RadioBanter

-   Radio Photos (https://www.radiobanter.com/radio-photos/)
-   -   Bomber vs Clipper differences and serial number change. (https://www.radiobanter.com/radio-photos/132900-bomber-vs-clipper-differences-serial-number-change.html)

Paul P[_2_] April 24th 08 04:23 AM

Bomber vs Clipper differences and serial number change.

What are the differences between the two other than the speaker grill image?
I have one of each on the bench and observed the following differences:

Clipper
Greenish croc scale highlights
Two piece lower latch (the part that gets captured by the bail).
A thicker bail

Bomber
Reddish brown croc scale highlight (no pic sorry)
Single piece lower latch
Thinner bail.

And what serial number did Zenith change to the Bomber image?

And I still have not come up with a viable reproduction simulated Croc
covering.

Paul P.