Old August 29th 08, 04:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Where to put all the vacuum tubes? 6/7

Old August 30th 08, 06:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Where's the kitty?

Every electronics shop needs a cat visible somewhere.

Joe

Old August 30th 08, 08:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Joe Bento wrote:
Where's the kitty?

Every electronics shop needs a cat visible somewhere.

He's a neutered male tortoise shell named Freeway. He
was lounging on a box when I came in this morning, but
must have sensed my grabbing the camera.

I'll snag a picture of him when he lets down his guard.

Jeff

Old August 30th 08, 09:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Jeffrey D Angus wrote:
I'll snag a picture of him when he lets down his guard.

Bwahahaha, He wandered in and complained.

Jeff

Old September 3rd 08, 11:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Where to put all the vacuum tubes? 6/7 - IMGP0645.JPG (0/7)

Old August 31st 08, 02:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Is Freeway a rescue? My sister has a cat just like Freeway that showed
up on her doorstep one day. She fed him for nearly two years as well
as providing a small doghouse shelter before relenting and taking him
inside. She took him to the vet for checkup and neutering. She named
him Freeloader for all the time he took up residence outside her house.
Today he is strictly an indoor kittly and shows no interest whatsoever
in going outside.

My own cat, Venus, is also a rescue. She was found 8 years ago on I-15
in Provo, Utah. She was microchipped, and we found her original owner.
The lady was amazed to hear from someone, as the cat had been missing
for almost two months. Interestingly, when the lady came by my house
to get her cat, the cat ran and hid under the bed upon hearing the
woman's voice. Since it had already been two months, the lady said I
could have the cat if I promised to take good care of her. The cat's
original name was Aisha - Greek for rising sun if I understand
correctly. Naming her Venus is an interesting coincidence.

This picture of Venus and I was taken just a few hours ago from the
webcam after she hopped into my lap. I should grap a picture of her
napping on a Zenith console sometime. :-)

On 2008-08-30 13:41:58 -0600, Jeffrey D Angus said:

Joe Bento wrote:
Where's the kitty?

Every electronics shop needs a cat visible somewhere.

He's a neutered male tortoise shell named Freeway. He
was lounging on a box when I came in this morning, but
must have sensed my grabbing the camera.

I'll snag a picture of him when he lets down his guard.

Jeff

Attached Thumbnails
Where to put all the vacuum tubes? 6/7-photo-11.jpg
Old August 31st 08, 02:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Joe Bento" wrote in message
[...]

Pretty Meezer... and an interesting coincidence, too. I lost my beloved
black Meezer back in '66, when I lived just south of there, in Orem. We
lived on what at the time was the main highway, across from a dairy, and my
poor Johnny Cat (named for the late president) got hit by a car. Does
Venus hug?

Old August 31st 08, 04:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Oh yes, she hugs! She is very affectionate. Very soft purrs and nuzzles.

Venus is strictly an indoor cat. She is declawed on her front paws, so
we make sure she never gets outside. Fortunately, she shows no desire
to go outside.

Main highway at the time must have been State Street (hwy 89). Orem is
a rather large city now, as are most all towns in Utah County. Orem /
Provo and surrounding area is probably over 500,000 people.

Utah is a rather poor place for radio collectors. Not too many local
sales, though I've found a few.

Well, I'd better find a picture of Venus on a console lest I get
chastised for being too far off topic. :-)

Joe