RadioBanter

-   -   Google as a Verb (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/98387-re-google-verb.html)

[email protected] July 9th 06 11:00 PM

Google as a Verb

Bill Wilkinson wrote:
Dictionaries all over the place are now listing it as such. Here, in
case you missed it:

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/7498.html

However, it can also be used as other parts of speech, which I expect
will be in the next release of Merryam-Webster. As an example of verbs
and other parts of speach, I submit the following for your scholarly
consideration:

1. Google as a transitive verb: He googled the information.
2. Google as an intransitive verb: The information was googled by him.
3. Google as a copulative verb: Well, I'll be googled!
4. Google as an adverb: Googlely searching through the data, he found
the answer.
5. Google as an adjective: Joe's database was the googlest of all.
6. Google as a song (Spike Jones): "Barney Google, with the
goo-goo-goo-ga-ly eyes. Barney Google had a wife three times his
size...(etc., etc.)"

I'd give more examples, but my brane's all tuckered out.

--Bill
--
The World Wide Web is the hugest vanity press
in the history of the human race!

blowing is a verb

an_old_friend July 9th 06 11:09 PM

get help sicko

wrote:
get help sicko

The Last Viking July 10th 06 10:19 AM

get help sicko

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... an_old_friend wrote:

: wrote:
: get help sicko

are you in trouble?

-----------------------T-H-E----L-A-S-T---V-I-K-I-N-G----------------------
palATekran.no - ACK and you shall recieve - URL:http://www.ekran.no/
Life is unfair - but root password helps! - - Knowledge is information
-----------------------T-H-E----L-A-S-T---V-I-K-I-N-G-----------------V10.0
vim:sw=4:ts=8:noai:tw=74:ruler

an old friend July 10th 06 11:27 AM

get help sicko

The Last Viking wrote:
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... an_old_friend wrote:

: wrote:
: get help sicko

are you in trouble?

no just under siege by a nitwit forger

The Last Viking July 10th 06 12:39 PM

get help sicko

: : wrote:
: : get help sicko
: are you in trouble?
: no just under siege by a nitwit forger

You should try area-nuke, root, dot, nuke, nuke, dot, nuke, root, nuke.