Old October 7th 05, 11:59 AM
K4YZ

K4YZ wrote:
wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
wrote:
K=D8HB wrote:
wrote

It's a problem when Len posts off-topic

Maybe a problem for you, but it's not a problem for me! I don'=

t call Len down
for being OT.

I just wonder where all the crying hams went that usually call do=

wn Len
for being off topic?

Most of the "crying" about "calling" Lennie for being "off top=

ic"
usually follows one of HIS diatribes wherein HE expends a lot of hot
air and mularkey about what constitutes a propper topic for the
newsgroup.

Ah, yes. Lennie "asks for it." Typical stuff from abusers.

He doesn't "ask for it"...He just get's in kind what he delivers.

Hi!

Hello yourself.

The same sort of spin he generates about others pretending to =

be
"moderator" immediately followed by his pontifications about what HE
perceives as being "appropriate" for discussion.

Strange. I most often read about him being off-topic.

I am sure your scope or reference is a bit myoptic.

And yours is "At least for a short time, a quality of vividness and
clarity of focus in our public discourse..."

Hi!

I already said hello. Memory a bit short, Brian?

Are those radio-telephone crafts?

Yes, as a matter of fact a large part of the recovery work invo=

lves restoring
microwave and cellular radio infrastructure. If you have skill=

s in those areas,
you might investigate the opportunity.

I think Len does. Probably what's keeping him off rrap.

Leonard H Anderson has no interest whatsoever in being part a=

nd
parcel of ANY kind of "public service" work. Lennie's absence is no
doubt due to yet another of his "trips".

How would you know? Are you watching and following Len?

Nope, but that's HIS "standard response".

Right.

We agree....Gee...put THIS day on tha calender!

BTW, Brian, Lennie has publically stated that his last "public
service" effort had to do with the filling of sandbags in
1970-something...His words...Not mine.

Besides...What is needed at present are not "design engineers"
(which is what Lennie CLAIMS to be)...but installers and technicians
(jist as the thread title suggests) to get the new sites up and
running. The technology has already been "set", and each site, oth=

er
than local terrain, is exactly the same as the one next to it. Just
add water and shake.

Strange. I recall Len saying that he had been trained by the US Army
in microwave communications.

You need to re-orient yourself, Brian...

I'm Quitefine in my orientation.

No, you're not.

That was "microwave communications" in the FIFTIES, which bore
absolutely NO resemblence with current "microwave communications".

Gotta love you amateur geniuses always trying to change the physics of
radio in your laughable attempts to discredit Len. Too bad for you.

Do some research on the state of "technology" in 1953 as compared
to today, Brian, to include what was considered "microwave" then as
opposed to today.

Except for perhaps West Point, Army
training is technical in nature; training personnel in the
installation, operation, and maintenance of equipment.

Uh huh...And the "equipment" Lennie was "trained" on required a
walk-in closet to facilitate.

Sounds like many a radio room at the base of a communications tower.

I can do with the stuff on my desktop most of what Lennie claims
he could do in 1953. I'd say that's a bit of a change.

His design experience came later, so Len is actually qualified to do
both.

He's designed nothing. Not one thing. He's BOASTED of being a
"design engineer" for years, and frequently drops the names of projects
whose names appeared in Aviation Week and Space Technology.

You might find some of the systems that I worked on in the Bulletin of
the American Meteorological Societs (BAMS). Have you never worked on
anything worth appearing in a professional publication?

Yep.

But we weren't talking about you, me or meteorological systems,
now were we?

His only "radio" reference, other than being a radio mechanic at
ADA, is the SINCGARS program...A program absolutely irrelevent to
Amateur Radio, but he sure does make sure we hear about it.

And you can't remember the common or technical nomeclature of teh radio
systems that you claim to have used in the USMC.

No...I don't DISCUSS military radios here, Brian. I have NEVER,
not ONCE said "I don't remember"...

That's a LennieSpin. And when repeated by him or you, is a lie.

How is it that you
can remember the name of a system that Len worked on? I guess the
purpose of repititious postings has finally had an effect.

To the point of nausea.

However SINCGARS was NEVER an Avionics system. Nor was it
intended to be.

That bad, bad Len being qualified to do both! Gosh, he must have
decided early in life to lay the foundation to bust all of your rants.
Very inciteful, that Len.

That he managed to do enough to get paid and not so mcuh as to
muck up what ever program he was working on at the time are his ONLY
"contributions" to "radio"

You don't even know the radio systems that you claim to have used, yet
you know that Len has mucked up every program that he has worked on?

Who SAID I don't now them?

Something is really, really wrong with your claims, Steve.

No, Brian, something is very, VERY wrong with your's and Lennie's
stories about them.

