RadioBanter

-   -   Character counts (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/28032-character-counts.html)

Mike Coslo December 31st 04 07:57 PM

Character counts

The pubs have found the way to clean up congress:

http://tinyurl.com/5w3ct

bb December 31st 04 09:56 PM

The dems booed the boy scouts of america while they brought out a flag
and recited the pledge of allegiance at their 1996 convention. I have
no respect whatsoever for the people [resent who dit not try to stop
it, who allowed it to continue, and did not afterwards censure the
people who propagated it.

As you seem to believe, character does count.

So, Michael, please name one liberal (or "democrat") organization that
promotes character in boys and yound men?

I wish you the very best of luck on that one, and I do hope that you
succeed.

bb

Mike Coslo December 31st 04 11:44 PM

bb wrote:
The dems booed the boy scouts of america while they brought out a flag
and recited the pledge of allegiance at their 1996 convention. I have
no respect whatsoever for the people [resent who dit not try to stop
it, who allowed it to continue, and did not afterwards censure the
people who propagated it.

What is the logic behind your answer?

As you seem to believe, character does count.

So, Michael, please name one liberal (or "democrat") organization that
promotes character in boys and yound men?

I know lots of Democrats that support the Boy Scouts, and lots of
independents. You take what SOME people who align themselves with the
Democrats do and apply that to the whole.

That is a losing game, as there are segments of Republicans that are
similarly fringy.

I wish you the very best of luck on that one, and I do hope that you
succeed.

So it is okay to be corrupt as long as you are a Republican. Good to
see where exactly you are coming from.

- Mike KB3EIA -

bb January 1st 05 02:15 AM

""" What is the logic behind your answer?"""

Must my answer confrom to liberal logic?

As you seem to believe, character does count.

So, Michael, please name one liberal (or "democrat") organization

that
promotes character in boys and yound men?

I know lots of Democrats that support the Boy Scouts, and lots of
independents.

Wunnerful. I know lots of people, too! That is NOT THE ISSUE!

Why was the BSA booed at the """DNC Convention""" while they brought
out the American Flad and recited the Pledge of Allegiance?

Why???

"""You take what SOME people who align themselves with the
Democrats do and apply that to the whole."""

ABSO-FRIGGIN-LUTELY!!! Every Democrat has to accept responsibility for
that act.
Were they Mujahadeen???

And I take what happened at the DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL
____CONVENTION 0___ to represent the Democratic PARTY!!!

If you don't like it, find a new party.

"""That is a losing game, as there are segments of Republicans that are

similarly fringy."""

Oh, my. People that believe in God. Wonder if Jews beieve in God?
Wonder if Palistinians believe in God? Wonder if Methodists believe in
God? Wonder if Rev Jim believes in God?

It's just so awful that there are still luddites that believe in God.

NYT says "God is Dead!"

But we must have a Palestinian State because Allah wants it.

I wish you the very best of luck on that one, and I do hope that you
succeed.

"""So it is okay to be corrupt as long as you are a Republican.
Good to
see where exactly you are coming from."""

WTF did that come from? Must be somekindof Al Franken spagmasm???
Wonder where Geneen Giraffala weighed in on that one???

Anyhow, you failed to name a single liberal youth organization
that promotes character. And I know why that is. It's so friggin easy
to know why that is.

C'mon liberal Mike. Ask me why it's so easy to know that. C'mon, ask
why!!!

- Mike KB3EIA -

Mike, I noticed that you failed to list any liberal organization that
was pro character building.

"Reply"

Oh, my! 2004 becoming 2005. My 10YO Cub Scouts/America son just got
an Eddie Bauer 0 deg sleeping bag. And he earned his just "readyman"
badge and knows the basics of first aid. Maybe someday he'll hike-in
and save your liberal ass.

N2EY January 1st 05 02:03 PM

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

The pubs have found the way to clean up congress:

http://tinyurl.com/5w3ct

Fascinating!

I wonder why they want to change that standard?

73 de Jim, N2EY

Mike Coslo January 1st 05 03:11 PM

bb wrote:

[...]

Brian, get help.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Mike Coslo January 1st 05 03:40 PM

bb wrote:

""" What is the logic behind your answer?"""

Must my answer confrom to liberal logic?

As opposed to your logic? Is your logic conservative logic?

As you seem to believe, character does count.

So, Michael, please name one liberal (or "democrat") organization

that
promotes character in boys and yound men?

Do the republicans own the Boy scouts?

