RadioBanter

-   -   Heard today on our local two meter repeater. (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/92966-heard-today-our-local-two-meter-repeater.html)

Slow Code April 17th 06 11:26 PM

Heard today on our local two meter repeater.

CQ DX, CQ DX, CQ DX, CQ DX... and done phonetically.

I almost crashed the car laughing so hard. At least there wasn't any CB
lingo or I would have crashed. Thanks ARRL, keep on pushing your dumb it
down proposals.

an Old friend April 17th 06 11:59 PM

get help

Slow Code wrote:
CQ DX, CQ DX, CQ DX, CQ DX... and done phonetically.

you sure it was a crosslinked to 10 M FM repeater I have made such
calls from2 ro 10m myself. and been answered by Russians sure it don't
count for the awards a lot of folksare after but I did not care itwas
nice to talk some folks froma great distance

N9OGL April 18th 06 06:27 AM

get help

It sounds like it's either a cross link like you said mark, or
echolink. My 2 meter repeater is hooked into echolink, so we have a lot
of people calling CQ all the time, and as far away as Japan.

Todd N9OGL

an old freind April 18th 06 06:30 AM

get help

N9OGL wrote:
It sounds like it's either a cross link like you said mark, or
echolink. My 2 meter repeater is hooked into echolink, so we have a lot
of people calling CQ all the time, and as far away as Japan.

I love the crosslinked one In stouis I could reach it from illiopolis
but I got down close enough to stl Mo to use fairly often

I admit I had not thought of echolink I have NO experence with it yet
since none of the local repatershave it and and havement had enough
time anywhere it is used to try it out

Todd N9OGL

Slow Code April 18th 06 11:08 PM

Heard today on our local two meter repeater.

"N9OGL" wrote in
oups.com:

It sounds like it's either a cross link like you said mark, or
echolink. My 2 meter repeater is hooked into echolink, so we have a lot
of people calling CQ all the time, and as far away as Japan.

Todd N9OGL

Not cross-linked on this repeater. Just a newbie. Someone corrected him.
He didn't work any DX, but got to meet some of the locals.

SC

N9OGL April 19th 06 02:58 AM

Heard today on our local two meter repeater.

well, it depends really, if the bands open you can talk dx on 2 meters.
I've done DX on a 23cm repeaters talked 300 miles away. I know it's not
DX DX but it's long distance and it was neat to talk to these guys who
were in the northern part of chicago. I've also done alot of DXing on 2
meter repeaters when the bands open. talked on the St. Louis repeater,
which I can hit at home with no problem and talked to as far away as
oklahoma.

Todd N9OGL

[email protected] April 19th 06 01:16 PM

Heard today on our local two meter repeater.

Like you would know anything, Toad, you fired Wal-Mart stock BOY.

an_old_friend April 19th 06 06:48 PM

wrote:
Like you would know anything, Toad, you fired Wal-Mart stock BOY.

well at least he had a job when did you last have one Wisemen

Billy Smith April 20th 06 06:03 AM

wrote:

Like you would know anything, Toad, you fired Wal-Mart stock BOY.

That's still one step above an unemployable loser like yourself Wussman.

Billy Smith April 20th 06 06:05 AM

an_old_friend wrote:

wrote:

Like you would know anything, Toad, you fired Wal-Mart stock BOY.

well at least he had a job when did you last have one Wisemen

Oh, he has one, it's called living off the public dole which he has been
doing for quite some time. After all, could you imagine working with
him. You know he can't get along with anyone here so it is obvious that
you wouldn't want to employ him. Think about what a loner he must be to
hang on here daily even during work hours from say 7 to 5 or something
like that. After all, how else could he actually be working for someone
and posting at the same time. Plus, notice he uses an MSN account when
doing so and it's not likely any decent sized business would be using an
MSN account but rather have their own servers etc. See what I am saying
is that he must be on the dole.