RadioBanter

-   -   "Baffling regulations" (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/91377-baffling-regulations.html)

[email protected] March 26th 06 04:12 AM

"Baffling regulations"

In the April iss issue of QST, David Sumner K1ZZ editorializes the new
public relations campaign "hello..."

In the eighth paragraph, he mentions "baffling regulations."

Merriam-Webster on-line has this to say about baffle:
---
baffle
One entry found for baffle.

Main Entry: 1baf·fle
Pronunciation: 'ba-f&l
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): baf·fled; baf·fling /-f(&-)li[ng]/
Etymology: probably alteration of Middle English (Sc) bawchillen to
denounce, discredit publicly
1 : to defeat or check (as a person) by confusing or puzzling :
DISCONCERT
2 : to check or break the force or flow of by or as if by a baffle
synonym see FRUSTRATE
- baf·fle·ment /-f&l-m&nt/ noun
- baf·fler /-f(&-)l&r/ noun
- baf·fling·ly /'ba-fli[ng]-lE/ adverb
---

I've often commented on the need for our regulations to make sense.
They need to be vertically and horizontally consistent. They need not
be arbitrary. They need not baffle.

Yet I've been attacked again and again and again by the Extra-Elite of
RRAP wrt this topic.

Now David Sumner, speaking for the ARRL in the pages of QST validates
what I've said and have been attacked for.

Thanks you Extras. I'm sure your hearts were in the right place.

an_old_friend March 26th 06 05:52 PM

"Baffling regulations"

wrote:
In the April iss issue of QST, David Sumner K1ZZ editorializes the new
public relations campaign "hello..."

does this mean for what you ca read I can expect another set mailing
form them?

breity cut
I've often commented on the need for our regulations to make sense.
They need to be vertically and horizontally consistent. They need not
be arbitrary. They need not baffle.

some of them do end up having to be arbitray band edges but you are
right learn the inanities of the was what made it very rough teachingmy
wife

Yet I've been attacked again and again and again by the Extra-Elite of
RRAP wrt this topic.

Now David Sumner, speaking for the ARRL in the pages of QST validates
what I've said and have been attacked for.

Thanks you Extras. I'm sure your hearts were in the right place.

very generous

[email protected] March 26th 06 09:09 PM

"Baffling regulations"

an_old_friend wrote:
wrote:
In the April iss issue of QST, David Sumner K1ZZ editorializes the new
public relations campaign "hello..."

does this mean for what you ca read I can expect another set mailing
form them?

Get your check book out...

Honestly, I don't know how "Hello..." could cost much if anything.
It's a campaign to get mostly existing amateurs to recruit new hams.
The ARRL is popping for a new video and website, and thats about it.
Hell, I'll even buy one of their bumper stickers and speak of amateur
radio to anyone who asks about it.

breity cut

No sweatty-dah.

I've often commented on the need for our regulations to make sense.
They need to be vertically and horizontally consistent. They need not
be arbitrary. They need not baffle.

some of them do end up having to be arbitray band edges but you are
right learn the inanities of the was what made it very rough teachingmy
wife

True. But there are lots of internal amateur privileges that are
inconsistent from band to band. And I still think if we have a pass
fail exam based on Farnsworth code that it should be codified in Part
97.

But I'm still in favor of Hans' one license ARS. But if we're going to
chop it up into itty bitty pieces, we might as well be consistent from
band to band.

Yet I've been attacked again and again and again by the Extra-Elite of
RRAP wrt this topic.

Now David Sumner, speaking for the ARRL in the pages of QST validates
what I've said and have been attacked for.

Thanks you Extras. I'm sure your hearts were in the right place.

very generous

I'm that kind of guy.

BTW, the March issue of CQ Magazine has an interesting editorial on the
rewrite of the Technician QP. It might even be on line. Zero Bias by
Rich/WV2U addresses the various characters that claim that the ARS is
being dumbed down.

I've enjoyed catching up on my ham related reading.

bb

http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/Zero_Bias_march06.pdf

an old freind March 27th 06 07:04 PM

"Baffling regulations"

wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:
wrote:
In the April iss issue of QST, David Sumner K1ZZ editorializes the new
public relations campaign "hello..."

does this mean for what you ca read I can expect another set mailing
form them?

