RadioBanter

-   -   Elimination of CW is a loss in the number of ways we can communicate with other. (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/94324-re-elimination-cw-loss-number-ways-we-can-communicate-other.html)

Cecil Moore May 12th 06 03:35 PM

Elimination of CW is a loss in the number of ways we can communicate with other.

"jawod" wrote:
Consider the letter "E": a single "dit" in Morse, but it becomes
one "tap" followed by 5 "taps" in the above scheme. None too efficient,
it seems to me.

OTOH, the tap code is infinitely more efficient for sending T, M, O, etc.

Incidentally, didn't 'HI HI' originate from the way 'HA HA' sounds in
telegraph code?
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP

an_old_friend May 12th 06 04:42 PM

Cecil Moore wrote:
"jawod" wrote:
Consider the letter "E": a single "dit" in Morse, but it becomes
one "tap" followed by 5 "taps" in the above scheme. None too efficient,
it seems to me.

OTOH, the tap code is infinitely more efficient for sending T, M, O, etc.

well cecil you are leaving out a number of possibilities

more is less effeicent than phonics in number of occasions

one if the sending or receieving station doesn't know morse the gam is
up (thus smoke signals are more effiecent than trying to send Morse
code to me)

two sending a recieving requires 2 people knowledable and skilled at
the mode. not something I want to bank anything important on these days

unless we are going to go to a system that enfores morse code USE their
is no logical reason for code TESTing