RadioBanter

-   Radio Photos (https://www.radiobanter.com/radio-photos/)
-   -   Chassis holding jig (https://www.radiobanter.com/radio-photos/127706-chassis-holding-jig.html)

Ken November 28th 07 12:52 PM

Chassis holding jig

3 Attachment(s)
I spent weeks building a large rotisserie type holder, found it to be
too large, too fussy to set up. In less than an hour I threw together
this temporary one which has become the only one I use. Both front
support and back fold together for storage. Most chassis lay in with no
problem, sometimes I need additional support depending on what sticks up
on the chassis. It's only 9" wide by 9" deep, but will hold a pretty
large radio in perfect position on the bench. Ken

Buck Frobisher November 28th 07 04:39 PM

Chassis holding jig

3 Attachment(s)
That looks like an effective piece.

Another one is the adjustable one that Bill Turner made. He photographed it
and I scanned and posted the images for him a year or two ago. Here it is
again:

Ken November 28th 07 07:58 PM

Chassis holding jig

Buck Frobisher wrote:
That looks like an effective piece.

Another one is the adjustable one that Bill Turner made. He photographed it
and I scanned and posted the images for him a year or two ago. Here it is
again:

But I like the bottom to face me, not to be vertical or horizontal,
about 20 deg. up from horiz. Ken

Ken G. November 29th 07 06:07 AM

Chassis holding jig

I cant see where any of those does anything ? take it away and lay the
chassis on the bench .

Phil Nelson November 29th 07 07:34 AM

Chassis holding jig

1 Attachment(s)
Heavy metal L brackets screwed into the chassis with the original mounting
screws.

Very secure, and if you prefer a tilt, put a 2x4 underneath the front edge.

Phil Nelson