RadioBanter

-   -   Washington Post Article Mentions Ham Radio in Katrina Disaster (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/77473-washington-post-article-mentions-ham-radio-katrina-disaster.html)

[email protected] September 1st 05 12:19 PM

Washington Post Article Mentions Ham Radio in Katrina Disaster

an_old_friend September 1st 05 03:22 PM

Yea we are there and mentioned but you shoul;d note that almost as
prominat is mention of Text messaging systems based on the cell phone
network

Cmdr Buzz Corey September 1st 05 10:21 PM

an_old_friend wrote:

Yea we are there and mentioned but you shoul;d note that almost as
prominat is mention of Text messaging systems based on the cell phone
network

Which is mostely down.

Dee Flint September 1st 05 11:38 PM

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

Yea we are there and mentioned but you shoul;d note that almost as
prominat is mention of Text messaging systems based on the cell phone
network

And the fact that the cell phones were sporadic and that their batteries
were dying.

All modes of communications need to be utilized to the extent possible but
that one has limited application under these circumstances.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

N7TX September 3rd 05 03:58 PM

"Cmdr Buzz Corey" wrote in message
an_old_friend wrote:

Yea we are there and mentioned but you shoul;d note that almost as
prominat is mention of Text messaging systems based on the cell phone
network

Which is mostely down.

My key is "mostely" down. CW is for fags.

an_old_friend September 3rd 05 05:47 PM

Dee Flint wrote:
"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

Yea we are there and mentioned but you shoul;d note that almost as
prominat is mention of Text messaging systems based on the cell phone
network

And the fact that the cell phones were sporadic and that their batteries
were dying.

and you know I hear on TV that they are also siting in lines for access
to sockets able to recharge them