Old February 23rd 10, 04:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Need some help identifying this tank circuit - attached files (01/14)

"tg" wrote in message
I found this box at a junk dealer and thought it would be usefully.
take a look at the pic's and let me know if you know what it is and how
it was used. I was unable to find any identifying marks ( model # /
maker etc...). I would like to use it as part of a crystal radio.
Thanks for the help.

Todd

You sure picked an awkward way to post these pictures, a 14-part MIME file?

Try sizing them to something appropriate next time, and posting individual
fils. You'll have more people able to see them!

Attached Thumbnails
Re: Need some help identifying this tank circuit - attached files (01/14)-img_0491.jpg  Re: Need some help identifying this tank circuit - attached files (01/14)-img_0495.jpg  Re: Need some help identifying this tank circuit - attached files (01/14)-img_0492.jpg  Re: Need some help identifying this tank circuit - attached files (01/14)-img_0494.jpg  Re: Need some help identifying this tank circuit - attached files (01/14)-img_0496.jpg

Old February 23rd 10, 04:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

In message , Buck Frobisher
writes

"tg" wrote in message
I found this box at a junk dealer and thought it would be usefully.
take a look at the pic's and let me know if you know what it is and how
it was used. I was unable to find any identifying marks ( model # /
maker etc...). I would like to use it as part of a crystal radio.
Thanks for the help.

Todd

You sure picked an awkward way to post these pictures, a 14-part MIME file?

Try sizing them to something appropriate next time, and posting
individual fils. You'll have more people able to see them!

So THAT'S what the photos were! My news reader doesn't willingly join
split files together. And I agree about the re-sizing. Very few pictures
on this NG are worth more that about 100kB and, for the majority, even
this is overkill (especially if they are out of focus). I would hate to
be on a dial-up service.
--
Ian
Old August 16th 13, 12:14 AM
jta jta is offline
Member

It looks like a homebrew... something. Maybe an amp? Maybe a tuner? It certainly looks like it's got high voltage in it, so "as part of a crystal radio" probably is out of the question. E F Johnson made transmitter parts.

Unfortunately, the meter picture was unreadable. What are they labeled? Any tubes inside? If so, what tube types? What's on the rear panel?

Need more information!

Last edited by jta : August 16th 13 at 12:17 AM Reason: added a question