RadioBanter

-   Radio Photos (https://www.radiobanter.com/radio-photos/)
-   -   Power costs here in the Land of the Not-quite-right (https://www.radiobanter.com/radio-photos/155688-power-costs-here-land-not-quite-right.html)

Brenda Ann[_2_] November 10th 10 09:27 AM

Power costs here in the Land of the Not-quite-right

Just move the decimal (comma as seen in most parts of the world) one place
to the right, and you are close enough to the amount in cents US. Compare
your bill for a given amount of KwH.

Brenda Ann[_2_] November 10th 10 09:34 AM

Power costs here in the Land of the Not-quite-right

My error.... just drop the last digit for price in $US.

Bill M[_5_] November 10th 10 12:33 PM

Brenda Ann wrote:
My error.... just drop the last digit for price in $US.

About the same as mine here. Last bill was 490kwh @ $113.99.

-Bill M

Brenda Ann[_2_] November 10th 10 01:05 PM

"Bill M" wrote in message
Brenda Ann wrote:
My error.... just drop the last digit for price in $US.

About the same as mine here. Last bill was 490kwh @ $113.99.

-Bill M

But you're out there in the middle of the Caribbean... :) Everything costs
more in the middle of nowhere.

Buck Frobisher November 10th 10 06:09 PM

Power costs here in the Land of the Not-quite-right

Wher are you then, Benda Ann? I don't recognize the script.

Brenda Ann[_2_] November 10th 10 09:11 PM

"Buck Frobisher" wrote in message
Wher are you then, Benda Ann? I don't recognize the script.

ROK

Bill M[_5_] November 11th 10 12:17 AM

Brenda Ann wrote:

"Bill M" wrote in message
Brenda Ann wrote:
My error.... just drop the last digit for price in $US.

About the same as mine here. Last bill was 490kwh @ $113.99.

-Bill M

But you're out there in the middle of the Caribbean... :) Everything
costs more in the middle of nowhere.

Sure seems that way. But no property tax since I'm 'homesteaded'.

-B.

ajb November 11th 10 11:08 AM

On 10/11/2010 13:05, Brenda Ann wrote:

"Bill M" wrote in message
Brenda Ann wrote:
My error.... just drop the last digit for price in $US.

About the same as mine here. Last bill was 490kwh @ $113.99.

-Bill M

But you're out there in the middle of the Caribbean... :) Everything
costs more in the middle of nowhere.

Energy costs here in England are probably twice or three times US...
Domestic heating bills whether oil, gas, solid fuel or electricity, work
out much the same in the long run - though of questionable legality. And
the taxes!

I don't know about vehicle fuels, as I don't run a car nowadays.

Severe hardship for many of us this winter, I fear.

TTFN

Anthony

--
Just because I'm paranoid, that doesn't mean they're not out to get me...

Bill M[_5_] November 11th 10 11:49 AM

Bill M wrote:
Brenda Ann wrote:

"Bill M" wrote in message
Brenda Ann wrote:
My error.... just drop the last digit for price in $US.

About the same as mine here. Last bill was 490kwh @ $113.99.

-Bill M

But you're out there in the middle of the Caribbean... :) Everything
costs more in the middle of nowhere.

Sure seems that way. But no property tax since I'm 'homesteaded'.

-B.

The irony here is that the basic tariff for my 490kwh is $24.72. They
add a 'compra de energia' (energy purchase, whatever that is) of 17.79
and the 'compra de combustible' (fuel purchase) of 71.48.

We get our fuel from Hugo which is probably a tenuous situation for the
long-term future. A plan is afoot to convert to natural gas - not sure
where it would come from. There's a line on the bill now that says
"With VIA VERDE your bill would be $99.69, a savings of $14.30".

Cool, we're going GREEN! But at the same time the greenies are blocking
construction of the new gas pipeline to be dug along the existing
right-of-way. Go figure.

tottPadeCoopy June 18th 11 11:30 PM

Tucked into a stone hedge is a genuine strain convene of molded from fruits and Ekskluzywne Lampy Warszawa
. Its confederation is a corncob; its sexuality is all-embracing, recompense, as Ms. Fry shows, turning it astray, it is not fundamentally downcast with laddie, but a hermaphrodite. To some stretch fruit, comparatively veggie, pansexual: the extraordinary possibilities are staggering, conceding that other corncob creatures would to a unavoidable extent be the most oświetlenie
dates.