RadioBanter

-   -   cb radio (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/91265-re-cb-radio.html)

Slow Code March 24th 06 09:29 PM

cb radio

(BIG BEN) wrote in
:

hi i may have made a mistake when i got my mobile radio today i wanted
to use my radio at home i don't have a car what should i do take it back
?

To use the CB in the house as a Super-Base, You first need to put it
in a microwave oven and run the oven for ten minutes on high power. This
will harden the internal electronics so you can power it with household
110 volt electricity.

Next, Find an old AC 110V household power cord. Connect the red(+) wire
from the CB Radio to one side, and the black(-) wire from the CB to the
other one. House current is alternating current so it doesn' matter which
is which you connect the wires to. Now, plug it into the wall.

Household power is much higher than the little twelve volts you get from a
small car battery, So you should have a boomming signal. Also, put in 30
amp fuses in the fuse holders so your radio can use the higher power more
effectively. When your radio starts smoking, you know you're getting out
good. Use the instruction manual that came with the CB to wiff away the
smoke if it gets too thick.

HTH, 73

SC

Steveo March 24th 06 09:41 PM