Of course too we presently have reams and reams of "front page"
media singing the praises of the Amateur Radio service being able to
"get through" when nothing else can, completely contrary to Lennie's
rhetoric of the past 8 years...

It's such a shame that our professionals waste millions and millions =

of
dollars each year installing, maintaining, and upgrading emergency
comms when a couple of overweight, senior cit hams can lay them all to
waste. Why do they even bother?

Huh? Is Mark Morgan ghost writing for you now?

Itme, itme mispeeeling agin?

Must be awfully embarrassing for him. But it's not the first
itme.

Such a big ego must cause you some embarassment from itme to itme,
tooey.

It's not my "ego" we're discussing...It's Lennie's.

I've just discussed your ego, tooey.

No, it's not.

Steve, K4YZ

Old October 7th 05, 03:27 PM
an old friend

K4YZ wrote:
wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
wrote:

cut

BTW, Brian, Lennie has publically stated that his last "public
service" effort had to do with the filling of sandbags in
1970-something...His words...Not mine.

so what?

Besides...What is needed at present are not "design engineers"
(which is what Lennie CLAIMS to be)...but installers and technicians
(jist as the thread title suggests) to get the new sites up and
running. The technology has already been "set", and each site, other
than local terrain, is exactly the same as the one next to it. Just
add water and shake.

Strange. I recall Len saying that he had been trained by the US Army
in microwave communications.

break
You need to re-orient yourself, Brian...

I'm Quitefine in my orientation.

No, you're not.

that you think he isn't is the best proof a man could ask for that his
orienation is fine

cut
Except for perhaps West Point, Army
training is technical in nature; training personnel in the
installation, operation, and maintenance of equipment.

Uh huh...And the "equipment" Lennie was "trained" on required a
walk-in closet to facilitate.

Sounds like many a radio room at the base of a communications tower.

I can do with the stuff on my desktop most of what Lennie claims
he could do in 1953. I'd say that's a bit of a change.

not in physics it isn't

His design experience came later, so Len is actually qualified to do
both.

He's designed nothing. Not one thing. He's BOASTED of being a
"design engineer" for years, and frequently drops the names of projects
whose names appeared in Aviation Week and Space Technology.

You might find some of the systems that I worked on in the Bulletin of
the American Meteorological Societs (BAMS). Have you never worked on
anything worth appearing in a professional publication?

Yep.

But we weren't talking about you, me or meteorological systems,
now were we?

well Brain was

again claiming that Only Stevie may decide on topics

His only "radio" reference, other than being a radio mechanic at
ADA, is the SINCGARS program...A program absolutely irrelevent to
Amateur Radio, but he sure does make sure we hear about it.

And you can't remember the common or technical nomeclature of teh radio
systems that you claim to have used in the USMC.

No...I don't DISCUSS military radios here, Brian. I have NEVER,
not ONCE said "I don't remember"...

no you called an avoinics system a comissioned officer, it would have
been more convincing if you simply said you don't remember

BTW I remember very about the names of the Radio I came into contacct
with, only SINGARS stuck in my mind at all

That's a LennieSpin. And when repeated by him or you, is a lie.

How is it that you
can remember the name of a system that Len worked on? I guess the
purpose of repititious postings has finally had an effect.

To the point of nausea.

However SINCGARS was NEVER an Avionics system. Nor was it
intended to be.

no one ever said it an avoins systm more of you "Big Lie" stuff

That bad, bad Len being qualified to do both! Gosh, he must have
decided early in life to lay the foundation to bust all of your rants.
Very inciteful, that Len.

That he managed to do enough to get paid and not so mcuh as to
muck up what ever program he was working on at the time are his ONLY
"contributions" to "radio"

You don't even know the radio systems that you claim to have used, yet
you know that Len has mucked up every program that he has worked on?

Who SAID I don't now them?

you

Something is really, really wrong with your claims, Steve.

No, Brian, something is very, VERY wrong with your's and Lennie's
stories about them.

maybe it is that you can't back anything up after demanding that
everyone else do so

Must be awfully embarrassing for him. But it's not the first
itme.

Such a big ego must cause you some embarassment from itme to itme,
tooey.

It's not my "ego" we're discussing...It's Lennie's.

I've just discussed your ego, tooey.

No, it's not.

yes he did

and it is interesting that you are obcessed with Len and I

Steve, K4YZ

Old October 8th 05, 01:58 AM

an old friend wrote:
wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
wrote:
K4YZ wrote:

Besides...What is needed at present are not "design engineers"
(which is what Lennie CLAIMS to be)...but installers and technicians
(jist as the thread title suggests) to get the new sites up and
running. The technology has already been "set", and each site, other
than local terrain, is exactly the same as the one next to it. Just
add water and shake.

