RadioBanter

-   -   license renewal (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/101466-re-license-renewal.html)

L. August 26th 06 01:52 PM

license renewal

wrote in message
oups.com...
From: Slow Code on Fri, Aug 18 2006 4:26 pm

2: The passing score for written exams needs to be raised to 85%.

Wayyyy too low. 100%! Nothing less...

Hey now wait a minute, 85% is probably the absolute best he (SC) could do -
thus making that the ceiling! So, if you make it 100% - he too wouldn't be
licensed! DAMNED........... that would be a shame. :)

L.

K4YZ August 28th 06 08:18 AM

Lennie Confuses His Amateur Radio Rant's for His Marital Bed Again

wrote:

Let's get you to a
cryogenic chamber and FREEZE you and your longing for
times of your youth. You want everything FROZEN, don't
you? Cool? Cool...

Poor Lennie...All that make-believe experience going to waste on a
make-believe life.

Steve, K4YZ

Not Lloyd August 28th 06 09:44 AM

Lennie Confuses His Amateur Radio Rant's for His Marital Bed Again

"K4YZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:

Let's get you to a
cryogenic chamber and FREEZE you and your longing for
times of your youth. You want everything FROZEN, don't
you? Cool? Cool...

Poor Lennie...All that make-believe experience going to waste on a
make-believe life.

Steve, K4YZ
(but..but...his wife has two Masters degrees in the medical arena...doesn't
that count for something?)

Slow Code October 1st 06 11:38 PM

It's amazing what people will say to try to justify dumbing down Amateur Radio.

Nada Tapu wrote in
:

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 21:07:15 -0500, "wa0kbz"
wrote:

Glen
Don't know if I 100% agree with your code speeds but I do thing the NO
Code should be for 1 year and none renewable.
I had to take my license in front of the FCC and not so VE who may or
may not help you out to get a license.
As I am a big VHFer I don't know how these NO Code guys are going to
understand beacons. They are all code and most at 10 ~ 20 wpm. I guess
the next thing will be, they will want all beacons either digital or
voice. YUK! Not up in the GHZ range yet but maybe some day.
73, Bill, WA0KBZ

Right on, Bill! Thanks for your thoughts.

NT

It's funny, and most telling. The no-code hams have everything over 30
MHz, but it's the code hams that are the one's moving ham radio forward
and doing anything technical wise. I guess the no-coders are still trying
to figure things out.

SC

Cecil Moore October 2nd 06 12:45 AM

Slow Code wrote:
It's funny, and most telling. The no-code hams have everything over 30
MHz, but it's the code hams that are the one's moving ham radio forward
and doing anything technical wise.

If that's true, it's certainly a change from half a
century ago when we HF hams observed the VHF/UHF
hams revolutionizing amateur radio with their
technical expertise.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

U-Know-Who October 2nd 06 12:53 AM

It's amazing what people will say to try to justify dumbing down Amateur Radio.

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
m...
Slow Code wrote:
It's funny, and most telling. The no-code hams have everything over 30
MHz, but it's the code hams that are the one's moving ham radio forward
and doing anything technical wise.

If that's true, it's certainly a change from half a
century ago when we HF hams observed the VHF/UHF
hams revolutionizing amateur radio with their
technical expertise.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Not at all. As usual, SC is again proving he is a bitter little man.

Slow Code October 5th 06 01:11 AM

It's amazing what people will say to try to justify dumbing down Amateur Radio.

Cecil Moore wrote in
m:

Slow Code wrote:
It's funny, and most telling. The no-code hams have everything over 30
MHz, but it's the code hams that are the one's moving ham radio forward
and doing anything technical wise.

If that's true, it's certainly a change from half a
century ago when we HF hams observed the VHF/UHF
hams revolutionizing amateur radio with their
technical expertise.

And half a century ago those VHF/UHF hams had passed a code test. They
weren't no-coders, they were motivated and did what it took. Today's
no-codes aren't motivated and don't want to make an effort, therefore
they're probably not going to be motivated to move things forward either.

SC

Opus- October 5th 06 02:15 AM

It's amazing what people will say to try to justify dumbing down Amateur Radio.

On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 00:11:42 GMT, Slow Code spake
thusly:

Cecil Moore wrote in
om:

Slow Code wrote:
It's funny, and most telling. The no-code hams have everything over 30
MHz, but it's the code hams that are the one's moving ham radio forward
and doing anything technical wise.

If that's true, it's certainly a change from half a
century ago when we HF hams observed the VHF/UHF
hams revolutionizing amateur radio with their
technical expertise.

And half a century ago those VHF/UHF hams had passed a code test. They
weren't no-coders, they were motivated and did what it took. Today's
no-codes aren't motivated and don't want to make an effort, therefore
they're probably not going to be motivated to move things forward either.

Your defamation is well noted. Democracy just sucks, doesn't it?

Cecil Moore October 5th 06 03:12 AM

Slow Code wrote:
And half a century ago those VHF/UHF hams had passed a code test. They
weren't no-coders, they were motivated and did what it took. Today's
no-codes aren't motivated and don't want to make an effort, therefore
they're probably not going to be motivated to move things forward either.

Actually, the Technician License was offered with
reduced code requirements for hams who were more
interested in technical experimentation than in
ragchewing.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com