I know lots of Democrats that support the Boy Scouts, and lots of
independents.

Wunnerful. I know lots of people, too! That is NOT THE ISSUE!

The issue is that republicans are considering puttin through
legislation that weakens ethics rules.

Why was the BSA booed at the """DNC Convention""" while they brought
out the American Flad and recited the Pledge of Allegiance?

Why???

"""You take what SOME people who align themselves with the
Democrats do and apply that to the whole."""

ABSO-FRIGGIN-LUTELY!!! Every Democrat has to accept responsibility for
that act.
Were they Mujahadeen???

And I take what happened at the DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL
____CONVENTION 0___ to represent the Democratic PARTY!!!

If you don't like it, find a new party.

Ain't my party, Brian!

"""That is a losing game, as there are segments of Republicans that are

similarly fringy."""

Oh, my. People that believe in God. Wonder if Jews beieve in God?
Wonder if Palistinians believe in God? Wonder if Methodists believe in
God? Wonder if Rev Jim believes in God?

So all you have to do is to Believe in God, and whatever else you do is
okay?

It's just so awful that there are still luddites that believe in God.

NYT says "God is Dead!"

But we must have a Palestinian State because Allah wants it.

I wish you the very best of luck on that one, and I do hope that you
succeed.

"""So it is okay to be corrupt as long as you are a Republican.
Good to
see where exactly you are coming from."""

WTF did that come from? Must be somekindof Al Franken spagmasm???
Wonder where Geneen Giraffala weighed in on that one???

It is what you are saying. I note that Republicans are considering
legislation to weaken the ethics rules, and you answer that Democrats
don't support the Boy Scouts, and that Republicans believe in God.

You never even addressed the original question.

So YES, you ARE saying that it is okay to be corrupt as long as you are
Republican!

Anyhow, you failed to name a single liberal youth organization
that promotes character. And I know why that is. It's so friggin easy
to know why that is.

C'mon liberal Mike. Ask me why it's so easy to know that. C'mon, ask
why!!!

HAH, Good one Brian. I am not liberal. I am independent, registered and
otherwise. I take my political philosophy from what is out there, and
think about it, rather than just do what "my party" tells me to.

So from your other postings, I can tell you that in some respects you
are what to the left of my philosophy. You don't know what all my
positions are because they can't be looked up by party platform.

So whats it like being a liberal by comparison.

I'm interested in all politicians being ethical, not just Republicans.
Is that a bad thing? Is is a good idea? Might it be better to think
about it rather than respond by accusing me of not supporting the Boy
scouts, being a liberal, or that

- Mike KB3EIA -

Mike, I noticed that you failed to list any liberal organization that
was pro character building.

Yeah, the Boy scouts.

I don't see anything about the Boy scouts being a republican or
conservative organization.

Oh, my! 2004 becoming 2005. My 10YO Cub Scouts/America son just got
an Eddie Bauer 0 deg sleeping bag. And he earned his just "readyman"
badge and knows the basics of first aid. Maybe someday he'll hike-in
and save your liberal ass.

Brian, spare me the foaming at the mouth stuff. If you want to believe
that the Boy scouts are the reason that it is okay for the Republicans
to soften up the ethics rules. Then so be it, I'll accept that as your
answer. I was in the Boy scouts, My son was in the Cub souts and Boy
Scouts. I occasionally make presentations to the local Boy Scouts as
part of their meetings or to get interest going for possible merit badge
work. I have been asked and am considering being a merit badge counseler.

I might suggest going back and reading the Scout oath and Scout law.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Mike Coslo January 1st 05 03:49 PM

N2EY wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

The pubs have found the way to clean up congress:

http://tinyurl.com/5w3ct

Fascinating!

I wonder why they want to change that standard?

The immediate purpose is to get Tom DeLay out of his ethics situation.

- Mike KB3EIA -

bb January 1st 05 05:29 PM

Mike Coslo wrote:
bb wrote:

""" What is the logic behind your answer?"""

Must my answer confrom to liberal logic?

As opposed to your logic? Is your logic conservative logic?

In most respects. I have voted for levy's for programs which help
addicted people.

As you seem to believe, character does count.

So, Michael, please name one liberal (or "democrat") organization

that
promotes character in boys and yound men?

Do the republicans own the Boy scouts?

That isn't the point.

The point is that at the Democratic National Convention, the Boy Scouts
were booed while performing a flag ceremony and reciting the Pledge of
Allegiance. It was televised.

