RadioBanter

-   Radio Photos (https://www.radiobanter.com/radio-photos/)
-   -   Vintage Radio+Phono for juanrodman (https://www.radiobanter.com/radio-photos/136310-vintage-radio-phono-juanrodman.html)

Jeffrey D Angus September 2nd 08 05:59 PM

Vintage Radio+Phono for juanrodman

2 Attachment(s)
juanrodman wrote (in RAR+P):
I have a vintage Zenith radio/phonograph for which I need a
replacement phono arm. Searched high and low but I can't identify the
model number of this console unit. Can anyone help? I'm in SoCal.
Thanks!

Juan sent me the pictures to post here for him.
This has to be one of the stranger Zenith's I've seen.

Jeff

Registered User September 2nd 08 07:39 PM

Vintage Radio+Phono for juanrodman

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 09:59:51 -0700, Jeffrey D Angus
wrote:

-snip-
This has to be one of the stranger Zenith's I've seen.

I like the Peter Max effect the reflections create.

William Sommerwerck[_2_] September 3rd 08 01:58 AM

Vintage Radio+Phono for juanrodman

I have a gut feeling that the turntable doesn't go with the rest of the
unit. The styles just don't match.

hifi-tek September 3rd 08 02:47 AM

"Jeffrey D Angus" wrote in message
juanrodman wrote (in RAR+P):
I have a vintage Zenith radio/phonograph for which I need a
replacement phono arm. Searched high and low but I can't identify the
model number of this console unit. Can anyone help? I'm in SoCal.
Thanks!

Juan sent me the pictures to post here for him.
This has to be one of the stranger Zenith's I've seen.

Jeff

Wow, dig that crazy reverse VTA! Does it play records or cut them? :-)
Unusual!
Regards,
Tom

Brian Bebeau September 3rd 08 04:17 PM

William Sommerwerck wrote:
I have a gut feeling that the turntable doesn't go with the rest of the
unit. The styles just don't match.

Actually, it does. I have the same radio, I grew up with it. It looks
just like that (unfortunately, it doesn't work anymore, but it used to).

Jeffrey D Angus September 3rd 08 05:22 PM

Brian Bebeau wrote:
William Sommerwerck wrote:
I have a gut feeling that the turntable doesn't go with the rest of the
unit. The styles just don't match.

Actually, it does. I have the same radio, I grew up with it. It looks
just like that (unfortunately, it doesn't work anymore, but it used to).

Do you have a correct model number for the radio and phono?

Jeff

Brian Bebeau September 5th 08 04:21 PM

Jeffrey D Angus wrote:
Brian Bebeau wrote:
William Sommerwerck wrote:
I have a gut feeling that the turntable doesn't go with the rest of the
unit. The styles just don't match.

Actually, it does. I have the same radio, I grew up with it. It looks
just like that (unfortunately, it doesn't work anymore, but it used to).

Do you have a correct model number for the radio and phono?

If it had a paper label, it's long gone. The only thing I could find was
"6R087" stamped on the radio chassis. Googling it, this was the first
hit, http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/zenith_...al_ch6c22.html.

That certainly looks like it.