RadioBanter

-   -   Why does the ARRL seem to NOT want hams to join? (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/74329-why-does-arrl-seem-not-want-hams-join.html)

an_old_friend July 10th 05 05:02 AM

Why does the ARRL seem to NOT want hams to join?

I am not currently a meber of the ARRL. The ARRL sent me a letter
trying to get me to join.

First thing, they don't me by Name, they use my Call letters as if they
were name, they are not

Summer asks that if you have "ways the ARRL has let you down to tel
them

Tried about a week ago still not even a response of a form note to my
email

You know this is not the way for the ARRL to get someone to join.

(Stevie you can save your typing I already know what you are likely to
say)

robert casey July 10th 05 05:55 AM

an_old_friend wrote:

I am not currently a meber of the ARRL. The ARRL sent me a letter
trying to get me to join.

First thing, they don't me by Name, they use my Call letters as if they
were name, they are not

It's probably a very nerdy thing we do, but most hams adopt
their callsign as a name of sorts. Of course used only in
ham radio circles. Also it makes a unique username for
accounts on ISPs, email accounts and internet forums.

Mike Coslo July 10th 05 11:51 PM

robert casey wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:

I am not currently a meber of the ARRL. The ARRL sent me a letter
trying to get me to join.

First thing, they don't me by Name, they use my Call letters as if they
were name, they are not

It's probably a very nerdy thing we do, but most hams adopt
their callsign as a name of sorts.

For some reason, a lot of other Hams can remember my callsign, but
forget my name. And it's such a hard name.... 8^)

But that's okay.

Of course used only in
ham radio circles. Also it makes a unique username for
accounts on ISPs, email accounts and internet forums.

And it's handy for getting in touch with other Hams too!

- Mike KB3EIA -