RadioBanter

-   -   N9OGL to begin broadcast in Amateur Band (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/28035-n9ogl-begin-broadcast-amateur-band.html)

robert casey January 2nd 05 08:57 PM

Todd Daugherty wrote:
Sometime in January N9OGL well begin to broadcast his program in the Amateur
band. The time, start up date and frequency has not yet been determined.
However, it will probably be in the 15 or 10 meter band. I'll keep you all
posted.

Todd N9OGL

Sure....

In any event "broadcasting" a program over radio is way less
efficient compared to posting that program's material
on a web page. A web site is always available, and can
be accessed world wide. And it doesn't clog the radio
spectrum that was allocated for 2 way comms.

JAMES HAMPTON January 2nd 05 09:38 PM

"robert casey" wrote in message
link.net...
Todd Daugherty wrote:
Sometime in January N9OGL well begin to broadcast his program in the

Amateur
band. The time, start up date and frequency has not yet been determined.
However, it will probably be in the 15 or 10 meter band. I'll keep you

all
posted.

Todd N9OGL

Sure....

In any event "broadcasting" a program over radio is way less
efficient compared to posting that program's material
on a web page. A web site is always available, and can
be accessed world wide. And it doesn't clog the radio
spectrum that was allocated for 2 way comms.

Hello, Bob

Too obvious a solution for some. Then again, some folks may think that
others simply enjoy hearing their voice ;)

Perhaps a rule should be made. Anyone broadcasting stuff for amateurs (such
as the ARRL) can only broadcast it in Morse. That would cut the bandwidth
;)

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

K4ZDH\Just Call Me Bill\ January 2nd 05 09:44 PM

"Todd Daugherty" wrote in message

: Sometime in January N9OGL well begin to broadcast his program in the
Amateur
: band. The time, start up date and frequency has not yet been determined.
: However, it will probably be in the 15 or 10 meter band. I'll keep you all
: posted.
:
: Todd N9OGL
:

Please let me know when you start. I'd love to exchange QSLs with you.

"Bill"

Jerry January 3rd 05 01:13 AM

"K4ZDH"Just Call Me Bill"" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Todd Daugherty" wrote in message

: Sometime in January N9OGL well begin to broadcast his program in the
Amateur
: band. The time, start up date and frequency has not yet been determined.
: However, it will probably be in the 15 or 10 meter band. I'll keep you
all
: posted.
:
: Todd N9OGL
:

Please let me know when you start. I'd love to exchange QSLs with you.

"Bill"

How many callsigns did you "imp" before this one?

(How many happen to know who it belongs to?)

JAMES HAMPTON January 3rd 05 01:34 AM

"Jerry" wrote in message
.. .

"K4ZDH"Just Call Me Bill"" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Todd Daugherty" wrote in message

: Sometime in January N9OGL well begin to broadcast his program in the
Amateur
: band. The time, start up date and frequency has not yet been

determined.
: However, it will probably be in the 15 or 10 meter band. I'll keep you
all
: posted.
:
: Todd N9OGL
:

Please let me know when you start. I'd love to exchange QSLs with you.

"Bill"

How many callsigns did you "imp" before this one?

(How many happen to know who it belongs to?)

Hello, Jerry

Um ... not a big deal .. with a look up of over 9,000 - might we gently
assume it is someone associated with the FCC that also happens to have an
amateur license?

VBG

Jerry, please be advised (and I think you don't need the advisement) that
many folks on the rec.radio.amateur.policy group as well as rec.radio.cb
group are not exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer .... :))

Dave Heil January 3rd 05 04:38 AM

robert casey wrote:

Todd Daugherty wrote:
Sometime in January N9OGL well begin to broadcast his program in the Amateur
band. The time, start up date and frequency has not yet been determined.
However, it will probably be in the 15 or 10 meter band. I'll keep you all
posted.

Todd N9OGL

Sure....

In any event "broadcasting" a program over radio is way less
efficient compared to posting that program's material
on a web page. A web site is always available, and can
be accessed world wide. And it doesn't clog the radio
spectrum that was allocated for 2 way comms.

If Todd does crank up his "broadcast", he's set himself up by calling it
a "broadcast".

It appears that Todd has stepped in the bucket.

Dave K8MN

Todd Daugherty January 3rd 05 05:48 PM

Hello, "Bill"

I don't know where your located but the program will probably be during the
evening hours around 9.00 to 9.30 PM CST. We will have both National and
International Amateur Radio Information as well as local Amateur Information
like nets ect, ect.

Todd N9OGL

Todd Daugherty January 4th 05 08:23 PM

Hello again everyone!!

I had finished the first program and I will air it tomorrow night (January
4) at 9.00 pm CST on 28.550 MHz

Todd N9OGL

robert casey January 4th 05 10:10 PM

Todd Daugherty wrote:

Hello again everyone!!

I had finished the first program and I will air it tomorrow night (January
4) at 9.00 pm CST on 28.550 MHz

Great choice of band.....

Not only is propagation rare at night on ten, it's now
at the bottom of the sunspot cycle which means rare
propagation even in daytime......

One positive thing is that you won't be bothering
anyone beyond a hundred miles around your QTH. ;-)