RadioBanter

-   -   Uniden SC230 Quick Key question (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/102670-uniden-sc230-quick-key-question.html)

Joe S. August 27th 06 07:14 PM

Uniden SC230 Quick Key question

How do I use the Quick Key function on the SC230?

Yesterday I joined 160,000 of my best friends at Bristol for the night race.
I took my new Uniden SC230 and my trusty old Radio Shack PRO-89.

Before leaving, I updated freqs on both scanners. Also, I followed the
instructions to set up Quick Keys on the SC230 -- go through the menu to a
car number, set up a Quick Key for that car. I set up the following Quick
Keys:
-- MRN-PRN Broadcast: 1
-- Jeff "Squeaky" Gordon: 2
-- Jr: 8
-- Fat Tony: 3
-- Jimmy J.: 4

I thought that all I had to do was hit the Quick Key and the scanner would
go to that freq. Wrong. If I hit any of the keys I had set up, all the
scanner did was "beep" for an error and keep on scanning. After about 30
minutes, I stuffed the SC230 into my backpack and pulled out the PRO-89 --
because the 230 is too much trouble to tune.

For example:

-- To go to a car on the 230: CAR(Enter car #)ENTScanner shows a
freqENT and the scanner goes to the car freq. THREE button presses plus
the car #.
-- To go to a car on the PRO-89: CAR(Enter car #)CAR and there it is --
TWO button presses plus the car #. And, if the car # has three digits, all
you do is hit CAR(Enter the car #) and the scanner goes to the freq -- ONE
button press plus the car number. This is really convenient with MRN-PRN in
the scanner as Car #100.

Still, the 230 would be much more convenient if all I had to do was press
one button -- the Quick Key number -- and recall the car set on that Quick
Key.

How do I make the Quick Keys recall a freq with a single key press??

Thanks.