Old January 6th 08, 08:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Hot Chassis Tube Tester (Fixed) "IMG_5903.JPG" (1/1) yEnc 290586 Bytes

Here is a photo. Works great, still need to clean it up a little. Thanks, John
Old January 7th 08, 12:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Thanks for posting the pics. But It is all code. What am I doing wrong.

Paul P.

"John" wrote in message
Here is a photo. Works great, still need to clean it up a little. Thanks,
John
=ybegin size=290586 line=128 name=IMG_5903.JPG
)) K(o**ssT*2***3*9+,*0******:+,*******+-*+***+***D+/*+******E+/*+******R+-*+***,***\+,*******=},-*+***+***=n*+***
***/**m*mJz}Jk^Z****************+**** **+***\ZZbdZ[dZ`JZ\d^^d[b*I*Ĭ/*+***-**Ǭ/*+***-***1*=n***Z\\Z-,***
*h,**=n,****|,**+1*=n***+,-*,/*+***-**+4*+*** -**,/*+***-**=n4*+***-**//*+***-**1-*+***/***3-*+***C***4/*+***-**
1*+**-**1*2+**,***1*=n***Z[ZZ+-*+***+***,-*+****=n**--*+****-**/=n*+***/**8/*+***/**9/*+***/**:-*+***,***A-*+
***,****1*+***-***+-*+*******,-*+*******--*+*******=n/*+***/**0-*+***********\ZZbdZ[dZ`JZ\d^^d[b*\ZZbdZ[dZ`JZ\d^^d[b*****
************************************************** ************************************************** ****************************

Old January 7th 08, 01:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Paul P" REMOVE paul @ REMOVE ppinyot . REMOVEcom wrote in message
Thanks for posting the pics. But It is all code. What am I doing wrong.

You're doing nothing wrong. That is yEnc coding. If you are using some NG
readers, such as Outlook Express (as I do), you need a separate program to
decode the yEnc stuff.

Perhaps the original poster could repost it in .JPG format so that more
people could view it.

Yes, I know you can find freeware/shareware decoders & whatnot which support
yEnc, but I already have more than enough sketchy software installed on my
machine, thank you very much.

Phil

Old January 7th 08, 01:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"John" wrote in message
Here is a photo. Works great, still need to clean it up a little. Thanks,
John
=ybegin size=290586 line=128 name=IMG_5903.JPG
))
K(o"**ssT*2***3*9+,*0******:+,*******+-*+***+***D+/*+******E+/*+******R+-*+***,***\+,*******=},-*+***+***"=n*+***
***/**m~T~*m~T~JzTo}'TzJk^Z****************+**** **+***\ZZbdZ[dZ`JZ\d^^d[b*I*Ĭ/*+***-**Ǭ/*+***-***1*=n***Z\\Z-,***
*h,**=n,****|,**+1*=n***+,-*,/*+***~-**+4*+*** -**,/*+***-**=n4*+***-**//*+***-**1-*+***/***3-*+***C***4/*+***-**
1*+**-**1*2+**,***1*=n***Z[ZZ+-*+***+***,-*+****=n**--*+****-**/=n*+***/**8/*+***-/**9/*+***z/**:-*+***,***A-*+
***,****1*+***-***+-*+*******,-*+*******--*+*******=n/*+***/**0-*+***********\ZZbdZ[dZ`JZ\d^^d[b*\ZZbdZ[dZ`JZ\d^^d[b*****
************************************************** ************************************************** ****************************

Attached Thumbnails
Hot Chassis Tube Tester (Fixed) "IMG_5903.JPG" (1/1) yEnc 290586 Bytes-img_5903.jpg
Old January 8th 08, 03:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

WOW. That is beautiful. John you did a good job on that restoration.

I have a ratty B&K Dyna Quick. It is a great workhorse but ratty looking
with some loose sockets. I also added a three wire cord to that B&K like
you did. I was getting buzzed off of the chassis and did not like it.

Paul.

Old January 7th 08, 12:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 20:58:03 GMT, John
wrote:

Here is a photo. Works great, still need to clean it up a little. Thanks, John

Man, blast from the past, I had one of those when I was younger. Great
tester, I loved it. Sadly I have no idea what happened to it, but it
was great.
Old January 7th 08, 04:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

I am curious about this precision 910 tester. I have a 612 which is not
unlike this, but it has 10 lever switches to select the connections of the
10 tube terminals. On this photo of the 910 there is just a row of buttons.
Anyone know how the three choices [common, 'plate' and filament] of element
connection are selected in this model??
Thanks

Neil S.

Old January 7th 08, 08:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 16:53:05 GMT, "Neil S"
wrote:

I am curious about this precision 910 tester. I have a 612 which is not
unlike this, but it has 10 lever switches to select the connections of the
10 tube terminals. On this photo of the 910 there is just a row of buttons.
Anyone know how the three choices [common, 'plate' and filament] of element
connection are selected in this model??
Thanks

Neil S.

Way too long ago for me, but I remember punching those buttons a lot.
bg I think the grid, filament plate are all controlled by the rotary
switches, iirc.
Old January 8th 08, 12:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

I am curious about this precision 910 tester. I have a 612 which is not
unlike this, but it has 10 lever switches to select the connections of the
10 tube terminals.

Similar to my 10-12?

Phil Nelson

Old January 8th 08, 04:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Uhh, I was, of course, referring to the 912 in the photo, not a 910.
The 612 is a bit like your 10-12 and the 912 in general layout but it has 3
rotary controls to select test voltage/current, filament voltage and meter
shunt and then a bank of 10 lever switches [one for each tube pin] that
connect the pin to common or 'test' or open or filament supply. The levers
are flicked from common [the rest postion] to test one at a time to check
for shorts and then all active elements except cathode are set to test and
the 'test' button pressed for measuring emission.
On the 912 it is not obvious how the tube terminals are connected to the
appropriate test circuits in the tester.
Your 10-12 is pretty obvious how it is done with the added convenience of
push buttong shorts test.

Neil