Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 9th 07, 09:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Type 488 tube

Some photos of an unusual tube I got in a box full. It appears to be a
triode. The only numerical marking I can find indicates a Type 488. I
can't find any information on the usual spots on the web. I made a shot
from the front showing the mesh plate structure and a shot from the
top. I tested it in my tester as a 26 but with 6.3V on the filament and
it tested well in the "Good" zone. Testing as a 45 @ 6.3V on the
filament increased the purple glow and it still tested in the "Good"
zone. Does anybody know what this tube is?

Raymond

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	488.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	304  Click image for larger version

Name:	488top.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	305  Click image for larger version

Name:	488as26.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	306  Click image for larger version

Name:	488as45.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	307

WTB Old tube type Rx Ward Rehkopf Swap 0 April 21st 07 01:42 PM
FS: Tube type 6080WC $2.00 each W6KRC Boatanchors 0 February 6th 06 06:37 PM
FS: Tube type 6080WC $2.00 each W6KRC Swap 0 February 6th 06 06:37 PM
FA: Amplex Model "C" Tube Type Radio - Antique Type - Quite Old !LP Swap 0 October 9th 04 08:58 PM
WTB: OLD Tube type UHF PA AL G. Swap 0 January 28th 04 12:38 AM