RadioBanter

-   Radio Photos (https://www.radiobanter.com/radio-photos/)
-   -   A bit un-p.c. these days. (https://www.radiobanter.com/radio-photos/132248-bit-un-p-c-these-days.html)

Randy or Sherry Guttery April 17th 08 04:04 PM

A bit un-p.c. these days.

William Sommerwerck wrote:

When I worked for Bendix Field Engineering, there was a group of women who
assembled electronic equipment for NASA STDN. They had to take a course in
reliable soldering. I wish I had taken it, but I don't think it was offered
to engineers.

Depends on what your job is/was. Since I was the senior supervisor in
the maintenance department of a "special weapons" handling and test
equipment facility - I had to be certified by NASA in "hand soldering
and inspection techniques". The people that worked under me had to have
me sign-off on any soldering they did. The guy I replaced and the guy
that replaced me had to go through that 40 hour course as well. In other
words it wasn't who you are/were - but what you did.

best regards...
--
randy guttery

A Tender Tale - a page dedicated to those Ships and Crews
so vital to the United States Silent Service:
http://tendertale.com