RadioBanter

-   -   on ending classism in in muliteeired license system, a thought (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/85486-ending-classism-muliteeired-license-system-thought.html)

an_old_friend January 1st 06 12:53 AM

on ending classism in in muliteeired license system, a thought

if there is truly a need for a mulitclass syetm prehaps the solutin is
just to not allow the fcc to rease data on te class of a license holder

the beginner liecense while being non renawabe after a term (TBD) has
the same preveldge of the full license which can be renewed for ever (
I oppose the life licesne to avoid databsebase clogging by dead hams)

[email protected] January 1st 06 01:03 AM

an_old_friend wrote:
if there is truly a need for a mulitclass syetm prehaps the solutin is
just to not allow the fcc to rease data on te class of a license holder

the beginner liecense while being non renawabe after a term (TBD) has
the same preveldge of the full license which can be renewed for ever (
I oppose the life licesne to avoid databsebase clogging by dead hams)

I like my proposal as it allows for the maximum number of classes.

You sit down in front of an examiner and you're given one question at a
time. You get 10Hz for each correct answer. The exam ends when you
miss your first question. No retakes ever. Before you leave the exam,
you write down your frequencies divided up any way you want. The
examiner sends that to the FCC and that is your authorization. They
send you a sequential call. No upgrades. No call sign changes. The
end.