RadioBanter

-   -   A Merry Solstice To All Our Readers (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/84888-merry-solstice-all-our-readers.html)

Pierian Spring December 23rd 05 12:48 PM

A Merry Solstice To All Our Readers

Now that the onslaught of rather silly and infantile
tirades from the closet CBers has ceased, may
I wish all the readers of this NG everything that they
would wish for themselves in this (belated) season
of Solstice celebrations!

bigamps December 23rd 05 12:56 PM

Pierian Spring wrote:
Now that the onslaught of rather silly and infantile
tirades from the closet CBers

Sorry, I was over on the LinRadio console actually doing ham radio (it's
sunrise here) instead of provoking what could be described as the 21st
century version of Inspiration for the Sex Pistols.

Where were we? Oh yes,

If you were a real ham radio op you'd be on the radio instead of playing
Lord of the Gnats.

Twit.
-W8LNA

Galen, W8LNA December 23rd 05 12:58 PM

Pierian Spring wrote:
Now that the onslaught of rather silly and infantile
tirades from the closet CBers...

Sorry for the delay, I was over on the LinRadio console actually doing

MuppetMaster December 23rd 05 01:00 PM

A Merry Solstice To All Our Readers

Thank you kindly for your good wishes. It is a pleasure to read your
offerings, for all your rantings at times I do believe you are a good
egg.

[email protected] December 23rd 05 01:09 PM

Pierian Spring wrote:
Now that the onslaught of rather silly and infantile
tirades from the closet CBers has ceased, may
I wish all the readers of this NG everything that they
would wish for themselves in this (belated) season
of Solstice celebrations!

Indeed. And here are some seasonal songs specially for you Gareth:

"Santa Claus is Coming to Get Me"

"You Better Watch Out, I'm Gonna Cry, I'm Gonna Pout, Maybe I'll tell
You Why"

"Walking in a Winter Wonderland Miles From My House in My Slippers and
Robe"

"I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus So I Burned Down the House"

"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas While I Sit Here and
Hyperventilate"

73
Mike G4KFK

Mr W Z Boson December 23rd 05 01:23 PM

Pierian Spring wrote:

Now that the onslaught of rather silly and infantile
tirades from the closet CBers has ceased, may
I wish all the readers of this NG everything that they
would wish for themselves in this (belated) season
of Solstice celebrations!

I'm reminded of the words of that great Irish poet, songwriter and
drunkard, Shane MacGowan ...

"Happy Christmas your arse, I pray God it's our last"

... try singing it, it really does rhyme. So all together now ...

"It was Christmas Eve babe ..."

Galen, W8LNA December 23rd 05 01:44 PM

A Merry Solstice To All Our Readers

MuppetMaster wrote:
... I do believe you (Gareth) are a good
egg.

I don't think he is, I think he's someone who finds himself unhappy with
his lot in life and instead of trying to improve what he can (starting
with himself) he instead denigrates what's around him in a futile
attempt to elevate himself. He draws ridicule like a magnet because he
continues to denigrate after receiving helpful and occasionally nasty
suggestions to recognize his deluded behavior. A legend in his own mind
but a joke that has become all too pitiful and no longer funny after too
much repetition in the view of others.

But,
A Happy Holiday Season to all, especially Gareth, I hope you find
yourself someday, you've got too much intelligence to waste on that FAQ
drivel.

Change what you can, recognize what you can't, and move on.

W8LNA

Chaney December 23rd 05 02:58 PM

A Merry Solstice To All Our Readers

I too like Gareth...he never switches allegiance on a whim...and I think he
says what's on his mind...even if most of us don't agree with him...

Merry Christmas whoever you are this week...

--

Chaney

Chaney's World
www.chaney.i12.com

Mr W Z Boson December 23rd 05 08:54 PM

A Merry Solstice To All Our Readers

Walt Davidson wrote:

On 23 Dec 2005 05:23:20 -0800, "Mr W Z Boson"
wrote:

I'm reminded of the words of that great Irish poet, songwriter and
drunkard, Shane MacGowan ...

Quite. Except that Shane is not Irish. Despite false claims that he
is a native of Co. Tipperary, in fact he was born on Christmas Day
1957 in Tunbridge Wells! (Which, by coincidence, is not a million
miles from Gillingham ...)

He won a scholarship to the posh Westminster School, which he attended
for a year until he was expelled (in the interests of street cred, you
understand).
;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_McGowan

When I used to meet him "out on the town" in 1976-77, he spoke with a
strong North London accent.

73 de G3NYY

--
Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com

Well, you live and learn.

Great song nonetheless.

I don't understand the Gillingham reference though.

Mr W Z Boson December 23rd 05 11:27 PM

A Merry Solstice To All Our Readers

Walt Davidson wrote:

On 23 Dec 2005 12:54:15 -0800, "Mr W Z Boson"
wrote:

I don't understand the Gillingham reference though.

You're new here, aren't you?
;-)

73 de G3NYY

--
Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com

Oh right, I've got it now - it's about this BR malarkey isn't it?

tum tee tum.

I really am a bit worried about ARB though - it's all getting a bit OTT.