I know lots of Democrats that support the Boy Scouts, and lots of
independents.

Wunnerful. I know lots of people, too! That is NOT THE ISSUE!

The issue is that republicans are considering puttin through
legislation that weakens ethics rules.

So stop them.

Why was the BSA booed at the """DNC Convention""" while they

brought
out the American Flad and recited the Pledge of Allegiance?

Why???

"""You take what SOME people who align themselves with the
Democrats do and apply that to the whole."""

ABSO-FRIGGIN-LUTELY!!! Every Democrat has to accept responsibility

for
that act.
Were they Mujahadeen???

And I take what happened at the DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL
____CONVENTION 0___ to represent the Democratic PARTY!!!

If you don't like it, find a new party.

Ain't my party, Brian!

Ah, yes. An Independant. Why are the Indies always hitching rides on
that platform?

"""That is a losing game, as there are segments of Republicans that

are

similarly fringy."""

Oh, my. People that believe in God. Wonder if Jews beieve in God?
Wonder if Palistinians believe in God? Wonder if Methodists

believe in
God? Wonder if Rev Jim believes in God?

So all you have to do is to Believe in God, and whatever else you do

is
okay?

Huh???

You brought up "fringies." Right now that means the Christians. You
know, people who attend church. Declaring ones faith and attending
church somehow makes a person bad.

[...]

Absolutely not.

Anyhow, you failed to name a single liberal youth

organization
that promotes character. And I know why that is. It's so friggin

easy
to know why that is.

C'mon liberal Mike. Ask me why it's so easy to know that. C'mon,

ask
why!!!

HAH, Good one Brian. I am not liberal. I am independent, registered

and
otherwise. I take my political philosophy from what is out there, and

think about it, rather than just do what "my party" tells me to.

Wow! By declaring a party, the conservative voter need not even see
the ballot. They must vote the party line.

I hadn't known that. Thanks for a lesson in civics and the
rightiousness of being Independant.

FYI, having core values and beliefs doesn't bind you vote for poor
candidates, unless you are offered only poor candidates to vote for.
Many unfortunate voters find themselves voting for "the lesser of two
evils." As a result, many conservative voters stay home and the left
takes over.

So from your other postings, I can tell you that in some respects

you
are what to the left of my philosophy. You don't know what all my
positions are because they can't be looked up by party platform.

So whats it like being a liberal by comparison.

Sweet. Apparently I'm all things to all people. ;^)

I'm interested in all politicians being ethical, not just

Republicans.
Is that a bad thing? Is is a good idea? Might it be better to think
about it rather than respond by accusing me of not supporting the Boy

scouts, being a liberal, or that

Ethics is a good thing. Politics is something else.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Mike, I noticed that you failed to list any liberal organization

that
was pro character building.

Yeah, the Boy scouts.

Good answer. Hi!

I don't see anything about the Boy scouts being a republican or
conservative organization.

The organization teaches self reliance, personal achievement and
personal responsibility among other things. They constantly work on
civic projects which rely upon volunteerism and donations, not taxes
and more government workers.

The BSA doesn't have a welfare merit badge.

Oh, my! 2004 becoming 2005. My 10YO Cub Scouts/America son just

got
an Eddie Bauer 0 deg sleeping bag. And he earned his just

"readyman"
badge and knows the basics of first aid. Maybe someday he'll

hike-in
and save your liberal ass.

Brian, spare me the foaming at the mouth stuff.

It's just like the "Morse Code will someday save us all" froth.

Somehow I thought it just might ring a bell in here. Guess not, sorry
to have even tried.

If you want to believe
that the Boy scouts are the reason that it is okay for the

Republicans
to soften up the ethics rules. Then so be it, I'll accept that as

your
answer. I was in the Boy scouts, My son was in the Cub souts and Boy
Scouts. I occasionally make presentations to the local Boy Scouts as
part of their meetings or to get interest going for possible merit

badge
work. I have been asked and am considering being a merit badge

counseler.

I brought up the 1996 incident where the Democrats booed the BSA at
their national convention. I said nothing about the Republicans.

Why you continue with your charade that the BSA is giving the
Republicans a pass on ethics is beyond me.

I might suggest going back and reading the Scout oath and Scout law.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Thanks, I will.

On my honor I will do my best To do my duty to God and my country And
to obey the Scout law; To help other people at all times; To keep
myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.

Mike Coslo January 1st 05 06:48 PM

bb wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote:

bb wrote:

""" What is the logic behind your answer?"""