Strange. I recall Len saying that he had been trained by the US Army
in microwave communications.

You need to re-orient yourself, Brian...

I'm Quitefine in my orientation.

don'y you know that somehow for daring to oppose Stevie you sudden
became homosexual

S.O.P. from Steve's playbook.

HMM maybe Stevie is right about that perhaps I am bisexual because it
became certain somehow I would oppose Stevie and therefore I suddenly
became interested in Men

Stevie it is all your fault

You might be right.

That was "microwave communications" in the FIFTIES, which bore
absolutely NO resemblence with current "microwave communications".

Gotta love you amateur geniuses always trying to change the physics of
radio in your laughable attempts to discredit Len. Too bad for you.

"The very powerfull and the very have one thing in common they don't
alter thier veiws to fit the facts they alter the facts to fit the
views.... very inconvent if you are a fact in need of altering" (Dr
Who, "the face of evil")

Dr. Who needed better looking women on his show. Could have been
immensely popular.

Except for perhaps West Point, Army
training is technical in nature; training personnel in the
installation, operation, and maintenance of equipment.

Uh huh...And the "equipment" Lennie was "trained" on required a
walk-in closet to facilitate.

Sounds like many a radio room at the base of a communications tower.

or the Shack of most radio clubs

His design experience came later, so Len is actually qualified to do
both.

He's designed nothing. Not one thing. He's BOASTED of being a
"design engineer" for years, and frequently drops the names of projects
whose names appeared in Aviation Week and Space Technology.

You might find some of the systems that I worked on in the Bulletin of
the American Meteorological Societs (BAMS). Have you never worked on
anything worth appearing in a professional publication?

How dare suggest that one of MMM sully himself with anything not using
CW

His only "radio" reference, other than being a radio mechanic at
ADA, is the SINCGARS program...A program absolutely irrelevent to
Amateur Radio, but he sure does make sure we hear about it.

And you can't remember the common or technical nomeclature of teh radio
systems that you claim to have used in the USMC. How is it that you
can remember the name of a system that Len worked on? I guess the
purpose of repititious postings has finally had an effect.

nah he remebers it is just a secret

That bad, bad Len being qualified to do both! Gosh, he must have
decided early in life to lay the foundation to bust all of your rants.
Very inciteful, that Len.

That he managed to do enough to get paid and not so mcuh as to
muck up what ever program he was working on at the time are his ONLY
"contributions" to "radio"

You don't even know the radio systems that you claim to have used, yet
you know that Len has mucked up every program that he has worked on?

Something is really, really wrong with your claims, Steve.

wrong Brain everything is realy wrong with them

Of course too we presently have reams and reams of "front page"
media singing the praises of the Amateur Radio service being able to
"get through" when nothing else can, completely contrary to Lennie's
rhetoric of the past 8 years...

It's such a shame that our professionals waste millions and millions of
dollars each year installing, maintaining, and upgrading emergency
comms when a couple of overweight, senior cit hams can lay them all to
waste. Why do they even bother?

Huh? Is Mark Morgan ghost writing for you now?

Itme, itme mispeeeling agin?

Well I don't do writing FOR ANYONE else without being paid

and I'm broke.

Must be awfully embarrassing for him. But it's not the first
itme.

Such a big ego must cause you some embarassment from itme to itme,
tooey.

It's not my "ego" we're discussing...It's Lennie's.

I've just discussed your ego, tooey.

indeed Stevie claims only he (or does he include the rest of the MMM)
are allowed to decide what is discussed

It would appear that way. Too bad I'm not buying any of that, tooey.

Old October 8th 05, 02:13 AM

K4YZ wrote:
wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
wrote:
K4YZ wrote:

Besides...What is needed at present are not "design engineers"
(which is what Lennie CLAIMS to be)...but installers and technicians
(jist as the thread title suggests) to get the new sites up and
running. The technology has already been "set", and each site, other
than local terrain, is exactly the same as the one next to it. Just
add water and shake.

Strange. I recall Len saying that he had been trained by the US Army
in microwave communications.

You need to re-orient yourself, Brian...

I'm Quitefine in my orientation.

No, you're not.

It's not your place to say.

That was "microwave communications" in the FIFTIES, which bore
absolutely NO resemblence with current "microwave communications".

Gotta love you amateur geniuses always trying to change the physics of
radio in your laughable attempts to discredit Len. Too bad for you.

Do some research on the state of "technology" in 1953 as compared
to today, Brian, to include what was considered "microwave" then as
opposed to today.

I'll allow you the privelege of documenting your research.

Except for perhaps West Point, Army
training is technical in nature; training personnel in the
installation, operation, and maintenance of equipment.

