the
whole basis of technology is change itself. Change is as inevitable as
death and taxes.

FWIW, I have no problem with K1MAN, as I don't see much difference between
his bulletins and those of W1AW. The only differences are of the same

order
as those between, say, ABC and CBS. The remedy is also the same, i.e. if
you don't like one or the other, change the channel/frequency.

The international requirement for a code test had a beginning and an end.
It began in 1927, and ended in 2003. It wasn't there at the beginning of
the hobby, and it's not there now. It's a pity that the FCC will take so
long to do anything about it, but they will. Hopefully then this issue

will
go the same way as spark and AM.

73 de Alun, N3KIP

The issue can't go the same as spark and AM as these two activities went
different directions. Spark is simply not allowed due to the fact that it
chews up so much spectrum. On the other hand AM is still allowed and has
developed into a niche subhobby of ham radio. While the code test may go
away, I doubt if code will be forbidden. And due to its usefulness, it's
unlikely to descend to the small niche that AM has.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old December 4th 04, 12:28 AM
KØHB

"Steve Robeson K4YZ" wrote

I dare you to say it over your Amateur Radio station knowing that the FCC
is monitoring, Dee. I consider it profane, approximately or otherwise, and so
does Uncle.

Please use your assigned callsign, and make sure you remind all listeners
that it's "merely" vulgar, and not "profane". I am sure they will be
impressed
as they write out the citation.

First, this newsgroup isn't Amateur Radio and FCC doesn't give a rats ass what
we write here.

Second, even though "profane" or even "vulgar" language is in bad taste on
Amateur Radio, it is not illegal so no citation has been (nor would be) issued
for "profane" or "vulgar".

Obscenity would get you a citation, but bull**** is not on the famous "7 words"
list.

Sunuvagun!

73, de Hans, K0HB
---
The good old days ain't what they used to be, but then again, they never were.

Old December 4th 04, 12:38 AM
Sal M. Onella

"robert casey" wrote in message
k.net...
Randy A. Hefner wrote:
The problem with many (not all) ham radio operators is that they think

they
own the frequencies assigned to them and they have a "right" to use

them.

Neither is true!

In one sense we hams all "own the ham band frequencies", ie,
the FCC allocated them for us to use. But no one ham has
exclusive right to any one frequency. You first check that
the frequency is clear, then use it, then when you're done
give it up for others to use.

We did encounter one looney a few years ago who said a certain repeater
output was his frequency. It had been given to him by somebody he named (a
name that none of us had ever heard). He stepped on our QSOs, using his
own, real callsign, for a few hours and then no more. Padded cell time,
maybe.

"Sal"

Old December 4th 04, 12:44 AM
Charles Brabham

Hans has a point, there. - But like most folks, I don't skate around the
edges of the law while on the air; preferring to have a bit of cushion
there. A little extra civility while on the air is a very good policy in my
opinion, law or no law.

Charles, N5PVL

k.net...

Old December 4th 04, 01:06 AM
Steve Robeson K4YZ

Subject: amateur radio hypocrites
From: "KØHB"
Date: 12/3/2004 6:28 PM Central Standard Time

"Steve Robeson K4YZ" wrote

I dare you to say it over your Amateur Radio station knowing that the

FCC
is monitoring, Dee. I consider it profane, approximately or otherwise, and

so
does Uncle.

Please use your assigned callsign, and make sure you remind all

listeners
that it's "merely" vulgar, and not "profane". I am sure they will be
impressed
as they write out the citation.

First, this newsgroup isn't Amateur Radio and FCC doesn't give a rats ass
what
we write here.

I guess you're just too busy looking for an opportunity to be the bully to
ead what was wrote.

you can.

Second, even though "profane" or even "vulgar" language is in bad taste on
Amateur Radio, it is not illegal so no citation has been (nor would be)
issued
for "profane" or "vulgar".

Sure it does.

Obscenity would get you a citation, but bull**** is not on the famous "7
words"
list.

Doesn't matter what list it may or may not be on, Hans. Lesser
profanites have earned the FCC's ire. Mere description of the sex act, sans
graphic language has earned citations.

Sunuvagun!

Sunuvagun yourself, Hans. Now...Get out of the bully mode, try and
understand that not everyone is overly impressed with your underwhelming
knowledge.

Cussing louder and more frequently does NOT make you more easily
understood...It just makes you look like a foul mouthed old man who's
frustrated with his waning ability to hold a person's attention just by being
overbearing and abusive.

Steve, K4YZ