Get your check book out...

not for them

Honestly, I don't know how "Hello..." could cost much if anything.
It's a campaign to get mostly existing amateurs to recruit new hams.
The ARRL is popping for a new video and website, and thats about it.
Hell, I'll even buy one of their bumper stickers and speak of amateur
radio to anyone who asks about it.

breity cut

No sweatty-dah.

some of them do end up having to be arbitray band edges but you are
right learn the inanities of the was what made it very rough teachingmy
wife

True. But there are lots of internal amateur privileges that are
inconsistent from band to band. And I still think if we have a pass
fail exam based on Farnsworth code that it should be codified in Part
97.

no one will ever codify it which another reason the FCC will drop it

But I'm still in favor of Hans' one license ARS. But if we're going to
chop it up into itty bitty pieces, we might as well be consistent from
band to band.

one license would be best

Yet I've been attacked again and again and again by the Extra-Elite of
RRAP wrt this topic.

I've enjoyed catching up on my ham related reading.

bb

http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/Zero_Bias_march06.pdf

not a bad bit

[email protected] March 29th 06 02:26 AM

"Baffling regulations"

an old freind wrote:
wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:
wrote:
[...]

It's kind of nice to be able to read another ham's opinions without
being called a liar and/or a homo.

an_old_friend March 29th 06 03:44 AM

"Baffling regulations"

wrote:
an old freind wrote:
wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:

bb

http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/Zero_Bias_march06.pdf

not a bad bit

It's kind of nice to be able to read another ham's opinions without
being called a liar and/or a homo.

yea it is nice or lazy disrepectful or a child molestor

K4YZ March 29th 06 07:12 AM

"Baffling regulations"

nobodys_old_friend wrote:
wrote:

It's kind of nice to be able to read another ham's opinions without
being called a liar and/or a homo.

yea it is nice or lazy disrepectful or a child molestor

Well lookie lookie...Two lying, disrespectful, lazy child molesters
back-slapping each other...

No..really guys...I don't think EITHER of you could muster up
enough testosterone to be even close to being as sexually "mature" as a
child let alone have your way forcibly. But at least Brain married a
real woman who took his last name, so we can write him out of being
homosexual".

However the lying, disrespectful and lazy parts seem to be pretty
accurate. Neither of you have provided anything to prove otherwise.

And thanks, guys...Always enjoy watching the red hatted monkey
dancing with the trained poodle...However it's tough to tell who's
"leading".....

Steve, K4YZ

an_old_friend March 29th 06 07:33 AM

"Baffling regulations"

K4YZ wrote:
wrote:
In the April iss issue of QST, David Sumner K1ZZ editorializes the new
public relations campaign "hello..."

In the eighth paragraph, he mentions "baffling regulations."

Merriam-Webster on-line has this to say about baffle:
---
baffle
One entry found for baffle.

Main Entry: 1baf·fle
Pronunciation: 'ba-f&l

Huh...?!?! Mark Morgan phonetics?

hijacking another thread?
I've often commented on the need for our regulations to make sense.
They need to be vertically and horizontally consistent. They need not
be arbitrary. They need not baffle.

They don't. I understand them just fine.

you understand them then I guess we have proof your mind is truly
****ed up

Yet I've been attacked again and again and again by the Extra-Elite of
RRAP wrt this topic.

No.

You've been "attacked" because you make irrational, unfounded,
unsubstantiated claims about Amatuer Radio and then cry because you get
your feelings hurt when people actually demand that you provide some
form of validation for your wild assertions.

nope
he has proovided proof as has more tellingly has the FCC

Now David Sumner, speaking for the ARRL in the pages of QST validates
what I've said and have been attacked for.

No, he doesn't.

sure he does Summer validates one of the thing BB has claimed but you
you are not honest to even admit that

Thanks you Extras. I'm sure your hearts were in the right place.

Thank-YOU, Brain, for showing us that we're all just one DNA-link
away from being the animals we once were.

always can count on your for the perspnaly attack

now stev where is your promised lawsuit?

Steve, K4YZ

an_old_friend March 29th 06 07:36 AM

"Baffling regulations"

K4YZ wrote:
nobodys_old_friend wrote:
wrote:

It's kind of nice to be able to read another ham's opinions without
being called a liar and/or a homo.

yea it is nice or lazy disrepectful or a child molestor

Well lookie lookie...Two lying, disrespectful, lazy child molesters
back-slapping each other...

and this is ontopic how?

No..really guys...I don't think EITHER of you could muster up
enough testosterone to be even close to being as sexually "mature" as a
child let alone have your way forcibly.

so you admit to lying when you called me a child moslestor the other
day? or not

I do wish you'd make up your mind
But at least Brain married a
real woman who took his last name, so we can write him out of being
homosexual".

you are hung up on conventionality steve and short on facts as well

However the lying, disrespectful and lazy parts seem to be pretty
accurate. Neither of you have provided anything to prove otherwise.

realy guess you haven't been reading the NG, but then from much of what
you have posted I question wether you have ever read the NG and posted
a response that related to topic at hand

where is your lawsuit Steve oh proven liar