Uh huh...And the "equipment" Lennie was "trained" on required a
walk-in closet to facilitate.

Sounds like many a radio room at the base of a communications tower.

I can do with the stuff on my desktop most of what Lennie claims
he could do in 1953. I'd say that's a bit of a change.

If it's microwave, I'd say you can't.

His design experience came later, so Len is actually qualified to do
both.

He's designed nothing. Not one thing. He's BOASTED of being a
"design engineer" for years, and frequently drops the names of projects
whose names appeared in Aviation Week and Space Technology.

You might find some of the systems that I worked on in the Bulletin of
the American Meteorological Societs (BAMS). Have you never worked on
anything worth appearing in a professional publication?

Yep.

List them.

But we weren't talking about you, me or meteorological systems,
now were we?

Meteorology is a heavy user of communications.

His only "radio" reference, other than being a radio mechanic at
ADA, is the SINCGARS program...A program absolutely irrelevent to
Amateur Radio, but he sure does make sure we hear about it.

And you can't remember the common or technical nomeclature of teh radio
systems that you claim to have used in the USMC.

No...I don't DISCUSS military radios here, Brian.

Of course not. You leave the heavy lifting to Brian Kelly/W3RV and Jim
Miccolis/N2EY, neither of whom has any military experience. I
especially like Jim's admiration of the amateur radio service during
WWII. Hi!

I have NEVER,
not ONCE said "I don't remember"...

Do you?

That's a LennieSpin. And when repeated by him or you, is a lie.

Ho, hum.

How is it that you
can remember the name of a system that Len worked on? I guess the
purpose of repititious postings has finally had an effect.

To the point of nausea.

Then it's working. ;^)

However SINCGARS was NEVER an Avionics system. Nor was it
intended to be.

And you know something of avionics systems? Hi!

That bad, bad Len being qualified to do both! Gosh, he must have
decided early in life to lay the foundation to bust all of your rants.
Very inciteful, that Len.

That he managed to do enough to get paid and not so mcuh as to
muck up what ever program he was working on at the time are his ONLY
"contributions" to "radio"

You don't even know the radio systems that you claim to have used, yet
you know that Len has mucked up every program that he has worked on?

Who SAID I don't now them?

"know"

Something is really, really wrong with your claims, Steve.

No, Brian, something is very, VERY wrong with your's and Lennie's
stories about them.

You can set the record straight at anytime. You have my permission.

[...]

Finish your thought. "No, it's not..." what?

Old October 9th 05, 04:06 AM
an old friend

K4YZ wrote:
wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
wrote:
K4YZ wrote:

cut
Sounds like many a radio room at the base of a communications tower.

I can do with the stuff on my desktop most of what Lennie claims
he could do in 1953. I'd say that's a bit of a change.

If it's microwave, I'd say you can't.

but maybe I can or will be able to before long been slowing spreading
out in that direction

His design experience came later, so Len is actually qualified to do
both.

He's designed nothing. Not one thing. He's BOASTED of being a
"design engineer" for years, and frequently drops the names of projects
whose names appeared in Aviation Week and Space Technology.

You might find some of the systems that I worked on in the Bulletin of
the American Meteorological Societs (BAMS). Have you never worked on
anything worth appearing in a professional publication?

Yep.

List them.

Stevie can't list em will claim he could but he'd have to kill us

But we weren't talking about you, me or meteorological systems,
now were we?

Meteorology is a heavy user of communications.

indeed even a decent source of expecrence in Ham radio ops Skywarn

[...]

now maybe if Len keeps it up Stvie will throw up his bull****?

I doubt it even Len is not that persistant (whichis BTW a nod to Stvie
hard headedness

However SINCGARS was NEVER an Avionics system. Nor was it
intended to be.

And you know something of avionics systems? Hi!

I doubt it.

I am prepared to consider that he may have known something at some
time, in the past but i doubt he knows anything worthwhile about them
today

That bad, bad Len being qualified to do both! Gosh, he must have
decided early in life to lay the foundation to bust all of your rants.
Very inciteful, that Len.

That he managed to do enough to get paid and not so mcuh as to
muck up what ever program he was working on at the time are his ONLY
"contributions" to "radio"

You don't even know the radio systems that you claim to have used, yet
you know that Len has mucked up every program that he has worked on?

Who SAID I don't now them?

"know"

Something is really, really wrong with your claims, Steve.

No, Brian, something is very, VERY wrong with your's and Lennie's
stories about them.

You can set the record straight at anytime. You have my permission.

Such confidence you show in Stevie I fear it is misplaced, I don't
think Stvie can set any record straight

[...]

Gee you must not expect so much out Stevie demanding that he think,
realy that is too much