RadioBanter

-   -   Hurricane Katrina approaches New Orleans (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/77273-hurricane-katrina-approaches-new-orleans.html)

[email protected] August 29th 05 03:24 AM

Hurricane Katrina approaches New Orleans

http://weather.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/iwsz...tes=:laz069#t2

Note the predictions of damage...

Only three Category 5 hurricanes have hit the USA since records have
been kept. They hit in 1935, 1969 and 1992. 34 years, 23 years, and now
13 years between such storms.

My thoughts and prayers are with those on Katrina's path.

73 de Jim, N2EY

John Johnston August 31st 05 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by
http://weather.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/iwsz...tes=:laz069#t2

Note the predictions of damage...

My thoughts and prayers are with those on Katrina's path.

73 de Jim, N2EY

And did anyone notice K1MAN was advising people to drive to the disaster area? Excuse me, but, what a moron!

J.J.

[email protected] September 4th 05 04:22 PM

wrote:
http://weather.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/iwsz...tes=:laz069#t2

Note the predictions of damage...

Only three Category 5 hurricanes have hit the USA since records have
been kept. They hit in 1935, 1969 and 1992. 34 years, 23 years, and now
13 years between such storms.

Hmmmm? If we keep subtracting 10 years from the inter-storm interval,
the next Cat5 will hit us in three years. Where will it hit, Jim?

an_old_friend September 4th 05 04:47 PM

http://weather.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/iwsz...tes=:laz069#t2

Note the predictions of damage...

Only three Category 5 hurricanes have hit the USA since records have
been kept. They hit in 1935, 1969 and 1992. 34 years, 23 years, and now
13 years between such storms.

Hmmmm? If we keep subtracting 10 years from the inter-storm interval,
the next Cat5 will hit us in three years. Where will it hit, Jim?

no the next hit 7 years ago or is that the storm after that