Must my answer confrom to liberal logic?

As opposed to your logic? Is your logic conservative logic?

In most respects. I have voted for levy's for programs which help
addicted people.

As you seem to believe, character does count.

So, Michael, please name one liberal (or "democrat") organization

that

promotes character in boys and yound men?

Do the republicans own the Boy scouts?

That isn't the point.

The point is that at the Democratic National Convention, the Boy Scouts
were booed while performing a flag ceremony and reciting the Pledge of
Allegiance. It was televised.

That's nice, Brian. Why are you bothering me about the Democrats? I
ain't one!

I know lots of Democrats that support the Boy Scouts, and lots of
independents.

Wunnerful. I know lots of people, too! That is NOT THE ISSUE!

The issue is that republicans are considering puttin through
legislation that weakens ethics rules.

So stop them.

I can't. But I can note what they are doing as long as it remains legal.

Why was the BSA booed at the """DNC Convention""" while they

brought

out the American Flad and recited the Pledge of Allegiance?

Why???

"""You take what SOME people who align themselves with the
Democrats do and apply that to the whole."""

ABSO-FRIGGIN-LUTELY!!! Every Democrat has to accept responsibility

for

that act.
Were they Mujahadeen???

And I take what happened at the DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL
____CONVENTION 0___ to represent the Democratic PARTY!!!

If you don't like it, find a new party.

Ain't my party, Brian!

Ah, yes. An Independant. Why are the Indies always hitching rides on
that platform?

How's that? My voting record has been about 65-70 percent Republican.
The party has taken a decidedly liberal shift as of late though

"""That is a losing game, as there are segments of Republicans that

are

similarly fringy."""

Oh, my. People that believe in God. Wonder if Jews beieve in God?
Wonder if Palistinians believe in God? Wonder if Methodists

believe in

God? Wonder if Rev Jim believes in God?

So all you have to do is to Believe in God, and whatever else you do

is

okay?

Huh???

You brought up "fringies." Right now that means the Christians. You
know, people who attend church. Declaring ones faith and attending
church somehow makes a person bad.

I think I see something here, Brian. I write something, and you see
something else. If I meant Christians, I would have said Christians. Not
all Christians are Republicans. My family is for the most part, devout
Christians and they are not Republicans.

In your effort to make this so Black and white, you put words in my
mouth. Don't, if you want to discuss things in a rational manner.

Republican fringe groups:

Neocons - Neocons are liberals that have had waaaay too much coffee and
have a nasty attitude for it. They are liberalizing the Republican party
at exactly the right time for their purposes. At this time, a lot of the
republican faithful are so polarized against Democrats that if the party
platform were to become a clone of FDR's New deal, they would rally
behind it.

The far right nasty groups. These take many forms, such as the new south
people that want history "revised", to the people that want to rewrite
science under the guise of their religion. Don't tell me this is
dissing Christians. This is ideology. This is the same thing as when the
Commies in Russia decided that genetics was not compatible with their
stupid workers revolution. They believed that will power could allow
animals to change themselves in amazingly short period of time. Fact is
it was suppression of fact, and they eventually paid for it.

Now are their fringe groups on the Democrat side? You betcha. They have
the "alternative sexual reality groups, they have the academic left,
they have them to match the pubs, just on the other side of the spectrum.

What I am telling you is that your party is being hijacked by liberals.
And enough Pubs are going to go along with that.

[...]

Seems that way sometimes.

I hadn't known that. Thanks for a lesson in civics and the
rightiousness of being Independant.

Any time.

FYI, having core values and beliefs doesn't bind you vote for poor
candidates, unless you are offered only poor candidates to vote for.
Many unfortunate voters find themselves voting for "the lesser of two
evils." As a result, many conservative voters stay home and the left
takes over.

And vice versa. Don't vote, don't bitch!

[...]

Who you having the discussion with, Brian? I never have and never will
say that. I think I'm on record as saying something to the effect that
if and when the test goes away, I'll get up in the morning, have my
coffee and go on with my life without missing a beat.

[...]

You brought it up as the reply to my post. Was it a total non sequitur
sort of thing, such as if you were to say. It's a nice day, and I
answered "Yeah, but Richard Nixon was a crook"?

I might suggest going back and reading the Scout oath and Scout law.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Thanks, I will.

On my honor I will do my best To do my duty to God and my country And
to obey the Scout law; To help other people at all times; To keep
myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.

Don't forget the Scout law!

- Mike KB3EIA -